2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

Hey everyone!

I just started following this thread. I'm a CT technologist from Illinois and submitted my application a few days ago.

Congrats to everyone who received invites already! What was the time frame between your application being received by the school and your invite? Just curious...and anxious😁

29 minutes ago, kkruyle said:

Hey everyone!

I just started following this thread. I'm a CT technologist from Illinois and submitted my application a few days ago.

Congrats to everyone who received invites already! What was the time frame between your application being received by the school and your invite? Just curious...and anxious😁

Hi! The first post saying they submitted and verified was may 5th I believe. I submitted may 7th and verified (transcripts!!!!) on may 15th. Got my interview invite Monday the 18th. So did several others (same day). So longest wait in first set was 2 weeks ish. Not sure if more will go out Monday or if they will wait til the priority deadline date. There may be no rhyme or reason to any of it lol. They may just do it whenever 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kkruyle said:

Hey everyone!

I submitted my application 5/13, verified 5/14, and Yale got my application 5/14. I received my interview invite 5/18.

42 minutes ago, Audmichelle said:

Do they let us know if we are not selected for an interview??

I am guessing they will, just a guess though. They sent me an email saying that they processed my application and one of my pre req's didn't meet the requirement (I didn't realize you needed O Chem I and II).

2 hours ago, csantos1794 said:

You shouldn't need O chem II, only I

I didn’t think so either since it’s confusing on the site but I verified with Grace and she said Orgo 1 & 2 is required. The alternative is biochem 1 & 2. 

Edited by Tann94

37 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

On the webpage it says intro to biochem or intro to ochem, or one collective year of regular ochem I and ochem II. Here is a picture from the page. 

40F38505-6485-4100-ACC6-8E016A8E4636.png

Yeah I think the chemistry pre-req

39 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

On the webpage it says intro to biochem or intro to ochem, or one collective year of regular ochem I and ochem II. Here is a picture from the page. 

40F38505-6485-4100-ACC6-8E016A8E4636.png

yeah it’s strange. I guess if you take the intro courses you’re fine? But if not you need both orgo 1 and 2 or biochem 1 and 2 (at least that’s what she told me). It’s very different compared to other programs I looked at.

3 hours ago, Tann94 said:

yeah it’s strange. I guess if you take the intro courses you’re fine? But if not you need both orgo 1 and 2 or biochem 1 and 2 (at least that’s what she told me). It’s very different compared to other programs I looked at.

Yes, I think the issue is covering all of the topics not necessarily covering them in a specific level of detail. So all of the required topics are covered by most Intro Ochem classes but not all of the topics are covered only Ochem 1. Ochem 1 covers fewer topics in greater detail but in order to learn all of the required info you would need Ochem 1&2. 

That being said an intro to Biochem or a regular biochemistry class would probably cover the required topics. I only took biochemistry and mine counted. My school didn’t have a 1&2 it was just biochem so maybe if you could find something like that it would work!

7 hours ago, MegSJ said:

I am guessing they will, just a guess though. They sent me an email saying that they processed my application and one of my pre req's didn't meet the requirement (I didn't realize you needed O Chem I and II).

Sorry I quoted the wrong thing! My reply above was meant for this! I just know this info because I spent a while figuring it all out last fall 😂

• Upvote 1

It's been hard to catch up on the forum! I have an accordion family that expands from 2-5 and we all live in OKC. I'm a PT Tech, but have previously been an MA and a teacher. It's great to see everyone be so positive and supportive. I got my interview invite Monday and have been nervously excited ever since. It's great to meet everyone. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, CLBluebonnet said:

It's been hard to catch up on the forum! I have an accordion family that expands from 2-5 and we all live in OKC. I'm a PT Tech, but have previously been an MA and a teacher. It's great to see everyone be so positive and supportive. I got my interview invite Monday and have been nervously excited ever since. It's great to meet everyone. 

Welcome!!!

8 hours ago, CLBluebonnet said:

Congratulations and welcome!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, awalt08 said:

Resume Question:  Since everything is already inputted in to CASPA: Volunteer, Experience, Leadership, ETC. Did you change anything for the resume you have to upload? I have a resumes that I continue to update for jobs, but curious if I should change it. 

I left my resume as is. I felt like it was a succinct read and added more to my Caspa descriptions. Plus I thought if they ended up reading it last it would hit it all home again. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tann94 said:

Just realized you were looking at the online PA Program for it.  I was thinking about the in person program. That is the one I am applying to and it only needs 1 semester of orgo chem thank god

1 hour ago, csantos1794 said:

Just realized you were looking at the online PA Program for it.  I was thinking about the in person program. That is the one I am applying to and it only needs 1 semester of orgo chem thank god

Ugh lucky ! I just finished orgo 2 and the worst class ever haha