2020-2021 Application Cycle

Hey guys! Arcadia is currently my #1 pick for PA school. Thought I would make up the new forum for this application cycle. Best of luck to everybody! 

My Timeline so far:

Submitted: 5/18/20

Verified: 5/19/20

Confirmation of Receipt: 6/8/20

Edited by AlexisA
Forgot to add my timeline!

6 minutes ago, SundayCandy said:

What's the "passport-sized photo ID" ? Is this asking for an actual ID or just a photo of myself?

I literally took a photo of just the photo on my passport. Lol not sure what they meant but haven’t heard back from them yet so not sure if that’s what they meant. 

5 hours ago, SundayCandy said:

What's the "passport-sized photo ID" ? Is this asking for an actual ID or just a photo of myself?

I spoke with one of the Graduate Programs Assistants and she said that the wording is misleading and to upload any head shot or picture of yourself.

From my correspondence:

"We do NOT require a photo for the application but you are the second person that has brought that to my attention.  Can you tell me where you read that on the CASPA website?  We need to get the wording changed; it was merely a suggestion and it is optional."

Followed by:

"One of the directors would like to try this out for this cycle.  So feel free to move forward with your application.  All you need is a photo.  Any photo will do, you can even take a picture with your phone.  You can upload the picture under Applicant Uploaded Documents."

I'll be sure to update everyone here if I get any more information

Edited by AndrewsOkay

52 minutes ago, AndrewsOkay said:

I spoke with one of the Graduate Programs Assistants and she said that the wording is misleading and to upload any head shot or picture of yourself.

From my correspondence:

"We do NOT require a photo for the application but you are the second person that has brought that to my attention.  Can you tell me where you read that on the CASPA website?  We need to get the wording changed; it was merely a suggestion and it is optional."

Followed by:

"One of the directors would like to try this out for this cycle.  So feel free to move forward with your application.  All you need is a photo.  Any photo will do, you can even take a picture with your phone.  You can upload the picture under Applicant Uploaded Documents."

Definitely wish I knew that before hand I have a few professional headshots that would’ve been better than a passport photo!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AndrewsOkay said:

From my correspondence:

Followed by:

Thank you!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Willlllllll said:

Definitely wish I knew that before hand I have a few professional headshots that would’ve been better than a passport photo!

I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds like this was an afterthought, and definitely won't play a role in being offered an interview or acceptance

1 hour ago, SundayCandy said:

Thank you!

Of course! Best of luck!

I

16 hours ago, SundayCandy said:

I went to CVS and literally got a passport photo taken! I said it was for a graduate school application, so I was able to smile and make it somewhat professional without paying an arm and a leg to have it done 🙂

Edited by AlexisA
  • Upvote 1

On 5/20/2020 at 10:19 PM, AndrewsOkay said:

From my correspondence:

Followed by:

Thank you so so much for sharing this - I had the same question and just uploaded a professional headshot hoping for the best. Thank you for the reassurance this gave!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SKO23 said:

Thank you so so much for sharing this - I had the same question and just uploaded a professional headshot hoping for the best. Thank you for the reassurance this gave!

Happy to help! You are all so well prepared, I just used the headshot they took for my job. Now you all have me feeling self conscious for not having one professionally done. Haha

12 hours ago, AndrewsOkay said:

Happy to help! You are all so well prepared, I just used the headshot they took for my job. Now you all have me feeling self conscious for not having one professionally done. Haha

whoops - I misspoke! I meant a headshot in professional attire - my sister took it for me in front of a white curtain a few days ago 😂

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, cmmartin2013 said:

It looks like last year people received confirmations already by this time. Obviously COVID is probably hampering some things, but has anyone heard anything confirming their app?

Nobody I've spoken with has received confirmation yet. I think it's safe to assume that the timeline's been delayed because of COVID. Arranging interviews under normal circumstances is a nightmare, I can't even imagine what this cycle has been like.

3 minutes ago, MFVC8 said:

Hey guys!  I see in their website it says that they preferred one of the LOC to come from a professor. Does anybody how important that is? I only have LOC from 2 PA and one MD. So I am not sure if I should apply because I don’t have one. 

I think it’s so someone can speak to your academic prowess but I’m not sure how important it is. I would try contacting them directly. 

1 hour ago, MFVC8 said:

Hey guys!  I see in their website it says that they preferred one of the LOC to come from a professor. Does anybody how important that is? I only have LOC from 2 PA and one MD. So I am not sure if I should apply because I don’t have one. 

Good question. I, personally, would say it's a good rule of thumb to have someone who can speak to your academic ability regardless.

But, I would reach out ans see if they're willing to make an exception, especially given the circumstances.