2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

37 minutes ago, abcdefgpa said:

how long after you mailed you supplemental application fee did it get verified? I mailed last Tuesday and I am worried it may have gotten lost in the mail!

I sent mine in before I even submitted my application on CASPA. they verified they got it within a few hours once I submitted my actual application 

Edited by Tann94

37 minutes ago, abcdefgpa said:

how long after you mailed you supplemental application fee did it get verified? I mailed last Tuesday and I am worried it may have gotten lost in the mail!

My application was verified last Monday and I received the email saying my supplemental application fee was processed this morning, after I got my interview invite. I mailed my fee on the 7th and only got the email they received it today. 

17 minutes ago, Tiffb13 said:

My application was verified last Monday and I received the email saying my supplemental application fee was processed this morning, after I got my interview invite. I mailed my fee on the 7th and only got the email they received it today. 

thank you so much! this makes me feel better haha

• Like 1

Hey everyone!

I just submitted and will be sending in my supplemental application fee tomorrow!  I currently live in Utah, but my husband and I are planning to move to the Portland area, so that's where we would be during the program.  I am super excited and nervous and wish everyone the best of luck! ❤️

• Like 3

7 hours ago, maddielyman said:

Hey everyone!

I just submitted and will be sending in my supplemental application fee tomorrow!  I currently live in Utah, but my husband and I are planning to move to the Portland area, so that's where we would be during the program.  I am super excited and nervous and wish everyone the best of luck! ❤️

Yay Portland! There are a few others from Oregon on here. Welcome!

• Like 1

Hey everyone! Congrats on the pending interviews!! It’s killing me that everything is ready and one of my LOR is dragging their feet to send it in. She’s brilliant but a little scatter brained lol. I’m hoping to get to hit submit this week though.

Does anyone know if you do the professional transcript entry if that adds to your verification time? My classes are spread over a ton of schools and some are specialized enough that it was easier to do the professional entry.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hkane said:

Hey everyone! Congrats on the pending interviews!! It’s killing me that everything is ready and one of my LOR is dragging their feet to send it in. She’s brilliant but a little scatter brained lol. I’m hoping to get to hit submit this week though.

Does anyone know if you do the professional transcript entry if that adds to your verification time? My classes are spread over a ton of schools and some are specialized enough that it was easier to do the professional entry.

I know your pain! I finally got my last LOR in last week, now hoping that my final transcript arrives today. Unfortunately, I do not have any personal experience with the professional transcript entry 😕

On 5/17/2020 at 1:09 PM, Krystalized said:

That is a huge part of my pursuit of Yale. I work full time and am a single mom so I cannot just uproot. 
I think the fact that you have interviewed before will be a huge help with your Yale interview. If you have any interview advice I would love it. 
Good luck on getting it all finished up and ready to submit!!! Rooting for you! 

I think it is so valuable as a parent to be able to attend a PA program that allows you to remain in the community where your support system is. The curriculum is going to be a huge challenge and how nice to know that the kids are well-adjusted and thriving while we are scrambling to cover everything! I am rooting for you as well! I hope someday we will meet!

I felt so anxious going into my interview (with the U) last year. I was there for ten hours and ending up doing 10 interviews (mini or regular) and an exam throughout a day interspersed by a few long periods of downtime. It was rough! I met amazing people, but in the end I didn't get a spot. Yale's interview process should be so much more straightforward. My best advice for interviewing is practice speaking answers to the basic questions. It seems like it will be easy to articulate your experience, or motivation, or journey, but really those can be complicated things and it is very hard to sum up in an organized way the things that are extremely important to you. By practicing it, you can filter out the distractors, tangents, etc. that like to pop up when the pressure is on! 

I got my second evaluation submitted, so it's all on me now! Eager to hear what happens for all of you early submitters!

• Like 5

12 hours ago, maddielyman said:

Hey everyone!

Maddie, I am in Utah, too! Grew up in Seattle. Good luck!

• Like 1

Hello all, 

Congrats to those who have received an interview! 🤩 How amazing that must feel! 

I just got an email today from Yale saying my app is under review. 

For those who got an interview, do you mind stating if you got a call or email to notify you the app was under review?  I know it may not mean anything, but just curious. 

Shoutout to all other moms here too, really is a great program to be able to keep normalcy for our kids. 

😃

Edited by PAgoalgetter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PAgoalgetter said:

Hello all, 

Congrats to those who have received an interview! 🤩 How amazing that must feel! 

I just got an email today from Yale saying my app is under review. 

For those who got an interview, do you mind stating if you got a call or email ?  I know it may not mean anything, but just curious. 

Shoutout to all other moms here too, really is a great program to be able to keep normalcy for our kids. 

😃

I got an email personally.

• Like 1