2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

Guest mands
1 hour ago, Hkane said:

@mands Verified is from CASPA saying everything is in order and will be sent to your programs. The under review email is from Yale saying they have received it and are reviewing it. Does that make more sense?

Oh yeah that makes sense. So, basically I am missing the "under review" and "app fee" email. :(((( great lol 

1 hour ago, mands said:

Oh yeah that makes sense. So, basically I am missing the "under review" and "app fee" email. :(((( great lol 

I hope you get them soon. Waiting is so hard but I keep reminding myself of all the great things on the other side of waiting. 

@AMRarey  That's not something we disclose. I know having more info about this whole process helps calm nerves. It's not out of meanness that we keep this private, we're asked to and it also keeps things fair (I mean, as fair any any selection process can be). 

Nothing wrong with asking, but not something anyone that's gone through the process will share 

🙂 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CLBluebonnet said:

@AMRarey  That's not something we disclose. I know having more info about this whole process helps calm nerves. It's not out of meanness that we keep this private, we're asked to and it also keeps things fair (I mean, as fair any any selection process can be). 

Nothing wrong with asking, but not something anyone that's gone through the process will share 

🙂 

Ahhh, I see!!  No worries at all, that makes total sense.  I was just curious after watching the interview with them on The PA Platform.  They both seem so down to earth!  Anyway, thank you for the reply. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AMRarey said:

For those of you who have interviewed, was it with Jim Van Rhee and Jane McDaniel?

Ahh, the question that is literally on everybody’s mind! Right before my interview these same thoughts ran through my head as well. Like @CLBluebonnet said we are sworn to secrecy! 
However, since you are excited to prepare I would prepare like you were interviewing in front of both! What’s the best way to prepare would be the next question I had and that answer Van Rhee gave in his podcast “be yourself!” So know what you want them to know about you and then SIMPLY tell them! 
it’s a scary thing because everyone wants this so badly! 
good luck! 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, AMRarey said:

For those of you who have interviewed, was it with Jim Van Rhee and Jane McDaniel?

I agree with @Krystalized, one of the best tips is to be yourself and let them see who you are as an individual during your interview! If anyone cares to know (and for future applicants who read this thread in later cycles - kudos to you for making it 42 pages deep 😂) - Andrew Rodican's 'How to Ace the PA School Interview - 2nd edition' book is a great one to use if you want to practice answering questions out loud & it's helpful for brainstorming your own solid, personalized answers. Sarah Schultz over at the PA Life is great for mock interviews as well. And if you're needing personal / supplemental statement help, physasst on Fiverr is a PHENOMENAL editor; she'll work with you until your essays are an appropriate length and are perfect for submission. Just my thoughts for app / interview prep. I'm sure the forum will blow up with interview invites this week - I'm so excited to interact with more of you as you get added to the upcoming class! 🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾

• Like 4

On 6/19/2020 at 3:52 PM, PaLiz2021 said:

This video was awesome. I wish I had been able to see it before submitting my essays. I got an email from YALE that my app has been received and is under review. 

On 6/19/2020 at 3:52 PM, PaLiz2021 said:

This video was awesome. I wish I had been able to see it before submitting my essays. I got an email from YALE that my app has been received and is under review.