2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

10 minutes ago, Janieg78 said:

Medford, Oregon over here!!!! Still waiting for my last transcript to go through...already have butterflies with anticipation though!!!

Whoohoo Oregon! I’m from Scappoose...pretty far apart, but still cool to see a fellow Oregonian haha 

I’m still waiting on one last transcript too 

29 minutes ago, Abhowe89 said:

That Is what I was thinking I think I counted like 9 or 10 of us here? Also, wondering how soon they will extend interviews. Is everyone a first time applier?

Yeah. I saw about 10. 
A past student said that it takes 3-4 weeks for interview invites. I’m sure it’s a lot to go through. 
I am a first timer!

33 minutes ago, HopefulNpositive said:

Random thoughts: if our application email stated under admissions review, does this mean we meet the requirements?

I would think so, because there was a question about my statistics class and Grace emailed me about it. Took a few days to get it fixed then I recieved to email for under review!

• Like 2

hey y'all! My YPAO application is under review as of last week as well. I generally avoid forums like this, but I love that you guys are all very positive and aren't driving each other crazy with stat postings. you guys seem like an awesome bunch. good luck to everyone!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Apsanpa said:

hey y'all! My YPAO application is under review as of last week as well. I generally avoid forums like this, but I love that you guys are all very positive and aren't driving each other crazy with stat postings. you guys seem like an awesome bunch. good luck to everyone!

Welcome and Good Luck!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Apsanpa said:

Yes, the stats posts just create self doubt haha 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Krystalized said:

Yeah. I saw about 10. 
A past student said that it takes 3-4 weeks for interview invites. I’m sure it’s a lot to go through. 
I am a first timer!

3-4 weeks from when CASPA opened..which is right around the corner or 3-4 weeks from now which would be mid June...?  Since we were given that mid June date earlier in this forum, I just wanted to clarify. Any insight you have helps. Thanks!

3 hours ago, FuturePA9987 said:

3-4 weeks from when CASPA opened..which is right around the corner or 3-4 weeks from now which would be mid June...?  Since we were given that mid June date earlier in this forum, I just wanted to clarify. Any insight you have helps. Thanks!

From what she said it was up to 3-4 weeks from when the app verified. So for those who made the deadline and received invites it happened in June. So I’m thinking if you were verified by the 7th, for example, then they were offered an interview Anywhere from the 28th through the 4th. If you verified the 14th then it could be the 4th through the 11th and so on. She said a few only took two weeks but she wasn’t sure if they submitted the day it opened or why. 
I don’t want to make myself crazy and think two weeks because I don’t want to start panicking at two weeks and one day when I haven’t heard anything yet you know. I do think that nothing will happen until after the Priority deadline closes. But who knows. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Apsanpa said:

I agree that stat flexing is not good for anyone. Also I don’t think there is as much weight on that as there is the PS! I my opinion if you are on this forum and submitting to a program you must at the very least meet all the requirements to apply therefore we may be classmates soon! Fingers crossed!!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

From what she said it was up to 3-4 weeks from when the app verified. So for those who made the deadline and received invites it happened in June. So I’m thinking if you were verified by the 7th, for example, then they were offered an interview Anywhere from the 28th through the 4th. If you verified the 14th then it could be the 4th through the 11th and so on. She said a few only took two weeks but she wasn’t sure if they submitted the day it opened or why. 
I don’t want to make myself crazy and think two weeks because I don’t want to start panicking at two weeks and one day when I haven’t heard anything yet you know. I do think that nothing will happen until after the Priority deadline closes. But who knows. 🤷🏻‍♀️

When admissions called me they said it takes 3-4 weeks once your application goes into review by Yale. So 3-4 weeks after we got the email from Yale. He gave me an estimated time of beginning to middle of June. He said it may happen sooner but it’s rare because of the volume of applicants. Even knowing this I am checking my email every 5 minutes though 😂

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, tiffb13 said:

When admissions called me they said it takes 3-4 weeks once your application goes into review by Yale. So 3-4 weeks after we got the email from Yale. He gave me an estimated time of beginning to middle of June. He said it may happen sooner but it’s rare because of the volume of applicants. Even knowing this I am checking my email every 5 minutes though 😂

Lol we just can’t help ourselves! I think what pushes me to keep checking is where it says once you get an interview invite you have 72 hrs to respond. It makes me panic lol. For no good reason since I check it every half hour and would respond in seconds, there is no chance I would miss it!!!!  Lmao

• Like 2