2020-2021 Application Cycle

7 minutes ago, SarahO said:

Hi All!

I just got an interview for the Delaware campus and am so excited. It’s my first PA school interview and I am hoping for any insight from people who already interviewed earlier this summer. I have read that it is pretty relaxed, but wondering if there any tips to prepare. Right now I’m watching the videos they sent/coming up with my questions about the program and going to go through some possible questions they may have. Thank you in advance! 

Did they assign you a date? I was invited to interview 2 weeks ago but didn't get a date

12 minutes ago, SarahO said:

Hi All!

I just got an interview for the Delaware campus and am so excited. It’s my first PA school interview and I am hoping for any insight from people who already interviewed earlier this summer. I have read that it is pretty relaxed, but wondering if there any tips to prepare. Right now I’m watching the videos they sent/coming up with my questions about the program and going to go through some possible questions they may have. Thank you in advance! 

Prepare for the standard questions: 

Tell me about yourself?

Why do you want to be a PA?

Why this school?

Tell me about your medical experiences.

8 hours ago, SarahO said:

Hi All!

I think what I found most jarring was how short it was! With her going over a little to answer my question, we were done in 22 minutes flat. There's a few questions and that's it, so make sure you're succinct and efficient with your answers!

1 hour ago, adririos said:

Hey everyone,

I received the interview consideration email exactly 2 weeks ago but haven't gotten an email confirming a time. I see other people had a 2 week turn around time. Has anyone taken longer to hear back for a date? Should I email them? 

We're in the same boat and I'm anxious because those that have been waitlisted received an email referring to an already full cohort. So am I interviewing for an open seat or a spot on the waitlist? Obvi, the latter being very disheartening. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, adririos said:

Hey everyone,

I received the interview consideration email exactly 2 weeks ago but haven't gotten an email confirming a time. I see other people had a 2 week turn around time. Has anyone taken longer to hear back for a date? Should I email them? 

It took them six and a half weeks to be scheduled for a time. This was in the first round of interviews, so maybe there were more people, but I think it’s totally normal (but frustrating) to have to wake. The later interview date didn’t affect me getting accepted so there’s hope for sure!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, femeredith said:

It seems all the seat at Arcadia Glenside are taken so how does the waitlist work--is there a rank based on when someone got on the waitlist first or they compare all the waitlist applicants does anyone know?

I was waitlisted for Glenside and the email did imply all seats were taken but I'm not sure that is 100% true. From previous cycles, it seems they wait until all interviews are done and reevaluate the waitlist candidates. It doesn't seem to be ranked.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, KatieEllen7195 said:

@lg215 could you elaborate one what you've heard about the process? I was waitlisted for Glenside too so would love to hear more

I read through the application threads from the previous 2 cycles and based on those, it seems they don't really have a ranked waitlist. It looks like in previous years, they waited until all interviews were completed and then reevaluated the waitlist candidates and offered open seats. Seems like a lot of people in previous years got in off the waitlist so I would stay positive!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lg215 said:

I read through the application threads from the previous 2 cycles and based on those, it seems they don't really have a ranked waitlist. It looks like in previous years, they waited until all interviews were completed and then reevaluated the waitlist candidates and offered open seats. Seems like a lot of people in previous years got in off the waitlist so I would stay positive!

Wow, I'm honestly so impressed at your investigative skills! Fingers crossed for both of us!

• Like 1