2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

I also got a waitlist email. It is definitely better than not getting in, so Ill take it! Looks like Ill still be waiting by my phone for a possible call! One day at a time, there is still hope for us on the waitlist! Keep the faith, hopefully we can all be in this amazing class together. Looking forward to keeping up with this forum to see who else will be in the program. Yale is blessed to have such an amazing group! 

• Like 4

Just surfacing for air now!

I had my Bio-organic Chem final yesterday and although it was crazy doing that for 4-6 hours everyday for 7 weeks, it did offer a HUGE distraction for me while waiting to hear about an interview invite.

First of all, I want to say congratulations to everyone who was accepted!! You will be fabulous classmates for everyone else who gets in. It is crazy what a fast turnaround Yale Online has with their priority decision period. When I applied last year to a school that did not do rolling admissions, there was a three month wait before I got an interview invite, and another month before the interview. Enough time to tuck it away into a corner of my mind and forget about it for awhile! 

I got the email on June 2 that my application is under review. I know there are a bunch of others who got an email earlier than that, who are also still waiting to hear about interviews. Hopefully next week! Good luck to everyone who interviewed but hasn't heard back yet!! I know how that feels! It is probably worse than waiting for the interview invite!  

Considering all the hard things happening in our world, as well as our waiting patiently for news from Yale, I think I can already say.... 

IMG_5763.JPG

• Like 1

LDchickjsrangelitseatingmealiveJlnisbett, and alvarn Being on a wait list is still a good thing. I guess this is part of the process that we all go through. Sometimes I just wish the school would entertain all of us here. This group is truly amazing. Haven't seen a forum whose quite supportive. I know we all want this so bad and wanted to help save lives. On my part I am more anxious as I have not heard anything yet. I'm clinging to Jesus and I'll just wait for my fate as it unfolds. Good luck to all of us. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, iyo1789 said:

LDchickjsrangelitseatingmealiveJlnisbett, and alvarn Being on a wait list is still a good thing. I guess this is part of the process that we all go through. Sometimes I just wish the school would entertain all of us here. This group is truly amazing. Haven't seen a forum whose quite supportive. I know we all want this so bad and wanted to help save lives. On my part I am more anxious as I have not heard anything yet. I'm clinging to Jesus and I'll just wait for my fate as it unfolds. Good luck to all of us. 

Thank you. I wish you lots luck!

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and waitlisted! Does anyone know if a second round of interviews have been offered yet? My application is verified but I'm waiting to hear about an interview invite! Fingers crossed!  I am a Mental Health counselor in Pennsylvania hoping to join the cohort starting 2021! 

1 minute ago, AmyR417 said:

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and waitlisted! Does anyone know if a second round of interviews have been offered yet? My application is verified but I'm waiting to hear about an interview invite! Fingers crossed!  I am a Mental Health counselor in Pennsylvania hoping to join the cohort starting 2021! 

I feel like after they get all the waitlist and denials done this week, they will proceed with offering interviews for the next round. Id maybe be looking out for the emails next week! Good luck to you!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jlnisbett said:

I feel like after they get all the waitlist and denials done this week, they will proceed with offering interviews for the next round. Id maybe be looking out for the emails next week! Good luck to you!

So all the acceptances and waitlists have gone out, and denials too, right? Trying to keep track made me loose sleep last night! I'm at work main lining coffee 😩

• Like 1

Guest mands
1 hour ago, thelongglass said:

I had my Bio-organic Chem final yesterday and although it was crazy doing that for 4-6 hours everyday for 7 weeks, it did offer a HUGE distraction for me while waiting to hear about an interview invite.

First of all, I want to say congratulations to everyone who was accepted!! You will be fabulous classmates for everyone else who gets in. It is crazy what a fast turnaround Yale Online has with their priority decision period. When I applied last year to a school that did not do rolling admissions, there was a three month wait before I got an interview invite, and another month before the interview. Enough time to tuck it away into a corner of my mind and forget about it for awhile! 

I got the email on June 2 that my application is under review. I know there are a bunch of others who got an email earlier than that, who are also still waiting to hear about interviews. Hopefully next week! Good luck to everyone who interviewed but hasn't heard back yet!! I know how that feels! It is probably worse than waiting for the interview invite!  

Considering all the hard things happening in our world, as well as our waiting patiently for news from Yale, I think I can already say.... 

IMG_5763.JPG

"next week has been exhausting" is the life motto that finally puts how I feel into words. LOL ! 

