2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

12 hours ago, gracechamberlin said:

Hey everyone! I have just declined my spot in the program. I got accepted to a school close to home that offers me in state tuition. This cohort and the program seem so amazing and supportive and I am bummed I won’t be apart if it but I hope this opens up a seat to someone else! You all are so deserving and I wish you all the best of luck and endless successes 🙂 

Best wishes to you as well. 

• Like 1

Guest ahearrell
53 minutes ago, Roswell413 said:

Did anyone that are on the waitlist hear anything since we have potentially a vacant spot lol? Being hopeful. 

Nothing yet. I wonder if they use a ranked system or if it is more like a pool of waitlisted applicants for which they deliberate about selection for the spot(s). Either way, I feel like the process could take a while.

3 hours ago, PAhopeful2021 said:

No one really knows what the process is or how long it may take. We just have to be patient and hope we don’t drive ourselves crazy in the mean time haha. I’m sure if someone from this thread gets called up they will post something.

Definitely driving myself crazy over here😆 Hopefully someone from the waitlist will have to opportunity to be part of this amazing program!

• Like 2

Ryan.

Amen brother.  That’s awesome - I admire your honesty - shout out to those of us that got this far - to be denied.   Hang in there.  No doubt the immense disappointment - utter shock.  To score an interview, for it to seemingly go remarkably well and not to even make it to the waitlist?  What gives ? Hopefully they can provide feedback to you. I  am sure you will pull up your boot straps and forge ahead.  When one window closes - another opens. This is especially true for a student on the path to being an awesome PA.   To everyone who was denied - don’t underestimate the importance of applying early in the cycle and the diversification of HC hours.  This would include underserved/community clinic as well as opportunities that COVID has provided.   For all those accepted this year, I wish you the very best.  For those denied this year, don’t forget the determination, grit, endless hours and super long days to get on the doorstep of being accepted into PA school.  Keep the faith.  Don’t ever give up.  If it’s meant to be (how can it not if you have come this far?) your time will come.  

• Like 4

I just wanted to say a huge congratulations on everyone who was accepted this cycle! I know each of you worked so hard to get where you are, and I wish you the best of luck in school and in your future as a PA! I have enjoyed checking this page (almost daily) since May and have met some wonderful people through this forum! For all of us sitting on the waitlist: I know it has been so stressful, emotional and nerve-wracking waiting months on a possible call. Don’t give up hope. Learn from your interviews and feedback everyone has given. They saw something special in us to offer us an interview. That’s huge! Keep pushing and working and come back even more equipped and confident next year! I will most definitely be applying to this phenomenal program next year and can only hope to be with a lot of you for the 2022 class. I’m sure I will see some of you on the next forum! Good luck everyone, and never, ever give up! 

Edited by Jennez
  • Like 3

Hi Everyone, 

I got the call this afternoon from Jane that I have been taken off of waitlist and offered a spot for the class of 2023. Very excited to join the wonderful people in this cohort. For those who were waitlisted and denied, I understand the feeling of waiting. I wish you all the best and best wishes. You have come along so far and you will be exactly where you are meant to be 🙂

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Roswell413 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I got the call this afternoon from Jane that I have been taken off of waitlist and offered a spot for the class of 2023. Very excited to join the wonderful people in this cohort. For those who were waitlisted and denied, I understand the feeling of waiting. I wish you all the best and best wishes. You have come along so far and you will be exactly where you are meant to be 🙂

Congratulations!! Random question lol but was it from a CT number or an unknown number? I’m trying to remain hopeful since I’m still waitlisted, do you know if the class is officially full yet? Thanks and all the best to you! 

• Like 1

Just now, Jessi2376 said:

Congratulations!! Random question lol but was it from a CT number or an unknown number? I’m trying to remain hopeful since I’m still waitlisted, do you know if the class is officially full yet? Thanks and all the best to you! 

Thank you. It was from 336 area code. I believe everyone got the call from same area code from Jane. I am not sure about the class being full yet. They didn't say anything about that. I understand how you must be feeling while waiting. But, best wishes!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Roswell413 said:

Thank you. It was from 336 area code. I believe everyone got the call from same area code from Jane. I am not sure about the class being full yet. They didn't say anything about that. I understand how you must be feeling while waiting. But, best wishes!!!

Thank you!! Best wishes to you as well ☺️

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

LOOKING FOR ADVICE ,

I have a zoom meeting to go over my application/caspa (which could have been much better) 

I have a much better understanding now. 

What questions should I ask? 

Any advice as this is my first impression  with a very import person to the program. 

How do I address my low GPA? Do I? 

Will she ask me questions? 

Thank you, everyone jas been great with responses ideas here 

Edited by Nomnia