2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

Guest mands
32 minutes ago, Aroohoo said:

@ScullyAMA I am in Eastern Washington, so similar boat with mail times. Phew, that actually makes me feel a bit better...

@mands I used to live in Huntington beach and my husband is from nocal. We were heading down there to take our son to see his grandma and go to Disneyland this spring... But a certain virus drastically altered those plans... Oh well, maybe before next spring...

Honestly regretting missing the priority deadline right now because of how quick people got admitted! 

Woah! I used to live in Huntington Beach too! born and raised there until I moved out on my own after undergrad finished ( I went to marina high and UC Irvine) 🙂 I love that disneyland, but I love Knotts Berry Farm more! Always been a huge snoopy fan! 

Hello everyone,

Has anyone else heard anything in terms of decisions for the “first round” of interviews? Sorry, I’ve been trying to be patient but since the notion was that those who got accepted would be notified early on this week and it’s Wednesday already it’s hard not to be antsy...

I wonder if we are notified based on surname lol just trying my best to rationalize[emoji848]

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, itseatingmealive said:

Hello everyone,

Has anyone else heard anything in terms of decisions for the “first round” of interviews? Sorry, I’ve been trying to be patient but since the notion was that those who got accepted would be notified early on this week and it’s Wednesday already it’s hard not to be antsy...

I wonder if we are notified based on surname lol just trying my best to rationalizeemoji848.png

I feel the same way!! 😩😩😩😩😩

I totally feel your forum name lol “itseatingmealive” lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mands said:

Honestly regretting missing the priority deadline right now because of how quick people got admitted! 

Woah! I used to live in Huntington Beach too! born and raised there until I moved out on my own after undergrad finished ( I went to marina high and UC Irvine) 🙂 I love that disneyland, but I love Knotts Berry Farm more! Always been a huge snoopy fan! 

I submitted before the priority deadline and still haven’t heard anything.  Still no rejection though.  So there’s still a chance.

• Like 1

I feel the same way!! [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]
I totally feel your forum name lol “itseatingmealive” lol

Thanks! [emoji23] Yeah I recall you mentioned talking to the advisor about it being over a few days but that conflicts a little with the idea of being notified early on in the week? I’m hoping it’s the former that’s true lol

Maybe she just took a break from making calls today... lol I’m just hoping I don’t get that dreaded rejection email tomorrow morning or something [emoji17]

Just now, itseatingmealive said:

Thanks! emoji23.png Yeah I recall you mentioned talking to the advisor about it being over a few days but that conflicts a little with the idea of being notified early on in the week? I’m hoping it’s the former that’s true lol

Maybe she just took a break from making calls today... lol I’m just hoping I don’t get that dreaded rejection email tomorrow morning or something emoji17.png

Me too. This is all hurting my head. At this point, I just want to know so I can move on, whether it’s good news or not...

I’m really hoping for good news 💙

Good luck to you too!!

• Like 1

I am feeling for all of you (us) that are still waiting to hear back. Knowing that people have already gotten acceptance calls is exciting and nerve wracking, to say the least! I even brought my phone to the shower in case I got a call 😂. The waiting is exhausting, but I still have a glimmer of hope, just because I know I am a great healthcare provider, but I’m just hoping they’re able to see it also. This is my only school I planned on applying to since there are no schools close to me, and I have absolutely busted my tail the last year working on shadowing, prerequisites, etc, just like I know so many of you have! Hopefully they see this in us, too!! I have no clue if they have done all of their acceptance calls for this interview round but I’m praying they will do more!! Just keep hanging on and being hopeful!!! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jlnisbett said:

I am feeling for all of you (us) that are still waiting to hear back. Knowing that people have already gotten acceptance calls is exciting and nerve wracking, to say the least! I even brought my phone to the shower in case I got a call 😂. The waiting is exhausting, but I still have a glimmer of hope, just because I know I am a great healthcare provider, but I’m just hoping they’re able to see it also. This is my only school I planned on applying to since there are no schools close to me, and I have absolutely busted my tail the last year working on shadowing, prerequisites, etc, just like I know so many of you have! Hopefully they see this in us, too!! I have no clue if they have done all of their acceptance calls for this interview round but I’m praying they will do more!! Just keep hanging on and being hopeful!!! 

😘🤗

Hi @Aselph!! Welcome to the forum! 

Not sure if this will help anyone because sometimes nothing quiets the voice in our head..... but for all the acceptances that went out, we were given a timeframe to reserve our slot and pay a deposit (purposefully being vague I don't compromise OPSEC). I can't read minds and I don't have any special insider info, but it may be that they're waiting to see how the first round falls into place. 

