2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

Guest mands
Just now, PaLiz2021 said:

Oh no!  What is the final project??

It's like a gigantic poster, and it's due in parts every week (like, dark cycle one day...another cycle another day)! you had to draw out this huge mechanism and then there's a final video to explain all that is happening! 

Guest mands
6 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

Oh wow. Intense 😕 

Lmk when you get to that point if you need help! I have all my files saved because I like to have something to show for completing the class 🙂 literally i have all the homework, quizzes, tests, project, etc. from that class because i like to look at them on my drive LOL 

6 minutes ago, mands said:

Lmk when you get to that point if you need help! I have all my files saved because I like to have something to show for completing the class 🙂 literally i have all the homework, quizzes, tests, project, etc. from that class because i like to look at them on my drive LOL 

Lol I do that too! When I took OChem with Doane I saved everything because it was so hard and I was scared I’d lose something lol. Glad to know there are others who feel mine and @PaLiz2021 pain! 

17 minutes ago, Abhowe89 said:

I took it there too!

I took Biochem, General Chemistry l and ll at Doane. It was pretty awesome. Dr. Beio and Capps were pretty good. I just find it odd doing the experiments in videos but I overcame the shyness LOL.

Edited by iyo1789
  • Like 1

Hi @PaLiz2021! I've got 3 kids too: 5 (who thinks he knows all about life) 12 (almost 13!!) and 18 (off to college - hers was a drive-through graduation, what was yours' like?)

Happy (almost) birthday @glasseden!!! I have my fingers crossed for all of us. It's a journey to even get here.

Hang in there @mands! Waiting is tough 🙂  It might take a little longer now that more people are sending in applications. There's no "set" time between anything happening. Sending applications kind of feels like they're in a black hole, doesn't it? Yale is very good about communicating. Keep those fingers crossed! 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, iyo1789 said:

I took Biochem, General Chemistry l and ll at Doane. It was pretty awesome. Dr. Beio and Capps were pretty good. I just find it odd doing the experiments in videos but I overcame the shyness LOL.

Lol The video thing is definitely different also trying to get used to having to record myself. 

9 minutes ago, kkruyle said:

I'm taking biochemistry right now too through Doane Got nervous because blackboard locked me out last night and this morning, but all is well now! 🙂

I also have been having a bit of trouble. My week 3 stuff is off and on! Sometimes it shows up but I have to wait foreverrrr for it to load! 

I love Doane. I am in CHEMII and BIO II through them and really appreciate their presentation of the material in such a clear format! @kkruyle I also got locked out for a little while last night! I thought it was just my system 🙂 I would def. recommend their genetics course if anyone is planning on taking that course in the future. 

I have found that taking additional courses has been a great way for me to stay busy during the waiting time to hear back about interviews. Based on the forum it seems like a new round of interview invites should be going out shortly! Super 'nervcited'!

@glasseden Happy Birthday!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ScullyAMA said:

I downloaded my verified apps and gave it a detailed once over. Lo and behold, I found that (huge) error. 

Can you link me the website you used to double check? You got me worried lol Also did anyone else resume uploaded into a weird format when they submitted their application. Mine did, idk why, it’s perfect when I open it in my computer 😭😭

15 minutes ago, FloridaFuturePA said:

Can you link me the website you used to double check? You got me worried lol Also did anyone else resume uploaded into a weird format when they submitted their application. Mine did, idk why, it’s perfect when I open it in my computer 😭😭

If you go to CASPA and click the STATUS tab at the top. Scroll down to the list of your schools. Next to each one there should be a link to download each school's application that you have submitted. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, PaLiz2021 said:

Thank you!  It is hard to wait. I live in Utah, So far I’ve only applied to Yale. I’m taking one online class now, and work full-time nights at a hospital. I have 4 daughters 18, (graduated during Covid), 14 (just made the drill team and has practice every morning at 5am) 11 (summer school) and a wild 6 year old who thinks she owns the house and neighborhood. 😊

I have been married for 20 years this month. I’m a non-traditional student to a “T.”  

I tend to stay busy, but those quiet moments are when I start to semi-panic. I just want to at least get an interview. ❤️

I love this group and all the support and encouragement!

I am in Utah, also! And I have three daughters similar in age to your oldest three! Good luck with everything! Did you apply to any of the Utah schools?