2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

On 6/7/2020 at 12:13 PM, WBTKPK said:

I would also encourage you to rely on the information you get directly from admissions. They are good and communicative and genuinely want to help answer questions!

I totally get that we are all trying to interpret anything we can to get closer to the answers we are all waiting on.

But I just want to put this out there again as a reminder from a current Yale Online Student. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kikime06 said:

Hello! I don’t like to give away too much online, but I have already interviewed and am waiting on a final verdict. We are supposed to be notified this week so I’m keeping my fingers crossed! 

Well happy to meet you and whatever info you give lol. Good luck on getting some good news!!! My fingers are also crossed lol. 

Guest mands
1 hour ago, maddielyman said:

Even with the need for distractions from this process, I still refuse to deep clean or do chores, lol. But I have found other things that are more appealing to me that keep me busy. I've been taking an online Spanish medical course to brush up on my Spanish skills and learn some new medical terms. I was inspired by current events and remembered reading "So You Want to Talk About Race?" by Ijeoma Oluo a few months ago, so I ordered "Black Man In A White Coat" and "Black and Blue" by John Hoberman. They're both books about the history of treating black patients and problems that still exist today for black doctors and patients. I haven't read either because they just arrived today, but I HIGHLY recommend "So You Want to Talk About Race?" and would love any other book recommendations. They don't necessarily need to be about race in healthcare, but I am definitely open to any good books about other marginalized groups!

Me too! I am taking the medical spanish I, II, III course through canopy. It's hard because some days I really can't just buckle down and deal with the program. You can really only try to learn so much spanish before your brain starts hydroplaning, for me at least! 

57 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

What is this time frame based off of? On last years ONLINE cohorts post the first posted acceptance announcement was on Thursday May 23rd at 7:16pm CDT. Where is everyone getting these other numbers from? 

I saw it was Thursday and then the next round went out on a Tuesday but couldn’t make it lost the time. Thanks for finding this! 

• Like 1

Guest mands
3 minutes ago, Tiffb13 said:

I saw it was Thursday and then the next round went out on a Tuesday but couldn’t make it lost the time. Thanks for finding this! 

I wanna be in the same boat as you guys already!!! I feel the antsy-ness that you all talk about now. Can my fee PLEASE just get processed and email confirmation, so I can start waiting on an interview?!

Guest mands

This is kind of related, but kind of not, but I watched a documentary called "The True Cost" and it talks about fast fashion/food industry and how it causes unfair health conditions for 3rd world populations and in certain parts of the US! It has a bunch of other aspects, too, but it tells of how corporations will source their companies in a way that is most cost efficient, but the cheap chemicals/dyes/pesticides will cause disabilities and rare cancers in their workers. Moving forward i'm starting to refuse fast fashion. So, at white coat you guys might catch me in a thrifted piece if that's what ends up happening LOL!

Edited by mands

As far as shows, I Watched 13th on Netflix and just started Lenox Hill on Netflix as well. 13th is a movie and Lenox Hill is a series. One related to 13th amendment and prison system... the other a docu series of a real NY hospital. 

Hi to the new poeple. I'm still waiting to hear about an interview invite. All fees and applications were received in May the day after 1st round of interviews went out so I have been waiting patiently (not) for some weeks now lol. 

• Like 1

Yes definitely rely directly on admissions. I know they told me 2-3 weeks after interviews which would be this week. After going through last years online forum I realized their application process opened earlier so some had interviews in late May but another said they made calls the 13-15 of June also. Definitely different variables this year, but I just wanted to browse around and see what happened last year 🙂Just a speculation and comparison to last year, not at all saying that’s when our would be, but hoping sooooon!!!! 
Meanwhile, I’m reading Anxious for Nothing by Max Lucado and my amazon cart currently has a stress ball, pooper scooper, yoga pants, toothpaste, floss, and a drink tumbler, lol. I’m constantly adding and deleting to stay busy, just haven’t clicked “checkout” yet 😝

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sarahjane said:

Received an E-mail with a reminder to complete the post-interview survey. Knowing they send out rejections through E-mail my heart dropped when I first received it from them. Thanks for all the info, updates, and encouragement on this forum! 

Yes, I got this email too early this afternoon. My heart about dropped out of my chest. 😱

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hi @Kikime06!!! We're happy to encourage whatever you're willing to share. This process is difficult and brutal and can make you a bit close-handed.....totally get it! 🙂

Also Hi to @Sarahjane!!! Congrats on the interview, welcome to the waiting room 🙂

As far as books, I can highly recommend "Llama Llama Mad at Mama" and "The Two Bad Ants." as my personal favs at the moment to read 😂

But in all seriousness, if you're wanting books for the littles, "Sea Prayer" and " Ah Mu Weaves a Story" talks about Refugees and can be a good bridge to talking about different people's life experiences at age-appropriate levels. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kikime06 said:

Anyone else get the call yet? Is there a Facebook group for people who have been accepted?

Not yet, sister! I’m hoping and praying since I saw your post! I’m so excited for you! I can’t imagine how over the moon you are feeling right now!!! Hey wonder how many they called tonight and if they will continue acceptance calls tomorrow? Wonder how many they are accepting this round of calls? All the questions going through my head right now! 

• Like 4

Guest mands
49 minutes ago, Kikime06 said:

I JUST GOT A CALL!!! ACCEPTED!!!!!!!

WILL YOU TAKE IT!!! CONGRATS!

(anxiousness to get an interview is intensifying!! guys it's real now!!!!)

Edited by mands