2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

12 hours ago, ScullyAMA said:

Just a heads up to everyone, I had to go back and contact CASPA because they incorrectly assigned year groups where they didn't belong, thus my year GPAs were way off (e.g. added too many classes to junior year, when they should have been fresh & soph). Double & triple check your apps! It had to ger reverified, which I'm sure sets me back. Good luck all!

Was this for the automatic transcript entry that you pay caspa to do?

Good Morning. Hope all is well. After all the worries Yale office called and said that I am for interview. They are just waiting for my supplemental fee. Hopefully I would be able to do that anytime sooner. I am just staying positive as much as I could. The waiting part is really agonizing. Hang in there all. Good luck to all of us.

Edited by iyo1789

41 minutes ago, sctt0525 said:

Hey guys,

After submitting your CASPA and mailing in the supplemental fee, approx. how long did it take before a response that your app is under review?

Hi! Good morning and welcome! Mine went under review about two hours after CASPA verification which was Friday the 15. However, I was in the first group of submissions so there were less apps to sift through. I mailed my supplemental fee the Monday the 11th. I received notification that they received my supplemental fee the following Monday. HTH 

16 minutes ago, iyo1789 said:

Good Morning. Hope all is well. After all the worries Yale office called and said that I am for interview. They are just waiting for my supplemental fee. Hopefully I would be able to do that anytime sooner. I am just staying positive as much as I could. The waiting part is really agonizing. Our fear cuts deeper than the sword. Hang in there all. Good luck to all of us.

You are Under Review or got offered an Interview? 
I’m sure your supplemental will show up soon! Congrats!!!! Way to go staying positive. I am doing the same! Good luck to you too!!!!

10 hours ago, Tiffb13 said:

Oh my goodness you are still so early! I know a girl who applied in August interviewed in October and was accepted. Congrats on the being on a waitlist! 

Tiffb, what is the first name of the girl you are referring to?  She would be in my class.  My course was the same was the same as hers.  Applied in August, interviewed in October and was accepted.

20 minutes ago, sctt0525 said:

@Krystalized Thank you for your response.  I think you are right that they are going through alot of apps now. Wish I did not miss the priority deadline :(. So will they email you that everything has been received and is under review?

Yes! I got an email saying it was received and under review. Some others got an email and a call. But the email for sure. Despite missing the priority deadline you are still super early to the game. You will be fine!!!! Excited for you! 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, CLBluebonnet said:

Welcome @mands ! Congrats on making the waitlist for PA school; applying is rough and any forward progress is progress. I agree with what SO many others have said on here. You're not too late! For me, I'm in Oklahoma for family reasons. Online works great for that situation, but also for how I think and want to study. I'm excited for the CEED; how great is it that we can start being in a clinic that early? 

I've accidentally been to IL, driving back from KY with my then 3-year-old I guess I put Springfield, IL instead of Springfield, MO in the GPS. I was distracted because he was fussing in the car and I remember thinking "OH SNAP!" when I saw the sign "Welcome to IN" Anyway, I wasn't in IL very long, but it's still a funny story 🙂

That's the long version of saying "hi!"

🤣

1 hour ago, PaLiz2021 said:

I submitted to CASPA on May 29th and I’m still waiting for verification. I’m dying. 

They say it can take two weeks for Caspa to verify you! Waiting any amount of time seems like forever. Soon you will post that you are verified and then the wait for the under review email starts then the wait for the interview then the wait for the acceptance decision lol. We are all in the waiting game lol. It is the worst! Hang in there and reach out when you need a distraction! Tell us where you are and what you do or like to do! Hopefully the forum can help pass the time until we are all classmates! 

59 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

They say it can take two weeks for Caspa to verify you! Waiting any amount of time seems like forever. Soon you will post that you are verified and then the wait for the under review email starts then the wait for the interview then the wait for the acceptance decision lol. We are all in the waiting game lol. It is the worst! Hang in there and reach out when you need a distraction! Tell us where you are and what you do or like to do! Hopefully the forum can help pass the time until we are all classmates! 

