2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

Hey everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum, you all sound so supportive and positive! I've been following along for a week or so, and I'm hoping someone could give me some insight. I submitted my application on 5/28 and was finally verified on 6/12. I sent in my supplemental fee on 5/29 and had an email that it was received on 6/11. I never received an email saying that my application was received or under review, so I'm wondering if I should call or email them just to confirm they have it. Did anyone else not receive a notification from them that their application is under review or had it take over a week to be emailed? This is my first application cycle and I'm a nervous wreck!

Yes! Submitted 5/28, verified 5/29, sent supplemental (after counselor (Sanjay) contact) 6/4, email fee receipt 6/11. I am patiently waiting for an under review email. Hoping after the holiday weekend and sending out acceptance/waitlist that the next cycle will be contacted [emoji1695][emoji1695][emoji1695]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest mands
1 hour ago, thelongglass said:

@mands @AceYoung

Mine is next week as well! Let us all please receive our birthday wish!

What day! Happy birthday to all of us!!! 1 shot for celebration and 1 to ease the stress!!!!

I'm honestly glad that I applied early then. Maybe not priority, but still early. If there is this many apps now, I can't imagine how many will accumulate over the months! 

On 6/9/2020 at 10:43 AM, MegSJ said:

I'd love to hear some different coping strategies. The waiting is so stressful for me. So far my go to coping strategy has been distraction. I've been keeping busy (my yard looks great and my boss is super happy with my productivity numbers). Anyone have another other methods? Also anyone else here from Virginia Beach?

Small world! I am from Virginia Beach! But I’ve lived in Richmond for the last 3 years. Planning on moving back to VB one day! 

2 minutes ago, mands said:

What day! Happy birthday to all of us!!! 1 shot for celebration and 1 to ease the stress!!!!

I'm honestly glad that I applied early then. Maybe not priority, but still early. If there is this many apps now, I can't imagine how many will accumulate over the months! 

Tuesday! And for me, this is the year described by many as, shall we say, the crest of the hill? 😅 Hoping someone is old enough to understand that reference. Personally, though, I am looking forward to a very long upward slope for a few more decades and eventually I will go out in a blaze of wild gray glory! Life is a great adventure and I am happy to be living it. 

Quarantine birthdays, as people seem to be calling them, do seem strange. Anyone celebrated one that was better than normal??

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JRussell said:

Hey everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum, you all sound so supportive and positive! I've been following along for a week or so, and I'm hoping someone could give me some insight. I submitted my application on 5/28 and was finally verified on 6/12. I sent in my supplemental fee on 5/29 and had an email that it was received on 6/11. I never received an email saying that my application was received or under review, so I'm wondering if I should call or email them just to confirm they have it. Did anyone else not receive a notification from them that their application is under review or had it take over a week to be emailed? This is my first application cycle and I'm a nervous wreck!

Hi! I actually reached out to them about the same thing. They told me to be patient, and that they will reach out once it has been reviewed.

can’t wait till we hear something!

Oh, honestly I am happy it is the weekend... I can sleep without wigging out every time my phone gets a new email or text... Come Monday, I have the day off. We were vaguely talking about going camping, but I don't think I will be so comfortable leaving signal area early next week. Sadness, I need a distraction... Or I can just stare at my phone all day Monday in the hopes that a watched pot boils faster... Happy birthday to the birthday ladies and have a good weekend all! 

• Like 3

Guest mands
1 hour ago, ScullyAMA said:

Just got the email that I'm under review 🤢🤢🤮

LORD so things can happen over the weekend?! I just beat my face getting ready to go out now i'm like 

download.jpg

5 hours ago, ScullyAMA said:

Just got the email that I'm under review 🤢🤢🤮

10 hours ago, ScullyAMA said:

Im in the same boat @Aroohoo! So happy it's the weekend.

Dude?!!!! I slept today. It felt so good... And then...

Me: it's the weekend, I can relax and breath and not stress for a few days...

Fates and the Yale online admissions committee: oh, I wouldn't count on that...

Which is all to say that... I am with you. Application is under review, got the email this morning. Slept right through it. My husband still wants to go camping tomorrow and Monday... And it is father's day, after all... And, lastly, my stomach has once again performed autoexcision surgery and reacquainted itself with the ground... Weekend... Ha 

Edited by Aroohoo
Tyoo
  • Upvote 1

I have been under review since 5/21 and my fee was received 5/22, the waiting is eating at me but I can only hope that it means whenever they’re ready for another round of interviews I may be privileged enough to be asked to participate. It killed me to miss the first round of interviews but my LOR writers took their time 😂

• Like 1

Guest mands
16 minutes ago, Hkane said:

I have been under review since 5/21 and my fee was received 5/22, the waiting is eating at me but I can only hope that it means whenever they’re ready for another round of interviews I may be privileged enough to be asked to participate. It killed me to miss the first round of interviews but my LOR writers took their time 😂

Wait, I think i'm confusing myself. Is the "under review" email the same one as the "verified" email? or is that different thing? (accidentally attached a photo of the in person program, ignore that!!!) 

OMG me too! 1 of my LOR is a PA working in a trauma unit in New York during covid. Like, asking her for a LOR was a power move, and will look amazing but also I knew I would have to wait a month for her to tinker at it. Then, I got one from my principal investigator that I did research under in my undergrad, but she was co-writing a textbook up until the end of may... soooo I literally walked into this too 😂

Edited by mands