It makes total sense to feel anxious and nervous, we've all worked hard and its devastating to think we'll have to try and try and try again. Just the fact that we check in and lift each other up is a testament to how strong and resilient we are. Even in our own personal chaos, we're there for each other. Borrowing tomorrow's trouble through worry just messes up our today - I hope y'all can find a way to be kind to yourself today because it's well deserved ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CLBluebonnet said:

Not sure if this will help anyone because sometimes nothing quiets the voice in our head..... but for all the acceptances that went out, we were given a timeframe to reserve our slot and pay a deposit (purposefully being vague I don't compromise OPSEC). I can't read minds and I don't have any special insider info, but it may be that they're waiting to see how the first round falls into place. 

It makes total sense to feel anxious and nervous, we've all worked hard and its devastating to think we'll have to try and try and try again. Just the fact that we check in and lift each other up is a testament to how strong and resilient we are. Even in our own personal chaos, we're there for each other. Borrowing tomorrow's trouble through worry just messes up our today - I hope y'all can find a way to be kind to yourself today because it's well deserved ❤️ 

Thanks for trying to encourage those of us still waiting! That does help a little bit. Trying to stay hopeful! 

Do you have any idea how many acceptances they offered? I know there were 6 on this forum but obviously there are people who don’t know about this forum. Not that it matters just curious. I am trying so hard to be patient bc I am sure they have so much to consider! I am really hoping we hear something tomorrow. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tiffb13 said:

Thanks for trying to encourage those of us still waiting! That does help a little bit. Trying to stay hopeful! 

Do you have any idea how many acceptances they offered? I know there were 6 on this forum but obviously there are people who don’t know about this forum. Not that it matters just curious. I am trying so hard to be patient bc I am sure they have so much to consider! I am really hoping we hear something tomorrow. 

I know of eight total so far. Please keep us posted!! My fingers are crossed for all of you!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tiffb13 said:

Side note, I did ask my admissions counselor this and she said that the number of people offered positions has not been disclosed yet. 

1 hour ago, CLBluebonnet said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer words of comfort and encouragement. I think I needed this tonight.

I'm excited for all of you ladies (and I'm sure some guys are lurking) that have been accepted thus far. It makes me excited to one day work with kind people like you (and everyone else on here). 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MegSJ said:

I got two emails on separate days. One verifying the application fee was received and one on June 1 stating my application was complete and under review. I'm waiting to hear about an interview invite. 

Just out of curiosity for those accepted... is anyone still completing a pre requisite? I am just curious if that would keep them from accepting someone even though it does say you can have one in progress. 

I am completing biochem right now. Four weeks left!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CLBluebonnet said:

OK, so I'm apparently banned from "💜" any more posts today. But I love the positive vibes and there's plenty more to go around! 

It's ONLY June. Hang in there, reach out if you need a virtual high-five or hug. Love y'all!

same here - the acceptances are literally just beginning. I can't wait to see all of your wonderful faces online and in New Haven. You can reach out to me as well (publicly or via DM) of you have questions or just want a virtual high-five or hug in the middle of the madness. Idk how I would have made it through the 6 weeks of straight up anxiety without this online YPAO support group lol 😅

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MegSJ said:

I got two emails on separate days. One verifying the application fee was received and one on June 1 stating my application was complete and under review. I'm waiting to hear about an interview invite. 

Just out of curiosity for those accepted... is anyone still completing a pre requisite? I am just curious if that would keep them from accepting someone even though it does say you can have one in progress. 

I'm still taking Micro and was accepted. It's a conditional admit until I submit my transcript with a B or higher!

• Like 1

Hello Everyone! I’ve been logging in and reading about everyone’s experience and I’m truly so amazed about how kind, encouraging, and helpful everyone has been! I figured I would introduce myself on here! 😊

Ive been a clinical dietitian for 3 years living in Pennsylvania! I applied on 5/27 and was verified on 6/9! Just waiting and praying daily that I get asked to interview!!! Congratulations to all those who got accepted ! What a wonderful accomplished group I’m seeing! Would love to work and be amongst all of you someday in the program! Best of luck to everyone 🙏🏽

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Aselph said:

Quick question for you all.  I have had the same admissions counselor for several years.  Suddenly, I had a different person and now I can’t get ahold of him.  Has anyone had anything like this happen?

I was having the same problem with not being able to get in touch with my admissions counselor. I almost missed the priority deadline because I couldn't get anyone to submit my in progress class info. I called and left a message explaining my problem and asked if I could request a different counselor. Someone different reached out via email and submitted my info just in time (June 1st).