2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

18 minutes ago, Jlnisbett said:

I've also been wondering how late in the day they would call! My phone has not left my side! I'm also thinking, "heck, they probably wont even be making phone calls until next week and here I am obsessively waiting!" lol  Like my fiance reminded me earlier, we have done all that we can do, worrying will not change a thing, stay hopeful and positive but dont obsess and stress. Youll get an answer either way, and worrying wont change it. 

Still holding onto my phone though 😂

Good advice! They did mention meeting to go through interviewed people on Friday of last week so I was hoping we'd hear back today! Gotta stay patient I suppose lol.

19 minutes ago, Jlnisbett said:

I've also been wondering how late in the day they would call! My phone has not left my side! I'm also thinking, "heck, they probably wont even be making phone calls until next week and here I am obsessively waiting!" lol  Like my fiance reminded me earlier, we have done all that we can do, worrying will not change a thing, stay hopeful and positive but dont obsess and stress. Youll get an answer either way, and worrying wont change it. 

Still holding onto my phone though 😂

Bahahha my husband said the same thing! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tiffb13 said:

Freaking out a little. T-Mobile is down across the nation so even if Yale called me right now they wouldn’t get through! 😳 I am so paranoid I am going to miss a phone call!

She will leave you a voicemail so you can call back. Don’t stress. And after they call you will get an email for acceptance and instructions for moving forward! I hope your service gets better soon!!!!!!! 

• Like 1

Not to freak anyone out but I went back on last years forum ( I know, don't judge me! 🤣) to see what day of the week acceptance calls went out. It was on a Tuesday!!! This may not mean a thing for this year, but I was curious! It looks as though acceptance calls went out first then a few days later the denials went out. Could be totally different this time around, just wanted to throw that out there!!

• Like 1

Guest mands
3 minutes ago, Jlnisbett said:

Not to freak anyone out but I went back on last years forum ( I know, don't judge me! 🤣) to see what day of the week acceptance calls went out. It was on a Tuesday!!! This may not mean a thing for this year, but I was curious! It looks as though acceptance calls went out first then a few days later the denials went out. Could be totally different this time around, just wanted to throw that out there!!

I'm laughing so hard at the attention to detail this forum is gathering LOL !! ❤️ 

Agreed lol! Being detail-oriented is good for being a PA though lol!

And I'm the total opposite, I have been keeping my phone off all day and only checking once per day since yesterday for my own mental health. I'd rather miss the call and just get the message and call back then be checking my phone like crazy like I did while I was waiting on the interview email! 😅

If I could guess, I would say tomorrow is the day!!! *fingers crossed y'all*

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mands said:

I'm laughing so hard at the attention to detail this forum is gathering LOL !! ❤️ 

Its bad!!🙈lol, so , acceptances on a Tuesday, waitlists Wednesday then denials that Friday. The next week they began sending out the second round of interview invites. 

Ive got to get off here!!! 😬😂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jlnisbett said:

No judgement at all! Thank you for the info. I literally thought about doing that earlier today, but hadn’t gotten there yet! 😂😂 

15 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

She will leave you a voicemail so you can call back. Don’t stress. And after they call you will get an email for acceptance and instructions for moving forward! I hope your service gets better soon!!!!!!! 

Hahaha I know, I just want to be able to answer if they call 😂😂. But yes hopefully this no service business won’t last long!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Jlnisbett said:

Detective @Jlnisbett on the case! I love it!!! Thank you 🙏🏽 

• Like 1

Last Monday I had a call from an admissions counselor to see if I had any questions and in that conversation he said it would be about 3-4 weeks from receiving my application to a possible interview and this Thursday is 4 weeks so I have been checking my email obsessively. My phone rang during surgery and I thought my heart stopped, haha. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Krystalized said:

👋 and welcome! Happy to see yet another momma on here! Where are you at in the app process? Hope things are moving smoothly! This is gonna be a pressurized but hopeful week for all of us! Hope it ends in happy news! 

Thank you for the warm welcome!

So far so good, though I am eager for the first time in my life to get a phone call, lol.  The supplemental fee was delivered on Friday, but I have not yet gotten an email saying they've received it.  Trying my best to just have patience and breathe!

1 hour ago, ScullyAMA said:

I bought a (refurbished) iPad today out of stress!! I was trying to keep myself away from my phone and email and justified it for my 2 post-bacc classes I'm taking this summer. Anyone else stress shopping??? 🤪

Which IPad did you get? I have heard the notability app on the iPad is extremely helpful for Notetaking and studying in PA school!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AMRarey said:

Thank you for the warm welcome!

