2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

1 hour ago, FloridaFuturePA said:

No I know 😅 lol but I need a website to input my own grades so I can compare my different GPAS with CASPA

I think ThePAPlatform has a manual gpa checker.

https://www.thepaplatform.com/pa-school-gpa-calculator

I think they also have a service you can pay for, but I’m not positive.

@Krystalized used it I believe 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, emilymuff said:

I think ThePAPlatform has a manual gpa checker.

https://www.thepaplatform.com/pa-school-gpa-calculator

I think they also have a service you can pay for, but I’m not positive.

@Krystalized used it I believe 

1 hour ago, FloridaFuturePA said:

No I know 😅 lol but I need a website to input my own grades so I can compare my different GPAS with CASPA

I used the PA platform gpa checking service. I think it was $15-$20. And they send you a excel sheet. I sent all my transcripts and they sent me the gpa 2 days later. Mine was basically identical to my Caspa gpa was. Gave me piece of mind. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, nanairo said:

Apparently Yale is now waiting for supplemental fees to come in before completing the application review

I had wondered about that. I got an under review email on 5-22. Then I got an email on this past Friday that they received my payment and then I got another under review email 2 days ago. So now I’m not sure if I met the priority deadline or not. It’s all very confusing. 

I had wondered about that. I got an under review email on 5-22. Then I got an email on this past Friday that they received my payment and then I got another under review email 2 days ago. So now I’m not sure if I met the priority deadline or not. It’s all very confusing. 
Yeah I sent my app out 5/30 and just got the email about the fee missing like few mins ago so I have no idea if I made priority

5 minutes ago, nanairo said:
7 minutes ago, SNB123 said:

Yeah I sent my app out 5/30 and just got the email about the fee missing like few mins ago so I have no idea if I made priority

I was wondering this too. I submitted like 5/7 and CASPA officially fixed their errors and final verified on 5/19. But they didn’t get the supplemental fee until the first week of June. So did We not meet the priority deadline? 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SNB123 said:

I spoke with grace regarding the priority deadline and she told me that it needed to be submitted to them through CASPA by 6/1 and verified by 7/1... I assume that goes for the payment as well so you should all be ok.

• Like 4

On 6/11/2020 at 4:37 PM, Crschr said:

Hello everyone! Any updates on new interview invites? 

Hello, @Crschr . I have been under review since 5/19 as well like @olipajoli  and no decision or interview invite yet. I believe anyone before the 18th are the only ones who had invites thus far. On to week 4 of patiently 😆 waiting lol. I hope we hear something next week 🤞.   Also, I see there is a lot of mamas here too. Mom of two here.  

Edited by PAgoalgetter
  • Like 5

Guest mands

all the moms in this chat is making my heart so happy. like, look at all these strong females about to be in the upper percentage of most educated people! 

also, I got a call from yale yesterday saying that I needed to retake a prereq to get a higher grade to have a higher chance of consideration! SOOO here I am taking it online in like 4 days! :) it's a expedited course so it'll take me a month to do. So grateful for how they communicate. Most schools would have blatantly just kicked me. 

2 hours ago, mands said:

all the moms in this chat is making my heart so happy. like, look at all these strong females about to be in the upper percentage of most educated people! 

also, I got a call from yale yesterday saying that I needed to retake a prereq to get a higher grade to have a higher chance of consideration! SOOO here I am taking it online in like 4 days! 🙂 it's a expedited course so it'll take me a month to do. So grateful for how they communicate. Most schools would have blatantly just kicked me. 

I’m glad you found one you could take. What class is it?

10 hours ago, mands said:

also, I got a call from yale yesterday saying that I needed to retake a prereq to get a higher grade to have a higher chance of consideration! SOOO here I am taking it online in like 4 days! 🙂 it's a expedited course so it'll take me a month to do. So grateful for how they communicate. Most schools would have blatantly just kicked me. 

Omg that’s so great!!! I never would expect for a school to call a student personally for recommendations 😭 Goodluck in the class!! 💕 

Guest mands
10 hours ago, PaLiz2021 said:

right!! it's A&P I. I took it many years ago, didn't get an AMAZING grade because I took it in person with an awful teacher in summer session III (4 week class). However, I remediated my A&P II class and took a few pathophysiology classes with higher grades so it didn't really make it seem like I didn't get the concepts completely

@FloridaFuturePA I was pretty shocked too! thank you!!! 

10 hours ago, PaLiz2021 said:

13 hours ago, mands said:

Great! Which class and where? That sounds like an impressive opportunity! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DTHAI said:

I got rejected today! It's okay, it wasn't meant for me and something else will come for me. Good luck everyone on your journey; I hope it works out for everyone! 

I'm so sorry but stay hopeful! Rejections are just an extra opportunity for us to grow and learn! Keep working hard and you'll reach your goals ❤️

• Like 2

Guest mands
39 minutes ago, DTHAI said:

I got rejected today! It's okay, it wasn't meant for me and something else will come for me. Good luck everyone on your journey; I hope it works out for everyone! 

Proud of you for applying! Best of luck in your path to becoming a PA ❤️ 

Guest mands
52 minutes ago, Crschr said:

Great! Which class and where? That sounds like an impressive opportunity! 

It's A&P I at Uni of Vermont continuing education 🙂