3 hours ago, yanga1 said:

just received my rejection email today as well. My email mentioned my application was strong. Did anyone received the same email stating their application was strong too? 

626135FE-2AEA-4C58-8171-E176ABBAF87C.jpeg

My email had the same exact wording, plus eight numbered suggestions to strengthen my application for next year, if desired. Excellent school/program, and a classy reply to provide soft let-down and encourage reapplication next year for those that weren't enrolled in a program this year.

21 hours ago, SaraM57 said:

I received my rejection email today (it was very kindly and tactfully written, I must say), so it appears they've at least begun with the final steps of the process.

Congrats to all of you that have interviewed and received acceptance or been waitlisted, and also to those that were qualified but weren't able to be offered an interview. The email said that they had a record number of candidates this year, so their decision-making process must've been difficult (I don't envy their position with having to thoroughly vet all those applications and choose who to interview and who to pass on).

Best wishes to everyone for success on your individual PA path! 😊

sorry to hear that. hang in there. did you have an interview? 

On 11/7/2019 at 1:28 PM, oan14 said:

sorry to hear that. hang in there. did you have an interview? 

Thanks! I didn't interview at Augsburg, but I work often with several alumni that are very well qualified and adept in the field (hence my comments about Augsburg's high quality).

I fortunately had an interview at a school out of state that really fits with my goals (e.g. students work with the community right away in the first year) - still waiting to hear from them on their decision. Everything will work out with time and patience. 😊

Best wishes to you and all the other candidates!

P.S. Yay, I was offered a seat at the out-of-state school I interviewed at!

To those that didn't make it into their chosen programs this year: Please don't let it get you down, and try again next year, maybe apply to other programs that weren't on your list this year. You may be surprised at where you end up, maybe at a different school than you originally planned, or you find one that ideally fits your personal goals the best. I'll be moving across the country with my husband and two kids (ages 8 and 10, who are very excited) -- unexpected twist, but should be a fun and interesting experience for everyone.

Edited by SaraM57
  • Like 3

Hi everyone, 

I also received the same email. I applied five schools, so far I have only  one waitlist, which indicates my chance is very minimal to be accepted this cycle.  I'm wondering if we can create a group and work together for the next cycle. Now we have a lot of experience we can share and guide each other. Let me know if you are interested. I wish you all all the best 🥰

I also would like to say congratulation  who are accepted this cycle. 

• Like 6

I also haven’t gotten an interview or a rejection. I emailed today this is what I got: 

We have completed two rounds of in-person Interview Days.  We may or may not have a third interview day after the first of the year.

Your application has been reviewed by our admissions committee and your candidacy is still under consideration.

so no rejection is good! I wonder if they have their class full and are waiting to see if people opt out of their acceptance and then they will send out more interviews? Can’t tell the strategy here. Just hoping for good news! Hope this helps others still waiting 

14 hours ago, LRitchS said:

Hey everyone, sorry I fell off the grid for a while! I offered to make a facebook group a while back but haven't gotten around to it just yet. Before I do so, do we know if anyone else has made one? I don't want to make a duplicate.

I don't believe so. Just looked up on fb again and didn't see any.

On 11/11/2019 at 9:10 PM, LRitchS said:

Hey everyone, sorry I fell off the grid for a while! I offered to make a facebook group a while back but haven't gotten around to it just yet. Before I do so, do we know if anyone else has made one? I don't want to make a duplicate.

Just checked in to ask that, there doesn't seem to be any.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:00 AM, HelaAspiringPA said:

Hi everyone, 

I also received the same email. I applied five schools, so far I have only  one waitlist, which indicates my chance is very minimal to be accepted this cycle.  I'm wondering if we can create a group and work together for the next cycle. Now we have a lot of experience we can share and guide each other. Let me know if you are interested. I wish you all all the best 🥰

I also would like to say congratulation  who are accepted this cycle. 

Hi! I'm interested!

Should I DM you to share our contact info?

• 3 weeks later...

Alright everyone I finally made the facebook group! I've made it private so only those accepted are approved to join. To ensure it's only those accepted, should I include "security" questions people need to pass to get into the group? And if so, any ideas on what questions to ask? I was thinking something along the lines of "who emailed you your offer of acceptance into the PA program?".

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/3/2019 at 6:14 PM, LRitchS said:

Alright everyone I finally made the facebook group! I've made it private so only those accepted are approved to join. To ensure it's only those accepted, should I include "security" questions people need to pass to get into the group? And if so, any ideas on what questions to ask? I was thinking something along the lines of "who emailed you your offer of acceptance into the PA program?".

I was just called today with acceptance call! I am so excited to be attending this program. What is the facebook page to join? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SDakotaPAgirl said:

I was just called today with acceptance call! I am so excited to be attending this program. What is the facebook page to join? 

Just got a call today for acceptance. Would be stoked on joining chats or groups with people. Looking forward to meeting y’all. Congrats!

• Upvote 2