2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 9/13/2020 at 1:10 PM, hannahkoko said:

Just to hopefully make everyone feel better! I also received an invite 8/19, and I didnt respond to the email, but I later emailed to follow up on when to hear back for scheduling and she said end of september! 

Thank you so much for this update! And thanks to everyone else who responded as well! Definitely does ease the nerves a bit 🙂 Seriously, good luck to all of you. 

3 hours ago, Letshope1600 said:

I had my interview with Arcadia on 8/26 and was placed at the "top" of their waitlist 8/31. This is my first time applying to PA programs. Does anyone know my chances of actually getting a seat in the program. I applied to just the Masters in PA program.

Did they actually tell you you had a "top" spot on the waitlist? Only because many people on this forum seem to have heard that the waitlist is just an unranked pool of applicants that will be re-evaluated when (and if) people are pulled from the waitlist. Just wondering! 

1 hour ago, orchidlily12 said:

Did they actually tell you you had a "top" spot on the waitlist? Only because many people on this forum seem to have heard that the waitlist is just an unranked pool of applicants that will be re-evaluated when (and if) people are pulled from the waitlist. Just wondering! 

“we are offering you a top seat on our wait list for the Glenside campus”. This is the exact language used in the email.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 11:59 AM, AvianL said:

Update: I called and they said the application wouldn’t be immediately withdrawn but for good measure they gave me an email address to send an email saying that I was still interested.

The office is currently working on telling the interview committee about changing the wording because a lot of calls they got was about whether or not to reply to the email.

Who did you contact to ask about this? I've been calling a few numbers to try to ask about this for myself and haven't been able to reach anyone.

2 hours ago, SPoggi said:

Who did you contact to ask about this? I've been calling a few numbers to try to ask about this for myself and haven't been able to reach anyone.

I called the Glendside Campus (the campus I applied to) using the number on the website. You can also email the admissions office and they will tell you the same thing.

36 minutes ago, tarheel2019 said:

Is anybody who already committed to Arcadia or are currently considering committing to Arcadia willing to DM me to talk through their perspective on the program? Just want to get some more insight before paying my second security deposit. Thanks!

I would be interested in this as well! Here are a few of my general thoughts that made Arcadia really stick out to me: 

The ability to have three elective rotations is unbelievable, I interviewed at another program that only offered one elective. From the first open house I attended I really admired that the Arcadia mindset wasn't urging it's graduates to go into primary care. That's never personally been my desire (although I greatly admire the opportunity to build long-term relationships with patients and appreciate the social necessity for PCPs). Professor Wolf stated, generally, that she's witnessed the trend of graduate PAs pursuing more medical and surgical subspecialties and that she is in favor of it, especially as an Ortho surgery PA herself. I'm captivated by the ability to explore specialty areas of medicine like trauma surgery or perhaps interventional radiology during the multiple elective rotations to determine where I fit best. 

I love the global perspective. As the incoming class of 2023, we may even be able to take advantage of the international rotation if COVID has settled down by the time our clinical year rolls around. 

The campus is obviously beautiful, stunningly so. I love the camaraderie I've observed thus far between the current cohort, competing in the PA olympics, taking part in the Rocky Run, etc. 

My only reservation is that I'm not sure if I intend to practice in Pennsylvania and would be really interested in data that demonstrates what percentage of graduates were successful in finding employment out of state?  My biggest question for any current students or grads would be, is it a wise choice to attend an institution within an area I may not intend to work? I know that many PA students often receive job offers via their rotations, or through connections made during rotations. If I don't necessarily intend to practice in Pennsylvania (hypothetically, I truly don't know), would I be wasting an opportunity to build valuable connections elsewhere? 

These are just a few of my thoughts regarding the program, which I highly regard. Getting accepted to Arcadia University was honestly one of the best moments of my life and I'm honored to even be here discussing it with you amazing and talented individuals! 

• Like 7

After much thought, I have paid my second deposit for Arcadia and withdrawn from my other acceptances. I had the pleasure of visiting the campus this past weekend and it really cemented my decision. For those still debating, I made a Pro's and Con's list for each school. In the end, the Pro's for Arcadia University (for me at least) outnumbered the other schools 4:1. 

I am beyond excited to share a classroom with all of you talented individuals in 2021! Has anyone created an accepted students page or group yet?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, bk513 said:

Is anyone who was accepted willing to share their stats? They just sent me a follow-up email to schedule an interview and I’m super nervous.

Congratulations! I know this is probably something you don't want to hear but I think the absolute best thing you can do now is focus on your strengths and not other people's. Once you get an interview it's an even playing ground with you and others accepted for an interview, they want to see who you are, regardless of your stats. I didn't feel like I had the strongest stats, average at best, but I let that all go when I interviewed. I focused on my strengths and did my best to show them in the interview. My stats didn't even come up at all and I would recommend putting them out of your head and focusing on you. Are you passionate about global care, underserved communities, surgery, older populations, etc? How do you plan on making a difference, how will you be someone that their program can be proud of? 

I hope this helps you 🙂 This was my first interview ever and I really was nervous but I hyped myself up and approached the interview as confident as possible and something must've worked because I was accepted! 

If you're still wondering I had about a 3.5 sGPA, 3.65 overall, around 1500 PCE, maybe 100 volunteer 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sc215266 said:

After much thought, I have paid my second deposit for Arcadia and withdrawn from my other acceptances. I had the pleasure of visiting the campus this past weekend and it really cemented my decision. For those still debating, I made a Pro's and Con's list for each school. In the end, the Pro's for Arcadia University (for me at least) outnumbered the other schools 4:1. 

I am beyond excited to share a classroom with all of you talented individuals in 2021! Has anyone created an accepted students page or group yet?

Would you mind sharing your general pros and cons with me? 🙂 Also were you accepted to Glenside or Christiana? And I haven't seen a group or page yet!