2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

13 hours ago, Krystalized said:

Actually the first interviews start this week! I think @LDchick is first up tomorrow!!!! Good luck to her! She is gonna rock it 👊🏼 

it is two interviews. One academic one personal. That’s honestly all I know. And from reading forum post from previous cohorts it seems they are very kind and helpful. 

thank you! Just had my first interview! It was almost as I expected. But be prepared for a lot of questions. Ive seen on this chat that its just a low pressure conversation and that certainly was not how mine was. Overall I think it went well though!

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, alvarn said:

Great job on getting through your interviews! Which one was more stressful: academic or personal? Lol

40 minutes ago, LDchick said:

thank you! Just had my first interview! It was almost as I expected. But be prepared for a lot of questions. Ive seen on this chat that its just a low pressure conversation and that certainly was not how mine was. Overall I think it went well though!

Im glad it went well for you! Im sure youre happy thats over! I was expecting low pressure conversation as well, so thank you for the heads up! I hope your next one goes well, also!

1 hour ago, LDchick said:

So happy to hear that it went well. Was it your academic one or personal one first? 

• Like 1

Hello! Everyone who has an interview, did you already have your CASPer scores completed, or were they pending when you received the invite? I submitted my application on May 20th, but am waiting for my CASPer scores. I am trying to understand the wait. Thanks, and good luck to all! 

19 minutes ago, Crschr said:

Hello! Everyone who has an interview, did you already have your CASPer scores completed, or were they pending when you received the invite? I submitted my application on May 20th, but am waiting for my CASPer scores. I am trying to understand the wait. Thanks, and good luck to all! 

Hi! I did the CASper on 5/7. My interview invite came before they received my score.  And thank you for the well wishes! I’m nervous and hopeful!! 

• Like 2

Hi friends! My application was verified bright and early Friday morning. I haven't heard anything from Yale about receiving it. How concerned should I be?! 😳 

Also just wanted to say I appreciate all the positivity and support on this thread. Y'all are awesome. Best of luck! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LDchick said:

OMG yayyyy!!! prayers you get in! 🙂 how long did the whole process take? and each interview? Also did anyone else here apply with a CASPA fee waiver to Yale? Im not sure if I need to submit more paperwork since their supplemental fee is also waived when I apply with the  CASPA  waiver

1 hour ago, FloridaFuturePA said:

OMG yayyyy!!! prayers you get in! 🙂 how long did the whole process take? and each interview? Also did anyone else here apply with a CASPA fee waiver to Yale? Im not sure if I need to submit more paperwork since their supplemental fee is also waived when I apply with the  CASPA  waiver

I applied with a fee waiver as well! I sent Yale an email after my application was verified saying that I received a fee waiver, but I didn’t get a response from Yale about it. A few days later, I got the email that my application is being reviewed by Yale. So I’m not sure if programs can already see who has a fee waiver or if we have to notify them, but I sent the email just in case!

9 hours ago, adc86 said:

Hi friends! My application was verified bright and early Friday morning. I haven't heard anything from Yale about receiving it. How concerned should I be?! 😳 

Also just wanted to say I appreciate all the positivity and support on this thread. Y'all are awesome. Best of luck! 

Hi! Have you sent your supplemental fee? or checked your spam inbox? I was verified this morning by CASPA and a couple hours later I received their under review email from Yale. If I don't hear from them after two weeks, I would send an email 

Hi friends! My application was verified bright and early Friday morning. I haven't heard anything from Yale about receiving it. How concerned should I be?! [emoji15] 

Mine took a week to go from verified to under review [emoji2372]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FloridaFuturePA said:

Thank you! It took about 25 minutes total. I have not completed the second interview yet. I have my second one on Wednesday. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, emilymuff said:

That’s great news! My application has been under review since the 21st, so I’m still crossing my fingers for an interview invite 🙂 

hoping to hear soon!

It’s coming my friend. Hopefully soon! The wait is gruesome. And once the invite hits the wait for it is also horrific. And then we can look forward to the unbearable wait for an admissions decision lol. Yay! 🎶under pressure🎶

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FloridaFuturePA said:

Hi! Have you sent your supplemental fee? or checked your spam inbox? I was verified this morning by CASPA and a couple hours later I received their under review email from Yale. If I don't hear from them after two weeks, I would send an email 

I've sent the fee and checked my spam folder. I guess I'll give it a bit and then reach out. 

18 minutes ago, kbu97 said:

I had an interview and I have yet to take the CASPR. If I take it by 6/4 will I be considered for the initial admission decision?

I actually have no clue into how their admission decisions roll out. I would think that if the CASper test matters to them (and I believe it does) then they will wait til they have to scores to offer admission but who honestly knows. I would contact admissions and ask! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Krystalized said:

It’s coming my friend. Hopefully soon! The wait is gruesome. And once the invite hits the wait for it is also horrific. And then we can look forward to the unbearable wait for an admissions decision lol. Yay! 🎶under pressure🎶

Definitely my current theme song haha 

• Like 1