2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

Lol we just can’t help ourselves! I think what pushes me to keep checking is where it says once you get an interview invite you have 72 hrs to respond. It makes me panic lol. For no good reason since I check it every half hour and would respond in seconds, there is no chance I would miss it!!!!  Lmao

Omg I feel the same way! 72 hrs to respond, okay did it go into spam box, inbox, trash? Just making sure. Lol. This forum cheers me on with notifications from future classmates going through the same rollercoaster of emotions.
  • Like 1

Hello my fellow applicants and hopefully classmates.

From Dearborn Michigan. This forum brings me so much peace of mind and I do not feel like I am alone. 

I literally check all of my email boxes every 10 minutes or so 🥺

First time applicant and I applied to one program while another waits accreditation. Good luck everyone 🙌

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, PAFarhat2B said:

From Dearborn Michigan. This forum brings me so much peace of mind and I do not feel like I am alone. 

First time applicant and I applied to one program while another waits accreditation. Good luck everyone 🙌

Welcome!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PAFarhat2B said:

I was checking all folders constantly. I have gmail and just figured out to go to All Mail instead of inbox and it shows everything in one spot! Lmao. Streamlining my obsessive compulsive process! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Joemonkey said:

Does the June 1st priority deadline pertain to the primary application only? Does CASPer have to be submitted also? Does the priority deadline require the supplemental application too?

It is my understanding that to meet the priority deadline your Caspa application including the Yale supplemental portion must be complete, verified, and received at Yale by June 1st. On the supplemental portion it ask what date did you take or plan to take the Casper test but taking the Casper test is only highly recommended not a requirement so you do not HAVE to have it completed prior to submission to meet the deadline. I hope that makes sense. 

• Like 2

I agree with @Krystalized, I think that Yale is going to wait until all of the priority deadline applications are in before handing out interview invites. Speaking of interviews, I wonder what the personal interview is going to be like, vs the academic interview. I mean, I obviously understand the differences, but I wonder what more besides "tell me about yourself" is going to be asked during the personal interview. Maybe our PCE and HCE? I'm def overthinking it haha (excited and hopeful nerves).  Though for the "tell me about yourself"-type question, which I would think would be asked that in both interviews, I wonder if we tailor it based on if we are in the academic or personal interview? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Joemonkey said:

Does the June 1st priority deadline pertain to the primary application only? Does CASPer have to be submitted also? Does the priority deadline require the supplemental application too?

I am pretty sure your full application just has to be submitted by June 1st. I don’t think your transcripts or LORs have to be in by the date either. When I asked that is what they told me but I would definitely clarify if I were you by calling admissions. 

2 hours ago, emilymuff said:

I agree with @Krystalized, I think that Yale is going to wait until all of the priority deadline applications are in before handing out interview invites. Speaking of interviews, I wonder what the personal interview is going to be like, vs the academic interview. I mean, I obviously understand the differences, but I wonder what more besides "tell me about yourself" is going to be asked during the personal interview. Maybe our PCE and HCE? I'm def overthinking it haha (excited and hopeful nerves).  Though for the "tell me about yourself"-type question, which I would think would be asked that in both interviews, I wonder if we tailor it based on if we are in the academic or personal interview? 

I was wondering the exact same thing! 

1 hour ago, FuturePA9987 said:

I was wondering the exact same thing! 

20 hours ago, PAFarhat2B said:

Welcome!

• Like 1

Don't stress over it. I'm sure they truly just want to get to know you as a person to make sure you are a good fit for tbe program. Honestly this is my number one choice based on how I grew up I see what good they want us to do in the world, and what I want to give back to the areas around here. IT WILL BE FINE! BREATHE! We all got this.

Edited by Abhowe89
  • Like 2

Don't stress over it. I'm sure they truly just want to get to know you as a person to make sure you are a good fit for tbe program. Honestly this is my number one choice based on how I grew up I see what good they want us to do in the world. IT WILL BE FINE! BREATHE! We all got this.

Lol Abhow89 you motivational speaker. BREATHE! We got this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Tiffb13 said:

I am pretty sure your full application just has to be submitted by June 1st. I don’t think your transcripts or LORs have to be in by the date either. When I asked that is what they told me but I would definitely clarify if I were you by calling admissions. 

I will call them. It looks like they accept one outstanding prerequisite. How long after submitting primary application did you get the supplemental app? 

Hey there, everyone! I am finishing up the supplemental application and waiting for one more evaluation before submitting hopefully next weekend. You have created a very positive, supportive group here! Otherwise, I probably would have read for info and not posted! I hope to have you all as classmates! I applied and was interviewed at the University of Utah last year, but wasn't offered a spot. It is really hard to be limited on PA school options based on geography. That is a huge reason why I love Yale's program and format. I imagine a lot of you are in the same boat as me, either can't commit to where you will be for 3 years, or unable/unwilling to uproot your families from your homes to fulfill your dream of being a PA. Am I wrong?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, thelongglass said:

Hey there, everyone! I am finishing up the supplemental application and waiting for one more evaluation before submitting hopefully next weekend. You have created a very positive, supportive group here! Otherwise, I probably would have read for info and not posted! I hope to have you all as classmates! I applied and was interviewed at the University of Utah last year, but wasn't offered a spot. It is really hard to be limited on PA school options based on geography. That is a huge reason why I love Yale's program and format. I imagine a lot of you are in the same boat as me, either can't commit to where you will be for 3 years, or unable/unwilling to uproot your families from your homes to fulfill your dream of being a PA. Am I wrong?

That is a huge part of my pursuit of Yale. I work full time and am a single mom so I cannot just uproot. 
I think the fact that you have interviewed before will be a huge help with your Yale interview. If you have any interview advice I would love it. 
Good luck on getting it all finished up and ready to submit!!! Rooting for you! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HopefulNpositive said:

CASPA included all questions. No additional supplemental application except $50 additional money order to Yale (snail mail only).

Definitely didn’t do that... thanks for throwing that out there!!!

Edited by Janieg78
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Krystalized said:

That is a huge part of my pursuit of Yale. I work full time and am a single mom so I cannot just uproot. 
I think the fact that you have interviewed before will be a huge help with your Yale interview. If you have any interview advice I would love it. 
Good luck on getting it all finished up and ready to submit!!! Rooting for you! 

I agree with @krystalized all the same reasons I applied and some tips from your past interview would be great! Thanks in advance!

• Like 3