2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

During every webinar I attended they stated 60 was their target for this class however made it sound like the number was not necessarily a hard number. That being said I'm doubtful they would say 60 and ultimately end up with 100 more than that. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Abhowe89 said:

How's everyone holding up!!!

-Andrea 

Being dramatic, I feel like waiting for an interview invite is killing me slowly 😂 I keep thinking every Monday that this is the day. I keep going over my stats and second guessing if they’re good enough even though I know logically it’s a whole person selection.

So in one, mature, breath I’m thinking that this is such an exciting moment and I’m trying to savor each minute and in the other, less mature, breath... Maybe this Monday will be it! Haha!

Edited by Hkane
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Abhowe89 said:

How's everyone holding up!!!

-Andrea 

Waiting is hard. Really hard. BUT I was just thinking if we compare the next few weeks or months, depending on where you are in the process, to the amount of time we have spent preparing for this, then it’s nothing! Just a few more weeks! 

• Like 3

I needed a few days off the forum for a break! Previous years are a great guideline, but who knows how things have changed. Yale online seems like a dynamic program. Even the admissions requirements have adapted over the years. Waiting is absolutely hard; and I don't like it one bit! But if you haven't gotten an interview invite yet, it seems like they interview in chunks of applicants based on when they applied. They've only done one round, and with rolling admissions, there's a lot of time to go. 

I appreciate that they're at least communicative and there are admissions counselors we can call and email. It makes me feel valued, even as an applicant. Hang in there!! I have my fingers crossed for those of us that interviewed and hopes for those still waiting to hear. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Hi everyone, I'm a Yale PA Online class of 2022 student and I wanted to jump in to clarify. The accreditation review permitted Yale to admit up to 156 students in my cohort which started in January, but Yale chose to admit 69 students. I can tell you that from what I've heard there are no plans to significantly increase the numbers from this year. Hang in there! We were all going nuts waiting for our admissions decisions, interview invites, etc, this time last year. I can promise you this is the worst part! I would also encourage you to rely on the information you get directly from admissions. They are good and communicative and genuinely want to help answer questions!

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, WBTKPK said:

Hi everyone, I'm a Yale PA Online class of 2022 student and I wanted to jump in to clarify. The accreditation review permitted Yale to admit up to 156 students in my cohort which started in January, but Yale chose to admit 69 students. I can tell you that from what I've heard there are no plans to significantly increase the numbers from this year. Hang in there! We were all going nuts waiting for our admissions decisions, interview invites, etc, this time last year. I can promise you this is the worst part! I would also encourage you to rely on the information you get directly from admissions. They are good and communicative and genuinely want to help answer questions!

Thanks so much for adding this input! If it helps, the bit of information that I got from admissions during my interview was about 60 students would be admitted, and that some students would hear back the week after next. I was told that if you interviewed this past week and don't hear back, don't lose hope - they put aside some applications temporarily as they continue to interview other applicants. 

This is a total guess (and could be completely wrong on this part lol), but I'm thinking the earliest we might hear back from the first round of interviews would be 6/15. Congrats to everyone who got an interview, and shout out to those who are applying as well! We're all in the oh-so-fun waiting game, but I believe it'll be worth it one way or another!

• Like 2

Just wanted to jump in here and say hi 🙃 I send in my app 5/31, but had an outstanding transcript. Grr! I ordered it 5/1 and it didn't arrive until 6/3 because of COVID. So I'm still waiting for verification and acknowledgment from Yale. You guys are all so positive and I hope to be your classmates in Jan! And if there are other students in San Diego, and we get in, we should meet up and study!

Best wishes all 🤗

Edited by ScullyAMA
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ScullyAMA said:

Just wanted to jump in here and say hi 🙃 I send in my app 5/31, but had an outstanding transcript. Grr! I ordered it 5/1 and it didn't arrive until 6/3 because of COVID. So I'm still waiting for verification and acknowledgment from Yale. You guys are all so positive and I hope to be your classmates in Jan! And if there are other students in San Diego, and we get in, we should meet up and study!

Best wishes all 🤗

I’ll be in San Diego!

Welcome! 
I had issues with transcripts too haha they can be so frustrating! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, QuarterLifeCrisis34 said:

Does anyone know what benefit there was to submitting by the priority deadline? Fortunately I had everything in by June 1st but never really understood what they meant by ‘priority’. Will we hear back sooner regarding if they want to interview or not? 

As I am aware a priority deadline means a priority decision. Usually, that means they give a earlier timeline for their decision instead of it being anytime between the receipt of your app and the close of the cycle. Last cycle it looks like they gave a priority deadline for the Second group of priority interviews. There has been one group of interviews so far and I wasn’t told of a priority decision date yet. Your Admission’s counselor would have more info also I’m sure! HTH some. 🙂

and welcome!!!! 

• Upvote 2

On 6/5/2020 at 1:30 PM, Tiffb13 said:

Does anyone know from last years thread how long after interviews the acceptance, waitlist, or denial notifications went out? I was told 1-2 weeks by admissions but then an interviewer told my sister 2-3 weeks. Neither of my interviewers mentioned anything about timeline and I am trying to set my expectations 😂. I nearly have a heart attack every time my phone rings or I get an email!

My interview said earliest 2 weeks but probably around 3 weeks

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 9:43 AM, CLBluebonnet said:

I needed a few days off the forum for a break! Previous years are a great guideline, but who knows how things have changed. Yale online seems like a dynamic program. Even the admissions requirements have adapted over the years. Waiting is absolutely hard; and I don't like it one bit! But if you haven't gotten an interview invite yet, it seems like they interview in chunks of applicants based on when they applied. They've only done one round, and with rolling admissions, there's a lot of time to go. 

I appreciate that they're at least communicative and there are admissions counselors we can call and email. It makes me feel valued, even as an applicant. Hang in there!! I have my fingers crossed for those of us that interviewed and hopes for those still waiting to hear. 

I completely agree with communication making you feel valued as an applicant! I know its not required for programs to communicate with applicants but we are all so nervous so it really does make a difference. I feel like if I had multiple acceptances (I wish) I'd choose the program that cared the most during the application stage (Yale so far).

• Like 1

I'd love to hear some different coping strategies. The waiting is so stressful for me. So far my go to coping strategy has been distraction. I've been keeping busy (my yard looks great and my boss is super happy with my productivity numbers). Anyone have another other methods? Also anyone else here from Virginia Beach?

• Like 1