2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

2 hours ago, DTHAI said:

I got rejected today! It's okay, it wasn't meant for me and something else will come for me. Good luck everyone on your journey; I hope it works out for everyone! 

So sorry 😞 Next year!

When did you submit? And did they give you an opportunity to improve by relaying any weakness or deficiencies to you directly? Best of luck!

2 hours ago, DTHAI said:

I got rejected today! It's okay, it wasn't meant for me and something else will come for me. Good luck everyone on your journey; I hope it works out for everyone! 

2 hours ago, osperez said:

Got rejected today as well. Wishing everyone luck this cycle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so sorry to hear this happened to you. Applying for PA is such an amazing and difficult thing to even do so congrats on doing it. You are already so much farther ahead of so many people. As I have said before I know many successful, amazing PAs that received rejections. Hell at any second I could also be get one. it is humbling. I’ll tell you what I would want someone to say to me: You deserve to be a PA and you WILL be. Stay with this. Do whatever you have to do to come back stronger and to keep coming back. And reach out! Just because it didn’t work out right now does not mean any of us can’t/won’t help you with anything you need! I, myself, am an amazing hypeman! If you need to be hyped and pumped up to do something let me know! @emilymuffknows things about the Yale program that I couldn’t find anywhere on the website (I think she is a info ninja) so DM her and I bet she would help! @CLBluebonnethas amazing words of encouragement and a way with her writing style that is Truly special. @Tiffb13has an amazing understanding of how to completely change your job field and apply to pa school successfully! @Abhowe89 @PAFarhat2B @PAgoalgetterThese are just a FEW of the inspirational people on this forum. I cannot name everyone on this forum that I have truly been inspired by because this post would go on forever (with all the single/married parents and devoted and motivated applicants) but if you see one of them like I do Reach Out! This forum is truly wanting to help! 
good luck!!!

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Hi @PaLiz2021! I've got 3 kids too: 5 (who thinks he knows all about life) 12 (almost 13!!) and 18 (off to college) - totally meant to send this last night and I guess I just fell asleep.....

@DTHAI and @osperez keep going for your goal! We're all here to help each other and be future colleagues together. Please reach out; if I can help another applicant I will! It's hard to feel like you're more than your stats, but each of us has something unique to bring to the table. This is my 3rd cycle and I know that rejection isn't fun, would it help to think of it as an "not yet" or "not right now" and less of a final "nope!"   ❤️ 

• Like 5

Thank you all! This is technically my third cycle applying. Got waitlisted at another program last cycle. I am hoping to get in, but have started applying to programs this cycle just in case! Positive vibes are much appreciated for my acceptance to the one I’m waitlisted at!

Good luck to everyone else, and thank you all for the support. This forum has 1) given me anxiety when I see people getting calls for interviews and I haven’t heard anything back and 2) some great people to talk to and be comforted by (and comfort others too).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I also received a rejection earlier today. It was devastating to see this at work since this is one of my top programs but I kept my composure 😅 I wish everyone good luck in this cycle. You will all become a PA wether you graduate from Yale or another school. YOU ALL GOT THIS. Thank you so much for all the supportive comments, you guys are truly the best💕

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, FloridaFuturePA said:

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I also received a rejection earlier today. It was devastating to see this at work since this is one of my top programs but I kept my composure 😅 I wish everyone good luck in this cycle. You will all become a PA wether you graduate from Yale or another school. YOU ALL GOT THIS. Thank you so much for all the supportive comments, you guys are truly the best💕

Ugh I’m so sorry. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do!!!

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 2:20 PM, tommyk said:

I spoke with grace regarding the priority deadline and she told me that it needed to be submitted to them through CASPA by 6/1 and verified by 7/1... I assume that goes for the payment as well so you should all be ok.

Thanks for posting this! I received the under review email after my payment had been processed and was worried I had sent it in too late. 

I am sorry to hear some were rejected today. I second what @Krystalized said. Making it to this point is a big step. It takes many years to do so for some. Although it is my first time applying, I am in my 30s, and it took some closed doors in other areas along the way to make it to the point were I could apply. Also, remember, other doors open when some close, if you turn the knob! Keep your heads up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FloridaFuturePA said:

Hi everyone,

Yes, such a good attitude to have!! The program you get into will be lucky to have you!! Good luck on the rest of your application cycle!

• Like 1

Guest mands

I ran out of reactions for the day to show my support to everyone 😞 Honestly, today seemed like a "bad day" for a lot of us on this forum, but wow how inspirational you guys are. The fact that Yale seems to be moving forward so quick with decisions in such a short span of time, like @Krystalized says, is humbling. Some of you guys were in this for as long as when the forum opened, i'm looking at you @FloridaFuturePA !!! This process really does feel like reality TV sometimes because we won't know where you guys end up, but i'll comfort myself in the fact that at some point, we'll ALL be practicing PAs! 

3 hours ago, mands said:

I ran out of reactions for the day to show my support to everyone 😞 Honestly, today seemed like a "bad day" for a lot of us on this forum, but wow how inspirational you guys are. The fact that Yale seems to be moving forward so quick with decisions in such a short span of time, like @Krystalized says, is humbling. Some of you guys were in this for as long as when the forum opened, i'm looking at you @FloridaFuturePA !!! This process really does feel like reality TV sometimes because we won't know where you guys end up, but i'll comfort myself in the fact that at some point, we'll ALL be practicing PAs! 

I agree word for word. I know resilience is vital to success in all endeavors. I hope and wish all the best for everyone. I’m still waiting for CASPA to verify my application. 2 weeks yesterday since I submitted. I’ve reached out to them and they don’t really have a solid answer. 

Did anyone receive acceptances? If you’d rather not comment, and don’t mind messaging me, I’d love to know. 

good luck to all of you. 

Edited by PaLiz2021
  • Like 1

I saw this on my cousins Facebook page and immediately thought of our group here. Applying is brutal, waiting is grueling - there's SO much self-doubt and imposter syndrome in this process. People that work hard, study hard, and want this with EVERY fiber in their being get rejected for unknown reasons. We're all in this together! 

I wanted to just share my gratitude for all of you. This forum is so supportive and encouraging - I love how we all want each other to succeed. I'm just gonna leave this thought here in case anyone is feeling that they aren't as ____________ as someone else. We're all going to be PA's someday and I look forward to when we can call each other colleagues ❤️ 

103960482_3577409268953691_4658780424971577833_n.jpg

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CLBluebonnet said:

I saw this on my cousins Facebook page and immediately thought of our group here. Applying is brutal, waiting is grueling - there's SO much self-doubt and imposter syndrome in this process. People that work hard, study hard, and want this with EVERY fiber in their being get rejected for unknown reasons. We're all in this together! 

I wanted to just share my gratitude for all of you. This forum is so supportive and encouraging - I love how we all want each other to succeed. I'm just gonna leave this thought here in case anyone is feeling that they aren't as ____________ as someone else. We're all going to be PA's someday and I look forward to when we can call each other colleagues ❤️ 

103960482_3577409268953691_4658780424971577833_n.jpg

Thank you for sharing that, Chelsea 🙂
I agree with what you said. It is crazy how quickly you can go from being very confident to doubting yourself but then back to confidence haha. We work so hard and long to get to this place, but then it can be over in one email. The process is definitely tough, but still really exciting to be a part of. 

Edited by emilymuff
  • Like 3

Prayers going up tonight for everyone waiting to hear back this week! I know this is an important week for so many of us. I’m hoping we will all get some amazing news! I should be asleep but I cannot  quit thinking about it! Nervous, excited, hopeful... all the emotions!! Hope you all have a great week!! 

• Like 2