2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

5 hours ago, thelongglass said:

I think it is so valuable as a parent to be able to attend a PA program that allows you to remain in the community where your support system is. The curriculum is going to be a huge challenge and how nice to know that the kids are well-adjusted and thriving while we are scrambling to cover everything! I am rooting for you as well! I hope someday we will meet!

I felt so anxious going into my interview (with the U) last year. I was there for ten hours and ending up doing 10 interviews (mini or regular) and an exam throughout a day interspersed by a few long periods of downtime. It was rough! I met amazing people, but in the end I didn't get a spot. Yale's interview process should be so much more straightforward. My best advice for interviewing is practice speaking answers to the basic questions. It seems like it will be easy to articulate your experience, or motivation, or journey, but really those can be complicated things and it is very hard to sum up in an organized way the things that are extremely important to you. By practicing it, you can filter out the distractors, tangents, etc. that like to pop up when the pressure is on! 

I got my second evaluation submitted, so it's all on me now! Eager to hear what happens for all of you early submitters!

Thank you! That interview process sounds like you are set up for failure!!! I appreciate you sharing your experience. I am definitely trying to practice!!!

I am very lucky that my kiddos are super independent and responsible. They put so much into our household with me and have truly been so encouraging for me to try this process. I know people think going through school with kids is tough and it is but my kids are special! 
 I hope we can meet! This program is so unique. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PAgoalgetter said:

@Abhowe89 thanks for reply! and for notification of under review it was a call or email? 

I received an email For under review and an email for the interview invite. 

I was thinking about the difference in call and email and I think it is either completely random or it is time related. My app verified at 0250 am tx time and the email from Yale hit at 0630 am tx time. No one was at Yale to call at that time. Probably wrong but that’s what I am guessing lol. Either way it didn’t make a difference in them offering an interview that I can tell. 🤷🏻‍♀️

8 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

I received an email For under review and an email for the interview invite. 

I was thinking about the difference in call and email and I think it is either completely random or it is time related. My app verified at 0250 am tx time and the email from Yale hit at 0630 am tx time. No one was at Yale to call at that time. Probably wrong but that’s what I am guessing lol. Either way it didn’t make a difference in them offering an interview that I can tell. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thanks! I appreciate the detailed response. Makes me feel a little better too. I've just been on edge today reading way too much into things as Yale is the only program I am applying to because of where I live, my kiddos, and my desire to work in primary care. Just gotta be patient now, I've done all I can do.

Thanks again and good luck on your interview! 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, PAgoalgetter said:

Thanks! I appreciate the detailed response. Makes me feel a little better too. I've just been on edge today reading way too much into things as Yale is the only program I am applying to because of where I live, my kiddos, and my desire to work in primary care. Just gotta be patient now, I've done all I can do.

Thanks again and good luck on your interview! 

Yale is my one and only also. Where are you from?  It’s so hard to be patient. We all want this so bad. I got an interview invite and I’m still checking my email every 15 minutes I’m case something changes. It’s insane. I’m honestly ready for all this part to be over. I just want to be to the place where I have a solid yes or no!!  I’m in or I’m out. TELL ME!!! Lol 😂 I think we all feel this way. It’s definitely affecting my sleep. I work nights so trying to sleep during the day with panic attacks that I’m missing something is rough! Anyway. Let’s just try to keep it together and then celebrate when we get those acceptances!! 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, PAgoalgetter said:

Hello all, 

Congrats to those who have received an interview! 🤩 How amazing that must feel! 

I just got an email today from Yale saying my app is under review. 

For those who got an interview, do you mind stating if you got a call or email to notify you the app was under review?  I know it may not mean anything, but just curious. 

Shoutout to all other moms here too, really is a great program to be able to keep normalcy for our kids. 

😃

I also go an email for review and the interview! good luck!

9 hours ago, PAgoalgetter said:

Hello all, 

Congrats to those who have received an interview! 🤩 How amazing that must feel! 

I just got an email today from Yale saying my app is under review. 

