2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

32 minutes ago, Abhowe89 said:

Okay, Time get our minds off all the wait. Tell me what your background is?

I'm A Certified Surgical Technologist and I do Dermatology, Plastics, and OBGYN

#knowyourfutureteammates

How cool!

I am a Chief Medical Scribe in the Emergency Department! 

Edited by LDchick
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Abhowe89 said:

#knowyourfutureteammates

Hey! Fellow CST here 🙂. I was a Navy hospital corpsman/surg tech; I mainly do General surgery and ortho but have done a little of everything...minus eyes haha 

Edited by emilymuff
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Janieg78 said:

I’m so envious! They told me today that they could find my transcript and to resend it. Such a slow process! Congrats! 

Thank you! And yes, it is hard to be so on top of everything then to have something that you have no control over slow you down 😕 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abhowe89 said:

#knowyourfutureteammates

I am the ACE Charge Nurse in a very busy ER. I have been a nurse since 2013. I started in the ER as a ER tech and EMT in 2009. I have also charged in the ICU and was a rapid response nurse as well. I am the single mom of 3 kids. I live in Lubbock TX.

#knowyourfutureteammates

• Like 3

Wow! You all have very cool experiences! I was going to quote everyone, but I didn't want to make my post excessively long.

I worked at long term care facilities for 2 years as a CNA but started a new job in October at a residential treatment program for troubled boys as the medical coordinator under the NP.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

I am the ACE Charge Nurse in a very busy ER. I have been a nurse since 2013. I started in the ER as a ER tech and EMT in 2009. I have also charged in the ICU and was a rapid response nurse as well. I am the single mom of 3 kids. I live in Lubbock TX.

#knowyourfutureteammates

You are a rockstar!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Audmichelle said:

to the people that have gotten interviews already. did yall get the invite before or after you took your casper exam? I didn't know if they waited until they got the scores or what not before they handed out interviews.

I got mine after I took the casper test but I took the Casper test on May 7 so I took that before my application was even verified. But some other people got an interview invite without their casper being done yet. I don’t think that it affects the interview invite but I think that they said last cohort they didn’t put out an acceptance until the Casper was done but I’m not sure about that for this year either. Since it is recommended but not mandatory 🤷🏻‍♀️

26 minutes ago, Audmichelle said:

to the people that have gotten interviews already. did yall get the invite before or after you took your casper exam? I didn't know if they waited until they got the scores or what not before they handed out interviews.

I got an invite before i took the exam

6 minutes ago, Abhowe89 said:

I got an invite before i took the exam

17 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

I got mine after I took the casper test but I took the Casper test on May 7 so I took that before my application was even verified. But some other people got an interview invite without their casper being done yet. I don’t think that it affects the interview invite but I think that they said last cohort they didn’t put out an acceptance until the Casper was done but I’m not sure about that for this year either. Since it is recommended but not mandatory 🤷🏻‍♀️

okay thank you! I submitted my app yesterday, verified this morning, and then got an email from Yale a little after saying that my application is under review. I took my casper test today. how long did it take from your application being under review by Yale before you got the interview invite?? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Abhowe89 said:

#knowyourfutureteammates

Fellow CST here too!! I work in a trauma hospital so I take call for everything from hearts to broken bones to ruptured eyes to GSWs but during my regular work shift I specialize in ortho spine and neuro. So fusions and cranis all week with a mixed bag in the nights and weekends. I don't do a lot of plastics but a new surgeon just started at our hospital who is a cranial facial spastics surgeon and he's "selected" me to tech for him so I think I'll be learning a lot more about BSSOs and Le Forts.

I'm in the Austin, TX area which has no PA school 😞 and my husband's job is here along with both our families who are the child care for us so Yale's online program is my only bet for PA school. I had this dream of being a PA but never thought I could due to school locations but when I found this program it opened the door for me. 

I'm so excited to "meet" you guys!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hkane said:

Fellow CST here too!! I work in a trauma hospital so I take call for everything from hearts to broken bones to ruptured eyes to GSWs but during my regular work shift I specialize in ortho spine and neuro. So fusions and cranis all week with a mixed bag in the nights and weekends. I don't do a lot of plastics but a new surgeon just started at our hospital who is a cranial facial spastics surgeon and he's "selected" me to tech for him so I think I'll be learning a lot more about BSSOs and Le Forts.

I'm in the Austin, TX area which has no PA school 😞 and my husband's job is here along with both our families who are the child care for us so Yale's online program is my only bet for PA school. I had this dream of being a PA but never thought I could due to school locations but when I found this program it opened the door for me. 

I'm so excited to "meet" you guys!

Whoohoo CST! That is so awesome, I love trauma surgery (Obviously not

for the patient haha) It’s really nice

to be connecting with potentially future classmates. Especially so many parents! 

4 minutes ago, Paramedic2pa222 said:

I am critical care paramedic in NC and I work for two busy critical care services. I have been in emergency medicine for over 21 years and have been anything from a firefighter paramedic all the way to a critical care paramedic.

Hello fellow paramedic. 🙂

Happy EMS week.

Hello everyone!

I have a question about the program essays in caspa. Did everyone utilize all the characters allowed? For one of the questions I am struggling at reaching the character limit. I don't want to write too little but also don't want to be repetitive, any advice? 

Also, congrats to everyone who has submitted, you all are awesome!!! 

1 hour ago, Mimi2019 said:

Hello everyone!

I have a question about the program essays in caspa. Did everyone utilize all the characters allowed? For one of the questions I am struggling at reaching the character limit. I don't want to write too little but also don't want to be repetitive, any advice? 

I did not use every character on every essay. The personal essay I sure did but not all the others. I didn’t want it to be full of fluff or seemed forced. 

4 hours ago, Audmichelle said:

I got an invite before taking casper. I take casper on June 4th, the day after my interview.

9 hours ago, Mimi2019 said:

Hello everyone!

On average, I used about 500 characters less than the max. I agree with @Krystalized, once I had said what I wanted to say, I didn't want to fluff it up just to give them more to read. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1