2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

21 minutes ago, Janieg78 said:

I’ve been channeling my stress into my brother-in-laws wedding planning emoji51.png I don’t think my new sister-in-law was too bummed to have miss type A buzzing around. Even managed to make the cake and stuff emoji16.png I’ve really enjoyed all your coping mechanisms!!! 913da549e68f6b3676ad567b962b1721.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is amazing!!!!! All my Pinterest crafts have been major fails! I’m not crafty/artistic at all 😭😭

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Abhowe89 said:

I've been over here eatting my carbs to clam my nerves 🙄 bahahaha. Just gotta love throwing a bridal shower and having all the junk food available. Ive been looking at the ipad pro myself. I have a tablet with notability but I'm not to excited about the app or either the stylus makes it  difficult for me to like it. I might need to watch a video because I'm a see one do one person.

Snapchat-386010465.jpg

So jealous!! Love me some carbs!! 😂😂🐷🐷

• Like 1

Guest mands
58 minutes ago, Abhowe89 said:

I've been over here eatting my carbs to clam my nerves 🙄 bahahaha. Just gotta love throwing a bridal shower and having all the junk food available. Ive been looking at the ipad pro myself. I have a tablet with notability but I'm not to excited about the app or either the stylus makes it  difficult for me to like it. I might need to watch a video because I'm a see one do one person.

Snapchat-386010465.jpg

wow your house makes my place look like a shack!! how stunning! Suddenly i'm agitated at 10pm because I don't have some donut holes on a stick LOL! 

wow that wedding set up @janieg78. how genius to have a mini cake for the bride and groom. Then, have cupcakes for everyone else. Saves time cutting it into pieces and playing the "who wants the biggest slice, don't be shy" game!!! 

Both these setups are amazing!!!! 

I love looking at different party setup and designs! The turquoise and blush color are so unique and perfect for this weather! Would love for a party----in Maryland we are still pretty strict (or trying to be) on the social distancing. 

Who else is drooling after seeing these pictures of bagels, donuts, cupcakes and cookies!?!? 🙂

• Like 1

Guest mands
2 hours ago, ScullyAMA said:

@Abhowe89 @Janieg78  I need to step it up!

I just got an email that said they received my check! Oh gosh....🤪

I haven’t even gotten that email yet.... ☠️ time to go psycho!!!!! 

Guest mands
1 minute ago, AH4321 said:

I haven't either.  When did you submit and verify all of your materials? 

1 minute ago, AH4321 said:

I haven't either.  When did you submit and verify all of your materials? 

-submitted my app on 6/9

-verified on 6/10

-got a call from yale about stuff on 6/10

-gave him all the transcripts (in progress courses) i needed for my file on 6/11 

-got a yale email that application fee was not recieved on 6/11

-sent out my fee on 6/11 (expedited 1 day shipping, but the tracking # won't update so I don't know if it got there..was supposed to get there yesterday at *latest*)

-got a personal email from the yale admissions counselor I have been working with that my whole application is finalized from them processing my required transcripts (no mention of the fee) on 6/15

27 minutes ago, Jlnisbett said:

I'm not liking the sound of these crickets!! lol ahhhh!!! I was almost afraid to check this site! I know we are all on pins and needles! Hang in there, everyone! We may be waiting till next week!!😂😪

Haha me too! Does anyone know from past years what time of day phone calls went out? 

10 minutes ago, mands said:

-submitted my app on 6/9

-verified on 6/10

-got a call from yale about stuff on 6/10

-gave him all the transcripts (in progress courses) i needed for my file on 6/11 

-got a yale email that application fee was not recieved on 6/11

-sent out my fee on 6/11 (expedited 1 day shipping, but the tracking # won't update so I don't know if it got there..was supposed to get there yesterday at *latest*)

-got a personal email from the yale admissions counselor I have been working with that my whole application is finalized from them processing my required transcripts (no mention of the fee) on 6/15

Ok.  I sent mine on 6/9 also and was verified 6/11.  I sent my fee and it arrived there 6/13.  I haven't received any email regarding my app or fee yet. 😬

Guest mands
3 minutes ago, AH4321 said:

Ok.  I sent mine on 6/9 also and was verified 6/11.  I sent my fee and it arrived there 6/13.  I haven't received any email regarding my app or fee yet. 😬

Okay, update, I am so mad at the post office (lol, not really, but sort of). I paid like $25 to send my fee through the 1 day shipping so it would get there friday. I sent it last thursday and it just got there TODAY at 11:15am. Wow, so much for paying $25 when i could have paid the 4 day option for like $3 haha. So, let's just say I just started the waiting boat! 