LDchickjsrangelitseatingmealiveJlnisbett, and alvarn , I am still on a waitlist from last cycle and it literally rips me to pieces everyday. The cohort is gonna be such a BIG list. No doubt in my mind will someone back out in the end. Also, YOU GOT WAITLISTED FOR Y A L E!!!!! THIS IS BIG STILL!!!!! DONT DIMINISH IT! ITS SOOO HARD TO GET INTO A PA PROGRAM LET ALONE YALE!!!! 

proud, proud, proud of you

You're right. Now that for the most part they've made a bulk of decisions for this last interview period, the next round of interviews gotta be coming soon. Another day, another day with no application fee confirmation lol.

4 minutes ago, mands said:

"next week has been exhausting" is the life motto that finally puts how I feel into words. LOL ! 

LDchickjsrangelitseatingmealiveJlnisbett, and alvarn , I am still on a waitlist from last cycle and it literally rips me to pieces everyday. The cohort is gonna be such a BIG list. No doubt in my mind will someone back out in the end. Also, YOU GOT WAITLISTED FOR Y A L E!!!!! THIS IS BIG STILL!!!!! DONT DIMINISH IT! ITS SOOO HARD TO GET INTO A PA PROGRAM LET ALONE YALE!!!! 

proud, proud, proud of you

You're right. Now that for the most part they've made a bulk of decisions for this last interview period, the next round of interviews gotta be coming soon. Another day, another day with no application fee confirmation lol.

Oh wow @mands, good luck!!! Please keep us updated! 

1 hour ago, thelongglass said:

IMG_5763.JPG

Thank you for this. It's super helpful to see that timeframe, and the pic!

• Like 1

Guest mands
2 minutes ago, Joemonkey said:

Did anybody else send in their application without their supplemental application fee? I’m sending in the cashier’s check today. Hopefully my application is processed quickly despite being turned in mid-June.

I did! they called me after and told me to send it in ASAP to get things done. 

Just now, mands said:

I did! they called me after and told me to send it in ASAP to get things done. 

I just called today because I saw people talking about supplemental fees on this page. I missed the supplemental fee. /: When did you turn your supplemental fee in? Any interview response after?

Did anybody else send in their application without their supplemental application fee? I’m sending in the cashier’s check today. Hopefully my application is processed quickly despite being turned in mid-June.
I did that but then they told me they won't review your app until the fee is in

Guest mands
1 minute ago, Joemonkey said:

I just called today because I saw people talking about supplemental fees on this page. I missed the supplemental fee. /: When did you turn your supplemental fee in? Any interview response after?

I turned it in literally the day after I got off the phone. I did 1 day shipping, but because of COVID, the processing times are wack. it showed up like 4 days after. It should have delivered 3 days ago according to UPS tracking. Since then, have not heard any confirmation from the department, which is something everyone got over email. 

@mands @Joemonkey I submitted my application 05/30, verified 06/02. I did not get my supplemental fee out in the mail until 06/09 (between working 60+ hours a week, an hour commute each way from home, finishing up the last of my pre-reqs for the other program I am applying to, and having my son's school work to get done, life has been cray cray hectic up until, like, yesterday, when all school for this academic year was done)... based on @ScullyAMA I figured I had a few days until I should start worrying about that fee again... so we drove into town this morning to run some errands... and I got home to an email that they had received my fee... and then trying to explain to my husband that this is not a relief, just a new step in the process to worry about and have that bottomless stomach dropping out from under you sensation about. So... 9 days for the fee to be received... to give you a current time frame. I will be watching for interview invites to go out again... I think I now know how Tiana felt from the Princess and the Frog... or maybe more like Lottie...

31 minutes ago, mands said:

I turned it in literally the day after I got off the phone. I did 1 day shipping, but because of COVID, the processing times are wack. it showed up like 4 days after. It should have delivered 3 days ago according to UPS tracking. Since then, have not heard any confirmation from the department, which is something everyone got over email. 

My money order tracking showed that it was delivered on the 12th and I just got an email this morning saying that they've received it.  Hopefully you get an email soon!

50 minutes ago, nanairo said:
55 minutes ago, Joemonkey said:

I did that but then they told me they won't review your app until the fee is in

Have you heard if you are considered to have met the deadline if your app was verified by June 1st but your fee wasn't received yet? I couldn't get in contact with my admissions counselor this year.