2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

Have you heard if you are considered to have met the deadline if your app was verified by June 1st but your fee wasn't received yet? I couldn't get in contact with my admissions counselor this year. 
I'm not certain but if you submit your app by 6/1, it should count as priority. There might be too many apps going in after the first round so maybe that's why they're now requiring the fee before review
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ajcherne said:

Have you heard if you are considered to have met the deadline if your app was verified by June 1st but your fee wasn't received yet? I couldn't get in contact with my admissions counselor this year. 

Second hand info, but another member of this forum said a couple weeks ago that as long as you submitted to CASPA by June 1, then it would still be considered priority as long as everything is verified and the fee received by the end of the month. Hopefully, the person who came with that info can confirm.  

Edited by thelongglass
  • Like 1

Hi All, 

Does anyone know if submitting ON June 1st meets priority deadline? Or did it need to be submitted 5/31 before midnight? I submitted June 1st and received notification on June 2nd that my application is under review but I’m not sure I met priority deadline. 

thanks! 

Second hand info, but another member of this forum said a couple weeks ago that as long as you submitted to CASPA by June 1, then it would still be considered priority as long as everything is verified and the fee received by the end of the month. Hopefully, the person who came with that info can confirm.  

Yale is on the blue system under CASPA’s color code system. Essentially, all you have to do is submit the app by 6/1 to meet the priority deadline. It’s pretty cool considering most schools don’t work that way. Sanjay also confirmed this for me [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Welcome @AmyR417 and @Shouk!!!! Glad you're here 🙂

@LDchick @jsrangel @itseatingmealive @Jlnisbett @alvarn @Tiffb13 @JG2018

All my love to y'all. I know your emotions and thoughts are all over the place and nothing I can say or do will change that.

Waiting to only have more waiting isn't what you were hoping for. ❤️ My fingers are still crossed! You're all SUPER qualified and worked VERY hard to get here. 

• Like 5

Congratulations to all who got accepted! I’m trying to combat the stress of waiting in a completely constructive way and by constructive I mean I just sat in the floor of my shower with the water running and ate a pint of ice cream. Sometimes being an adult isn’t so bad when there’s no one around to tell you no ice cream before dinner. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SNB123 said:

Congratulations to all who got accepted! I’m trying to combat the stress of waiting in a completely constructive way and by constructive I mean I just sat in the floor of my shower with the water running and ate a pint of ice cream. Sometimes being an adult isn’t so bad when there’s no one around to tell you no ice cream before dinner. 

It’s so funny because you will have the same reaction when you get accepted!!! 😂 🤣 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SNB123 said:

Girl, this is so relatable 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SNB123 said:

Totally! I've eaten ice cream in my closet to keep my kids from finding me. Glad I'm in good company 🙂

• Like 1

Guest mands
4 hours ago, SNB123 said:

I guess i'm different from all the sweet tooth people replying! My mom just sent me a package with 3 bags of hot cheetos fries (can't find hot chips where I live!!) and i'm honestly trying not to blow through all in one go because of stress. LOL. However, I will say, I do have a sweet tooth for candy. I used to get so stressed in undergrad, i'd buy a bag of trail mix and pick out ONLY the m&ms and i'd tell my roommates that it was a really healthy trail mix without the chocolate so they'd eat the rest. Honestly, now I feel psychotic typing this out. haha! 

Can't wait for tomorrow. Seems like something new comes out everyday for the last week, whether it be good or bad news! By that I mean, i'm looking out for you fee confirmation email!

@Epopo  It’s still super early in the cycle and you are so much more than your grades! If GPA was all that mattered, then there’d be no point in having experiences listed in the application or even for schools to hold interviews. And Yale takes a holistic approach to applications. There are so many great PAs who had less than stellar grades so don’t sell yourself short! 

• Like 4