Even with the need for distractions from this process, I still refuse to deep clean or do chores, lol. But I have found other things that are more appealing to me that keep me busy. I've been taking an online Spanish medical course to brush up on my Spanish skills and learn some new medical terms. I was inspired by current events and remembered reading "So You Want to Talk About Race?" by Ijeoma Oluo a few months ago, so I ordered "Black Man In A White Coat" and "Black and Blue" by John Hoberman. They're both books about the history of treating black patients and problems that still exist today for black doctors and patients. I haven't read either because they just arrived today, but I HIGHLY recommend "So You Want to Talk About Race?" and would love any other book recommendations. They don't necessarily need to be about race in healthcare, but I am definitely open to any good books about other marginalized groups!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

What is this time frame based off of? On last years ONLINE cohorts post the first posted acceptance announcement was on Thursday May 23rd at 7:16pm CDT. Where is everyone getting these other numbers from? 

I must have misread then. I went to what I thought was the first acceptance on the online forum. It was in June though. Some girl posted around 10:30 Or earlier (based on someone’s response to her) and then the last one for acceptance calls on June 11th was 1:45 I think? 

I didn’t see the May acceptance calls but I like that 7 pm timeframe! It gives me hope. Lol

Edited by Kikime06
  • Like 2

@PAgoalgetter  @olipajoli  Thanks so much, I just added those to my list! I took Spanish for several years in high school and for four years in college. I'm doing the online self-paced tutorial for Spanish For Medical Professionals through Brookdale Community College. It's a very beginner friendly course and should probably find a more advanced one, but because I never took a Spanish medical terminology/healthcare specific class, I have learned some new things. I probably should be better at speaking Spanish than I am, but even if I still have to get an interpreter, I want to at least show patients I understand them and have taken the time to better familiarize myself with their different customs, beliefs, struggles, etc.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, maddielyman said:

Even with the need for distractions from this process, I still refuse to deep clean or do chores, lol. But I have found other things that are more appealing to me that keep me busy. I've been taking an online Spanish medical course to brush up on my Spanish skills and learn some new medical terms. I was inspired by current events and remembered reading "So You Want to Talk About Race?" by Ijeoma Oluo a few months ago, so I ordered "Black Man In A White Coat" and "Black and Blue" by John Hoberman. They're both books about the history of treating black patients and problems that still exist today for black doctors and patients. I haven't read either because they just arrived today, but I HIGHLY recommend "So You Want to Talk About Race?" and would love any other book recommendations. They don't necessarily need to be about race in healthcare, but I am definitely open to any good books about other marginalized groups!

Always looking for good books. Thanks for these recommendations!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kikime06 said:

I must have misread then. I went to what I thought was the first acceptance on the online forum. It was in June though. Some girl posted around 10:30 Or earlier (based on someone’s response to her) and then the last one for acceptance calls on June 11th was 1:45 I think? 

I didn’t see the May acceptance calls but I like that 7 pm timeframe! It gives me hope. Lol

Lol ok thanks for the clarification. I was super confused. It’s so hard to speculate time frames because so much is different this year then from last year. This is the first year they are using Caspa and then there is the Covid impaction aspect of admissions as far as mail delays. I have been all through that forum also looking for a pacifier for myself lol. But then I remember that I actually have zero control over anything now lol. 
Also WELCOME to the forum! Haven’t seen your name before! Tell us about yourself if you want and where you are at in the process! We all live to encourage our future classmates 🤞🏽

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

Lol ok thanks for the clarification. I was super confused. It’s so hard to speculate time frames because so much is different this year then from last year. This is the first year they are using Caspa and then there is the Covid impaction aspect of admissions as far as mail delays. I have been all through that forum also looking for a pacifier for myself lol. But then I remember that I actually have zero control over anything now lol. 
Also WELCOME to the forum! Haven’t seen your name before! Tell us about yourself if you want and where you are at in the process! We all live to encourage our future classmates 🤞🏽

Hello! I don’t like to give away too much online, but I have already interviewed and am waiting on a final verdict. We are supposed to be notified this week so I’m keeping my fingers crossed! 

• Like 2