For those who got an interview, do you mind stating if you got a call or email to notify you the app was under review?  I know it may not mean anything, but just curious. 

Shoutout to all other moms here too, really is a great program to be able to keep normalcy for our kids. 

😃

Thank you! I got an email in the morning and a phone call later that day. 

1 hour ago, awalt08 said:

Maybe a DUMB question, but  can I submit the app before the evaluations are in? 

Also, how much studying should go in to the casper? 

You can submit the Caspa without all your transcripts or LORs. However the verification process won’t start until all is received. I would submit ASAP because it will be sent to Yale right away it just isn’t reviewed until complete. 

there is a sample test on the Casper test page and that is the only thing I did prior to the test. It will show you the layout and how the questions are worded and get you a taste of the time restraint. 

2 hours ago, awalt08 said:

Maybe a DUMB question, but  can I submit the app before the evaluations are in? 

Also, how much studying should go in to the casper? 

I submitted my application when I only had 2 of my evaluations in. CASPA and Yale both verified me. I also just finish my secondaries today and have not take casper yet but Yale gave me an interview. So my advice is to submit as early as possible!

I just started studying for casper, take mine on June 4th. 

Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone is up at this hour, I work 3rd shift Labor and Delivery and they had a call out so I came in to help. Hopefully, I'll get some sleep today before taking the CASper. Has anyone else heard about interviews? Mine are scheduled in two weeks. Been preparing for this for the last four years! Good Luck to anyone else testing today! 

-Andrea

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Abhowe89 said:

Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone is up at this hour, I work 3rd shift Labor and Delivery and they had a call out so I came in to help. Hopefully, I'll get some sleep today before taking the CASper. Has anyone else heard about interviews? Mine are scheduled in two weeks. Been preparing for this for the last four years! Good Luck to anyone else testing today! 

-Andrea

I am an early riser over here on the East Coast; I hope you can get some rest before your CASper, good luck today!

1 hour ago, Abhowe89 said:

Hey guys,

-Andrea

I am an early riser over here on the East Coast; I hope you can get some rest before your CASper, good luck today!

19 hours ago, Krystalized said:

Thank you! That interview process sounds like you are set up for failure!!! I appreciate you sharing your experience. I am definitely trying to practice!!!

I am very lucky that my kiddos are super independent and responsible. They put so much into our household with me and have truly been so encouraging for me to try this process. I know people think going through school with kids is tough and it is but my kids are special! 
 I hope we can meet! This program is so unique. 

That makes me so happy! Your kids sound fabulous! I feel the same way with mine and I am so grateful! 

Edited by thelongglass
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, emilymuff said:

Is anyone else still waiting on snail mail transcripts to get to CASPA? 

I am not this year, I had to update mine for new classes and they used Parchment. But on my previous cycle I had to send one via snail mail and that was in late July and it still didn't take more than a week and a half to get them in and verified. How long have you been waiting?

13 minutes ago, thelongglass said:

I am not this year, I had to update mine for new classes and they used Parchment. But on my previous cycle I had to send one via snail mail and that was in late July and it still didn't take more than a week and a half to get them in and verified. How long have you been waiting?

😕 The transcript got mailed out on the 6th. Perhaps COVID is causing delays?

2 minutes ago, Janieg78 said:

Me!!! It’s so painful!!! I submitted it 4/30 and currently have a missing transcript work order in...but I’m stressing way too much about it 😬 

Glad to see that I am not alone here. I too have a missing work order in...but I am obsessing over my email and it is stressing me out like crazy, and I generally am not a stressful person haha. 

28 minutes ago, Abhowe89 said:

Okay, Time get our minds off all the wait. Tell me what your background is?

I'm A Certified Surgical Technologist and I do Dermatology, Plastics, and OBGYN

#knowyourfutureteammates

Great Idea!!

I have been a  Registered Dental Hygienist for 16 years. I am mommy to 3 beautiful girls and I come from a small city where everyone knows everyone pretty much. 

#knowyourfutureteammates

• Like 3