2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

@Popup123 I got emails from CASPA for submitting and for being verified, then from Yale needing my supplemental fee and having received my supplemental fee. I believe once CASPA verifies it, it is considered complete because they are the one collecting everything other than the supplemental fee- even the actual supplemental app is done through CASPA. 

@Epopo I am not a perfect GPA either. I am strong, but I am also human. Everyone has struggles and occasionally that is reflected on your transcripts... how you recovered and came back with a vengeance speaks just as strongly if not more so of your ability to succeed in a difficult program because it shows you have already survived through difficulty. Know why you struggled, how you have addressed and overcome it, and be ready to discuss it when they ask. 

• Like 1

I worry about my gpa too (let’s be honest, at this point I worry about everything) because my undergrad gpa isn’t very competitive but that was over a decade ago. I’ve grown a lot and matured and learned my study style and my post-baccalaureate gpa is very good. So I have to believe Yale looks at the whole picture and not just that one snap shot. We are so much more than our undergrad gpa 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Epopo said:

Got a email saying they received my payment yesterday. But at this point, looking at how dense this sub is, I’m not going to expect anything. I don’t have perfect grades so Im prepping myself for when I receive that rejection letter. emoji51.png

.giphy.gif

I'm "pretending" that I already got rejected, so if I get any news it either a) won't be a surprise, or b) will be awesome! Lol. I invite you to my headspace with me!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ScullyAMA said:

I'm "pretending" that I already got rejected, so if I get any news it either a) won't be a surprise, or b) will be awesome! Lol. I invite you to my headspace with me!

Haha same! 🤣 I was driving myself crazy thinking that they had already made the decisions when they still haven’t went through all of the applications yet. I’ve put myself in the same mind frame so I don’t work myself up over something I have no control over at this point.  

Edited by rainbowbright

Hi Everyone,

I am excited to see what this application cycle brings.😀 I applied last year, interviewed, and waitlisted. I have applied again this year. Submitted 5/25, supplemental fee received 6/5, "under review" with Yale 6/9. Fingers crossed I get invited for an interview!

I hope for the best for all of you. It has been amazing to read all of your supportive posts. I hope I can do the same for you! You all got this!

• Like 2

Hope everyone is hanging in there! I spoke with my admissions counselor yesterday who mentioned a few things: They are / were shooting to give everyone who interviewed a final decision this week, however, today is the end of the week and also a holiday (he mentioned he has today off). He also stated that the admissions committee hasn't made their final decisions yet. They may be a little behind the schedule they hoped for but I'm sure more updates will come for everyone next week!

• Like 1

Guest mands
5 minutes ago, Sarahjane said:

Hope everyone is hanging in there! I spoke with my admissions counselor yesterday who mentioned a few things: They are / were shooting to give everyone who interviewed a final decision this week, however, today is the end of the week and also a holiday (he mentioned he has today off). He also stated that the admissions committee hasn't made their final decisions yet. They may be a little behind the schedule they hoped for but I'm sure more updates will come for everyone next week!

Oh lord, they have the day off today and it's ALREADY the weekend? Who's ready to Panic Party until monday??

I know 100% what i'm wishing for on my bday next week LOL

Thanks for calling ! 

1 minute ago, mands said:

Oh lord, they have the day off today and it's ALREADY the weekend? Who's ready to Panic Party until monday??

Thanks for calling ! 

Haha yep, long weekend. 

Oh dang! Happy early birthday. Hoping for a good news E-mail birthday present for you!

8 minutes ago, mands said:

Thanks for calling ! 

Oh goodness! So are there others that interviewed that have still not heard on a decision? I know the wait for me has been tough, but hearing I have been wait listed has had its pros and cons! So the waiting and hoping continues! Who has not herd anything that has interviewed? Hopefully those who have submitted and are just waiting will hear something next week! In the PA Platform interview from earlier they stated they had received an overwhelming number of applications already, so I'm sure they are slammed with reviewing! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

32 minutes ago, Sarahjane said:

I was losing my mind more and more as each hour passes. Thanks for that @mands

Guest PA4day
16 hours ago, olipajoli said:

I haven't interviewed yet, but I'm still waiting to hear anything. Application was complete 5/19 and payment received 5/29! Keep your head up!! We got this! 

Same exact timeline as me! The wait has been brutal. 

Hey everyone! I have been following along from the beginning of this forum and have really enjoyed reading what everyone has to say. You all are so supportive and encouraging and it would be such a blessing to work alongside each of you as we work towards becoming a PA😊

I interviewed the very first and second day that interviews started. Still haven't heard anything back yet, so really hoping to hear some good news soon. I can easily say it has been the longest week of my life and my phone has not left my side haha

Wishing you all the best as we each work towards achieving our goals of becoming a PA!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KayD21 said:

Hey everyone! I have been following along from the beginning of this forum and have really enjoyed reading what everyone has to say. You all are so supportive and encouraging and it would be such a blessing to work alongside each of you as we work towards becoming a PA😊

I interviewed the very first and second day that interviews started. Still haven't heard anything back yet, so really hoping to hear some good news soon. I can easily say it has been the longest week of my life and my phone has not left my side haha

Wishing you all the best as we each work towards achieving our goals of becoming a PA!

Same here. I interviewed Wednesday and Thursday and I have not heard a thing. My phone has not left my side either. 

Glad Yale supports Juneteenth !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

On 6/10/2020 at 1:11 PM, Krystalized said:

What?!? Are you in my class? Matt beio teacher? 

4 hours ago, maddielyman said:

The PA Platform just posted a video on Youtube interviewing Yale Online's program director James Van Rhee and the admissions director Jane McDaniel. Here's the link for anyone interested: 

This video was awesome. I wish I had been able to see it before submitting my essays. I got an email from YALE that my app has been received and is under review. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hey everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum, you all sound so supportive and positive! I've been following along for a week or so, and I'm hoping someone could give me some insight. I submitted my application on 5/28 and was finally verified on 6/12. I sent in my supplemental fee on 5/29 and had an email that it was received on 6/11. I never received an email saying that my application was received or under review, so I'm wondering if I should call or email them just to confirm they have it. Did anyone else not receive a notification from them that their application is under review or had it take over a week to be emailed? This is my first application cycle and I'm a nervous wreck!

17 minutes ago, JRussell said:

Hey everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum, you all sound so supportive and positive! I've been following along for a week or so, and I'm hoping someone could give me some insight. I submitted my application on 5/28 and was finally verified on 6/12. I sent in my supplemental fee on 5/29 and had an email that it was received on 6/11. I never received an email saying that my application was received or under review, so I'm wondering if I should call or email them just to confirm they have it. Did anyone else not receive a notification from them that their application is under review or had it take over a week to be emailed? This is my first application cycle and I'm a nervous wreck!

Hey, same actually! Never any official email which sucks. They received my payment 6/16 and judging by everyone else, I'll be waiting for a while to hear back. I submitted my app 5/31 though so the past few weeks have been super rough 😩. But good luck and welcome @JRussell!

Guest mands
2 hours ago, AceYoung said:

Lol! My bday is next week too!! 

Happy birthday to us! June 24 for me! 👑🍻

There's an insane amount of people just now turning up! This is the most people i've seen join a single forum. @sctt0525

Edited by mands