Thank you!  It is hard to wait. I live in Utah, So far I’ve only applied to Yale. I’m taking one online class now, and work full-time nights at a hospital. I have 4 daughters 18, (graduated during Covid), 14 (just made the drill team and has practice every morning at 5am) 11 (summer school) and a wild 6 year old who thinks she owns the house and neighborhood. 😊

I have been married for 20 years this month. I’m a non-traditional student to a “T.”  

I tend to stay busy, but those quiet moments are when I start to semi-panic. I just want to at least get an interview. ❤️

I love this group and all the support and encouragement!

• Like 4

Hey everyone! I was verified on May 26, but due to a supplemental fee mishap, I didn't receive my under review email until June 9. I still hope I'm included in the next round of interviews!

I'm currently living in a suburb of Chicago and working as a med tech and CNA on nights! I turn 23 tomorrow on the 11th, and really all I want is an interview invite 😂🤞😁

Guest mands

Verified this morning around 2am! I was shocked, but also nothing really changed from my last cycle so it was a matter of them clicking "redo", i'm sure. I need to actually get a money order check since I totally glazed over that bit on the application! Darn it, i'm sure I gotta wait even longer now for my applicaiton to process since I don't have this in! 

59 minutes ago, PaLiz2021 said:

Thank you!  It is hard to wait. I live in Utah, So far I’ve only applied to Yale. I’m taking one online class now, and work full-time nights at a hospital. I have 4 daughters 18, (graduated during Covid), 14 (just made the drill team and has practice every morning at 5am) 11 (summer school) and a wild 6 year old who thinks she owns the house and neighborhood. 😊

I have been married for 20 years this month. I’m a non-traditional student to a “T.”  

I tend to stay busy, but those quiet moments are when I start to semi-panic. I just want to at least get an interview. ❤️

I love this group and all the support and encouragement!

It’s crazy how many of us have so much in common! I have three kids my youngest is also 6. Boy. And he thinks he runs the world too ( I agree most days lol). I also work full time nights in the hospital and am in an online biochem class right now! You would think with how busy we are there would be no room for worry but We make sure there is space for that! 🤣 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mands said:

Verified this morning around 2am! I was shocked, but also nothing really changed from my last cycle so it was a matter of them clicking "redo", i'm sure. I need to actually get a money order check since I totally glazed over that bit on the application! Darn it, i'm sure I gotta wait even longer now for my applicaiton to process since I don't have this in! 

They have said that they will not be waiting for confirmation for the supplemental application fee to review your application. So, I would not worry about that!

I was able to get a money order at my local post office - I did not know they did that!

15 minutes ago, glasseden said:

Hey everyone! I was verified on May 26, but due to a supplemental fee mishap, I didn't receive my under review email until June 9. I still hope I'm included in the next round of interviews!

I'm currently living in a suburb of Chicago and working as a med tech and CNA on nights! I turn 23 tomorrow on the 11th, and really all I want is an interview invite 😂🤞😁

Happy early birthday 🎂 wishing you luck!!!!

Guest mands
1 minute ago, olipajoli said:

They have said that they will not be waiting for confirmation for the supplemental application fee to review your application. So, I would not worry about that!

I was able to get a money order at my local post office - I did not know they did that!

Great info! Thank you! I averaged how many days it took for all of you guys to get verified and then get interviewed (look how crazy waiting a day has made me ) and it seems to have been less than a week for most. Yay! All I can say is, EXCITED! 

35 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

It’s crazy how many of us have so much in common! I have three kids my youngest is also 6. Boy. And he thinks he runs the world too ( I agree most days lol). I also work full time nights in the hospital and am in an online biochem class right now! You would think with how busy we are there would be no room for worry but We make sure there is space for that! 🤣 

Where are you taking biochem?  

Guest mands
1 minute ago, Krystalized said:

Doane I’m on week 3 right now. What are you taking and where?

My friend is taking biochem at doane right now! and I took it there too! The final project KILLED me !!!