The deadline for applications was moved up 1 month to August 1st, compared to September 1st in years past. Does anyone know if Augsburg is planning to start interviews in September instead of October? 

No, I wish! We should keep each other updated on that front. I'm not too optimistic about my chances. Good luck guys!

I was told from students of the program that they are quick to let you know they are not interested in your app., but give short notice for an interview. If you have not been rejected yet, be optimistic! They are likely considering you as a strong candidate!

I was told from students of the program that they are quick to let you know they are not interested in your app., but give short notice for an interview. If you have not been rejected yet, be optimistic! They are likely considering you as a strong candidate!

Hi everyone, I was in your shoes last year and know how nerve racking the wait is! It seems like the first few acceptances in our group began in late October. Augs continued interviewing and finalizing the cohort into February. To give an idea of timing, I got an interview offer on 11/26, interviewed 12/2 and got a decision 12/19. Good luck!

• Upvote 2

Congrats! When did they invite you to visit for the info session? Do you know if they consider attending the info session as part of the interview process?

PAFields the first info session is tomorrow evening, Oct 16th. The info session is optional and they tell you at the time of your interview invite that it will have no affect on their decision of whether or not to accept you. I spoke with the program coordinator yesterday who told me that the admission board would be meeting in the next week or so to discuss who they're going to accept from the first pool of interviews. The perspective students who interviewed this month that do not receive offers will be placed in the pool with the group of perspectives who will be interviewed in November and will be reconsider after the next round of interviews. This process will continue through January/February. I  hope this helps!

• Upvote 1

Has anyone who interviewed heard back from them at all? I was told that the committee would meet on the 20th to discuss interviews and then make choices shortly after to determine who is on the waiting list vs who was accepted. I haven't heard anything yet.

I heard the admissions committee will be meeting on Oct 29th and if you are accepted this round you'll hear on the 30th. The wait is so tough!

Just got an acceptance call this afternoon!

I couldn't attend an information session, however, so I'm hoping I can set that up soon. 

Good luck to the rest of you!

If you are not offered a seat this go around, does Augsburg officially put you on a waitlist and communicate to this to you?  In other words, if I have already interviewed will I hear something about my status one way or another this week since they have started to offer seats?

I'm pretty sure that you won't hear anything back yet, because they will review your application again with the next round of interviews. Not entirely positive, but that's what I've gathered.