2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

1 hour ago, anthrobiologist said:

https://paonline.yale.edu/admissions/class-profile/

The link above provides a basic overview of the online class composition, while the link below shows the traditional class breakdown. I have been unable to find a specific outline for applications/interviews/acceptance rate for the online cohort.

https://medicine.yale.edu/pa/admissions/statistics/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those were the only stats I found, as well. Thank you for posting!!

7 hours ago, FloridaFuturePA said:

For those of you who already received interviews, how long did it take for them to email you to interview? Im already feeling so discourage 😞 and after reading those statistics, well it made matters worse 😕

Don't be discouraged! Those who have gotten interview invites got their (completed) application submitted earlier than everyone else. So they were a part of the first week of interviews, today being the last day of that week. Nobody else has gotten an invite except those from this first round. People have gotten rejections, however, so while the waiting is hard, don't give up yet! 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, FloridaFuturePA said:

For those of you who already received interviews, how long did it take for them to email you to interview? Im already feeling so discourage 😞 and after reading those statistics, well it made matters worse 😕

I feel you. The waiting part is very nerve wracking. I was reading through posts some were accepted and offered interviews quicker. Will just probably wait. Just don't think about statistics. This forum is quite different from others because they truly encourage you.

• Like 1

Guest PA4day
2 hours ago, emilymuff said:

Don't be discouraged! Those who have gotten interview invites got their (completed) application submitted earlier than everyone else. So they were a part of the first week of interviews, today being the last day of that week. Nobody else has gotten an invite except those from this first round. People have gotten rejections, however, so while the waiting is hard, don't give up yet! 

Thanks! I needed to hear this! 😊

11 hours ago, FloridaFuturePA said:

Don’t be discouraged at all! Only one round of interview invites has gone out and there will be many more going out. I would guess the next round will go out in the next week or two! 

Does anyone know from last years thread how long after interviews the acceptance, waitlist, or denial notifications went out? I was told 1-2 weeks by admissions but then an interviewer told my sister 2-3 weeks. Neither of my interviewers mentioned anything about timeline and I am trying to set my expectations 😂. I nearly have a heart attack every time my phone rings or I get an email!

11 hours ago, emilymuff said:

how do you know that people have gotten rejections?

On 6/4/2020 at 5:56 PM, Krystalized said:

Hmmm 69? I was under the impression that they had 59 last year. From what was discussed in the information webinars they have 60 seats for this cohort and it was said they didn’t fill all seats last year either. Idk!  

Copied from: https://paonline.yale.edu/admissions/class-profile/

The Yale PA Online Program enrolls students from diverse locations across the United States and from a variety of careers and backgrounds to become the primary care providers our nation needs. Our first cohort, a class of 41 students from 11 states, began classes January 2018. Our second cohort, a class of 59 students from 24 states, began classes January 2019. Our third cohort, a class of 69 students from 32 states, began classes January 2020.

10 minutes ago, Crschr said:

Copied from: https://paonline.yale.edu/admissions/class-profile/

The Yale PA Online Program enrolls students from diverse locations across the United States and from a variety of careers and backgrounds to become the primary care providers our nation needs. Our first cohort, a class of 41 students from 11 states, began classes January 2018. Our second cohort, a class of 59 students from 24 states, began classes January 2019. Our third cohort, a class of 69 students from 32 states, began classes January 2020.

Oh! 59 In the second class not the 3rd! Thanks for finding this. I misread. It will be interesting to see how many they take this cohort! How exciting this time is for all of us!!!! 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 6:10 PM, emilymuff said:

There has been one individual who shared that with us a while ago. 
It is on this forum somewhere. 

That was someone who wasn't offered an interview, not rejected after receiving an interview.

Edited by rainbowbright

27 minutes ago, aattaway36 said:

That was someone who wasn't offered and interview, not rejected after receiving an interview. 

You are correct. However, the original post didn’t ask about rejection after interview.
I was responding to somebody who was getting discouraged about not receiving an interview invite at all. 

Edited by emilymuff
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 8:18 PM, emilymuff said:

You are correct. However, the original post didn’t ask about rejection after interview.
I was responding to somebody who was getting discouraged about not receiving an interview invite at all. 

Oh ok, I was curious about the rejections post interview. I think they still have are interviewing next week.

Edited by rainbowbright
  • Like 1

In all of their webinars Yale admissions has said they are only admitting 60 students, so I am curious about what will end up happening... 156 looks like that would be a big jump but it would definitely be nice to know there are that many spots available!

Also, I did some digging last night and it looks like acceptances and denials went out right around 2 weeks and then right around 3 weeks after the first round of interviews. So back to patiently waiting I go 😂.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tiffb13 said:

In all of their webinars Yale admissions has said they are only admitting 60 students, so I am curious about what will end up happening... 156 looks like that would be a big jump but it would definitely be nice to know there are that many spots available!

Also, I did some digging last night and it looks like acceptances and denials went out right around 2 weeks and then right around 3 weeks after the first round of interviews. So back to patiently waiting I go 😂.

That is quite a leap! I read up on it last night also lol and agree with you. Makes sense for it to be in two weeks. I’m hopeful for all of us! 🤞🏼

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1