2020-2021 Application Cycle

4 minutes ago, Pa98173jd said:

What other information did they tell you?

I was also told that the seats were pretty much filled at the time so they were mostly just placing candidates on the waitlist, so I asked about how the waitlist worked (candidates picked randomly from the pool vs ranked) and got the answer. 

Edited by casss
spelling

4 minutes ago, casss said:

I was also told that the seats were pretty much filled at the time so they were mostly just placing candidates on the waitlist, so I asked about how the waitlist worked (candidates picked randomly from the pool vs ranked) and got the answer. 

The person I emailed did say the pool of applicants would be reassessed when they reconvene on the matter so I assume that’s when the ranking happens, I don’t think the final decision is random but it sounds like the pool as it is now has no real order. 

3 minutes ago, cheynya said:

The person I emailed did say the pool of applicants would be reassessed when they reconvene on the matter so I assume that’s when the ranking happens, I don’t think the final decision is random but it sounds like the pool as it is now has no real order. 

This makes sense. Thank you for the clarification. Best of luck, everyone!!

On 9/9/2020 at 4:26 PM, femeredith said:

Has anyone who got an invite on 8/19 and replied to the email still waiting to get assigned a date?

I'm still waiting for a response as well. Makes me a little nervous! I may call tomorrow if I can find a good number and make sure that my response was not mistaken for a withdrawal of my application, as some people had mentioned could be a possibility. I hate to bother them with these things, but I feel like I should make sure that wasn't the case?

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, CCamp said:

I'm still waiting for a response as well. Makes me a little nervous! I may call tomorrow if I can find a good number and make sure that my response was not mistaken for a withdrawal of my application, as some people had mentioned could be a possibility. I hate to bother them with these things, but I feel like I should make sure that wasn't the case?

I received an invite on 8/19 and did not respond to the email! I still am also waiting on a date if that makes you feel better.

• Like 1

For those of you who have not yet seized the opportunity, you should use sites like these to build connections, meet people, and network, in addition to learning more about programs and matriculant stats. There is nothing more rewarding and beneficial towards personal growth, both career wise and socially, than to meet people with similar interests, personality types, and aspirations in life.

Once, years ago, I met a girl on one of these types of threads who was also applying to MPH programs and we exchanged contact information and began to chat and keep each other updated about our respective application cycles to MPH programs. Now, 5 years and a masters degree later (we both ended up attending the same MPH program in the same class), we are very, very close friends and colleagues. It just goes to show you that some of these connections can be more fruitful than anticipated!

For anyone who wants to chat, please dm me and I'd love to talk all things PA (and even life)!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, glerner124 said:

I received an invite on 8/19 and did not respond to the email! I still am also waiting on a date if that makes you feel better.

Just to hopefully make everyone feel better! I also received an invite 8/19, and I didnt respond to the email, but I later emailed to follow up on when to hear back for scheduling and she said end of september! 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 9/13/2020 at 12:10 PM, hannahkoko said:

Just to hopefully make everyone feel better! I also received an invite 8/19, and I didnt respond to the email, but I later emailed to follow up on when to hear back for scheduling and she said end of september! 

That’s good to know! I also received an invite on 8/19 and hadn’t heard back yet. Should I still email them or wait till end of September?

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2020 at 8:07 PM, dwilson said:

I applied for the MPH dual program and they just asked me to write an additional essay for them. Did anyone else get that email? 

Yes I did I'm glad you asked. I submitted it last week. I was getting nervous since the responses sounded like most if not all the seats were filled!