So far so good, though I am eager for the first time in my life to get a phone call, lol.  The supplemental fee was delivered on Friday, but I have not yet gotten an email saying they've received it.  Trying my best to just have patience and breathe!

Patience is so tricky lol. Each phase of the process has it own waiting game. All we can do is hope it pays off for us!!! Good luck and let us know as you move through the waiting game! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crschr said:

I see we have the weekly pattern discovered and noted, but how do we know/why do we believe this week will be the week? Could it be next week? 

We don’t know, just a guess!  Based off of what some interviewers told people who had interviewed, we could get acceptance, rejection and wait list notifications this week or next. Then based off of last years forum @Jlnisbett found that the next round of interview invites went out the week following the first round of acceptances. So we are just wishful thinking over here! Who knows what any of that means for this year, but here’s to hoping!! 

• Like 1

Hi @AMRarey and @adc86!!   Just checking the forum for the day and saw y'all join in the fun 🙂 

I see I missed ALL the stress posting about checking phones today. If it helps, I'm now the proud owner of some make-your-own popsicle molds, a carafe for my coffee, and an umbrella @ScullyAMA. I appreciate all the sleuthing @Jlnisbett! I keep bouncing between hopefully excited and nauseous. I know it's all a giant guess, but we have to do something with our energy.....my yard is as good as it'll get and my floors couldn't be any cleaner! 

I love the idea of a PA forum pic of us in our white coats! I can't find who had that idea, but it's fantastic. 🙂 

It's gonna be a long week....fingers crossed for us all!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tiffb13 said:

Which IPad did you get? I have heard the notability app on the iPad is extremely helpful for Notetaking and studying in PA school!

Yessss I loooove notability!!! I used it on my Macbook Pro now and I know I'll love it that much more using a stylus. I'm excited! In fact, Notability is actually a huge reason why I'm replacing my 2nd gen. iPad. My 2nd gen. is just too old to work smoothly 🙄. So I got a refurbished 6th gen. with 128 mgb memory. So much more affordable than the newer one! And I think it'll be plenty for me. Maybe down the line I'll get a Pro if I get in and start working? We'll see. 

41 minutes ago, CLBluebonnet said:

Hi @AMRarey and @adc86!!   Just checking the forum for the day and saw y'all join in the fun 🙂 

I see I missed ALL the stress posting about checking phones today. If it helps, I'm now the proud owner of some make-your-own popsicle molds, a carafe for my coffee, and an umbrella @ScullyAMA. I appreciate all the sleuthing @Jlnisbett! I keep bouncing between hopefully excited and nauseous. I know it's all a giant guess, but we have to do something with our energy.....my yard is as good as it'll get and my floors couldn't be any cleaner! 

I love the idea of a PA forum pic of us in our white coats! I can't find who had that idea, but it's fantastic. 🙂 

It's gonna be a long week....fingers crossed for us all!

Love it! Let us know how your popsicles come out. I also bought cocktail umbrellas, because, you know, gotta keep it festive! haha I'm glad I'm not the only one 😊

• Like 1

I've been over here eatting my carbs to clam my nerves 🙄 bahahaha. Just gotta love throwing a bridal shower and having all the junk food available. Ive been looking at the ipad pro myself. I have a tablet with notability but I'm not to excited about the app or either the stylus makes it  difficult for me to like it. I might need to watch a video because I'm a see one do one person.

Snapchat-386010465.jpg

• Like 5

I’ve been channeling my stress into my brother-in-laws wedding planning [emoji51] I don’t think my new sister-in-law was too bummed to have miss type A buzzing around. Even managed to make the cake and stuff [emoji16] I’ve really enjoyed all your coping mechanisms!!! 913da549e68f6b3676ad567b962b1721.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Janieg78 said:

I’ve been channeling my stress into my brother-in-laws wedding planning emoji51.png I don’t think my new sister-in-law was too bummed to have miss type A buzzing around. Even managed to make the cake and stuff emoji16.png I’ve really enjoyed all your coping mechanisms!!! 913da549e68f6b3676ad567b962b1721.plist

This is beautiful!!! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Janieg78 said:

I’ve been channeling my stress into my brother-in-laws wedding planning emoji51.png I don’t think my new sister-in-law was too bummed to have miss type A buzzing around. Even managed to make the cake and stuff emoji16.png I’ve really enjoyed all your coping mechanisms!!! 913da549e68f6b3676ad567b962b1721.plist

Wow! Beautifully done! I’m sure everything tasted fantastic too

• Like 1