2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

Guest Lorennnn
7 hours ago, LDchick said:

Thank you! It took about 25 minutes total. I have not completed the second interview yet. I have my second one on Wednesday. 

@LDchick Congratulations on having your interview, wishing you the best!! What is the difference between the two interviews? I am not too sure about the academic interview. 

Edited by Lorennnn

Well, that makes me feel better. Do you know why it took a bit longer than others? 

They did have an issue with my prerequisites that was resolved. They didn’t inform me of it for a week though. They next day i got the under review email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, CLBluebonnet said:

I totally feel that theme song!  @kbu97 - Casper was just strongly recommended, not required. It took a few weeks  for mine to be scored and I don't know what their timeline is. 

Good luck tomorrow, @Jlnisbett! I have both of mine tomorrow as well. We've got this!

Good luck to you today!!! We've got this!!!!

• Like 2

My application says verified but haven't heard anything from Yale. I would say my GPA is very competitive with also good experience. I'm very anxious and would be my first application for Yale. I am reading all the posts and it looks like everybody had an interview. I am from Kansas. Although Yale is my top choice,  because it is more convenient for me to do the online PA program. 

Good luck everyone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iyo1789 said:

My application says verified but haven't heard anything from Yale. I would say my GPA is very competitive with also good experience. I'm very anxious and would be my first application for Yale. I am reading all the posts and it looks like everybody had an interview. I am from Kansas. Although Yale is my top choice,  because it is more convenient for me to do the online PA program. 

Good luck everyone. 

Welcome 🙂  There are a lot of competitive applicants this year, though a lot of us have not received an interview invite yet. This week is the first round of interviews. 

18 hours ago, Lorennnn said:

@LDchick Congratulations on having your interview, wishing you the best!! What is the difference between the two interviews? I am not too sure about the academic interview. 

Thank you. I am not sure I have not had both interviews yet.

Edited by LDchick

Just finished second interview! I would say the academic was a lot more relaxing and a low pressure conversation compared to my personal. I wouldn't stress too much about it! They said the soonest we would hear back would be 2 weeks but probably closer to 3 weeks for acceptance, waitlist, denial. It's all a waiting game now! Good luck everyone!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, iyo1789 said:

Good luck everyone. 

Welcome! We're a pretty encouraging and supportive bunch here. I live in Oklahoma, so we're practically neighbors! While none of us have a crystal ball, it seems interview invited are going out in chunks. But with rolling admissions, anything can be fair game. Good luck!

• Like 3

Heyy Y’all! 

Hope everyone is doing well 🙂 

I am from Greensboro, North Carolina - just wanted to say hey to everyone!

Submitted my application like a week ago. 
This waiting game is nerve wreckingggg! 
So, I’m thinking another round of interviews will go out next week since it has been interviews this week?

3 hours ago, LDchick said:

Just finished second interview! I would say the academic was a lot more relaxing and a low pressure conversation compared to my personal. I wouldn't stress too much about it! They said the soonest we would hear back would be 2 weeks but probably closer to 3 weeks for acceptance, waitlist, denial. It's all a waiting game now! Good luck everyone!

Thanks for the input! Good luck! I am hoping for an invite soon! 

Guest PA4day

Hoping more interview invited are sent out soon 😊. Good luck to everyone interviewing now!!

On 6/2/2020 at 8:02 AM, FloridaFuturePA said:

Hi! Have you sent your supplemental fee? or checked your spam inbox? I was verified this morning by CASPA and a couple hours later I received their under review email from Yale. If I don't hear from them after two weeks, I would send an email 

Hi! They're periodically checking the mail because of COVID-19. I wouldn't stress too much about it. 😊 

2 hours ago, Lovepriya said:

Heyy Y’all! 

Hope everyone is doing well 🙂 

I am from Greensboro, North Carolina - just wanted to say hey to everyone!

Submitted my application like a week ago. 
This waiting game is nerve wreckingggg! 
So, I’m thinking another round of interviews will go out next week since it has been interviews this week?

Welcome!!!! And Good luck 

Does anyone know how many interviews they offer, how many apply, and how many will be accepted this cycle?

https://paonline.yale.edu/admissions/class-profile/

The link above provides a basic overview of the online class composition, while the link below shows the traditional class breakdown. I have been unable to find a specific outline for applications/interviews/acceptance rate for the online cohort.

https://medicine.yale.edu/pa/admissions/statistics/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, Jlnisbett said:

Does anyone know how many interviews they offer, how many apply, and how many will be accepted this cycle?

I would say there are no hard and fast rules for these numbers other than no more than 60 accepted. I’m sure they receive an immeasurable amount of apps. I would think that they offer interviews to everyone who they would seriously consider offering a seat to. I would guess somewhere around 3-5x the seat limit or so. And then we know from the past that they do not feel pressure to fill their program to 60 on the dot. The program seems to care more about quality than quantity. Which I love. With all that being said again not hard and fast rules. I’m sure if they REALLY  wanted to interview you they will make time to do so. So it would be hard to say that they will do exactly 300 interviews or 150 interviews. I know that doesn’t give the answers we would all love to have but I would think it’s close to the truth lol. But who knows!!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1