2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

Casper was straightforward, I agree with everyone. So weird that we won't ever receive our score, though! I am super jealous that you all get to submit, I still have to wait another month for Spring term to end and to send updated transcripts, etc. That being said, with everything that is going on, I have also found myself being a lot more patient, and, if I don't get in this cycle, I will just better myself for next year! Hard for me to get to that kind of thinking because I am HUGE on planning, but I'm putting less pressure on myself and a timeline to actually get into PA school. 
Good luck all! Looking forward to getting to follow your journeys on this forum over the next several months! Just think.... some of the people in here will be accepted to this program in just a few months!! Crazy!

Good luck to you as well! Planning is always a plus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, PAgoalgetter said:

Hello all!

Glad I too found this thread.

For those of you who submitted already, did you wait until all transcripts were received? I have all my LORs in, but the transcripts that were not electronic and sent by mail are taking a while. 

Thanks

From what I understand it doesn’t really matter either way. If you send it in before your transcripts are received they will just keep it until transcripts arrive before verification. So essentially it will take the same amount of time whether you submit with or without your transcripts because they won’t do anything until all transcripts are in.

• Like 2

ok so it says after application sent, is it a must applicant has to take casper to apply to yale? those of you with experience pls answer. tnx

Yale’s website stated that they strongly encouraged. I took the CASPer test on May 7th. I think that it was a very straightforward test. You can also assess the practice test on the CASPer website itself.
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, bersabeh said:

ok so it says after application sent, is it a must applicant has to take casper to apply to yale? those of you with experience pls answer. tnx

No, you don’t have to take it, but they recommend you do. You just take it at home and it’s not really anything you could study for. 

On 5/5/2020 at 7:39 PM, Abhowe89 said:

So I take the CASper exam on 5/20. Just received an email from YALE online Pa stating they received my application and are reviewing to ensure I have everything. Anyone else submitted an application yet?

Congrats!! One step closer! Is your application verified yet? What day did you actually submit your app? 

Just got notified that my application has been verified! I got an email from Yale saying they received my complete application and will be reviewing it. Does anyone know from past years how people were invited to interview? Was it by email or a phone call? And how quickly did that happen? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tiffb13 said:

Just got notified that my application has been verified! I got an email from Yale saying they received my complete application and will be reviewing it. Does anyone know from past years how people were invited to interview? Was it by email or a phone call? And how quickly did that happen? 

Holy cow, congrats! Please keep us updated on when you hear back from Yale. I am still waiting on my darn LORs haha

1 minute ago, FuturePA9987 said:

What deadline date did you give those writing your letter? I gave mine one week! LOL. (They had a heads up before)

I gave them 2 weeks with a deadline of the 14th, so they still have few days haha. I gave them a heads up a while ago, so hopefully they will submit soon! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emilymuff said:

Holy cow, congrats! Please keep us updated on when you hear back from Yale. I am still waiting on my darn LORs haha

Thank you! I told my letter writers that they I wanted to submit by Monday 5/4 so that way if they were a few days later it wouldn’t hold me back. I asked for the Letters at the beginning on April so maybe that helped. Don’t feel bad about reminding them though! One of my writers also had an issue creating an account which I wouldn’t have known had I not followed up, so definitely feel free to stay in touch with them! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tiffb13 said:

Thank you! I told my letter writers that they I wanted to submit by Monday 5/4 so that way if they were a few days later it wouldn’t hold me back. I asked for the Letters at the beginning on April so maybe that helped. Don’t feel bad about reminding them though! One of my writers also had an issue creating an account which I wouldn’t have known had I not followed up, so definitely feel free to stay in touch with them! 

That’s good to know about the account issue! Thank you. 

18 minutes ago, emilymuff said:

Does anyone know if our letter writers get a notification that the deadline is approaching soon? The deadline that we put in the LOR request email. 

I don’t think they do. When I mentioned it to one of mine and she had no clue what I was talking about.