21 hours ago, LRitchS said:

I can make one if one hasn't already been made!

Hi, I can't wait to see you all in class next year! I've searched for groups on fb and found only the official Augsburg University PA group. I'd say just go ahead and create one for our class of 2022? I will happily join!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I also received an invitation to interview for the 25th. I sent my RSVP but have not received anymore information. Has anyone who received an invite received any thing else after the RSVP? Im traveling out of state and trying to make accommodations, some more information would be helpful. Thank you (:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, sydcorn said:

I also received an invitation to interview for the 25th. I sent my RSVP but have not received anymore information. Has anyone who received an invite received any thing else after the RSVP? Im traveling out of state and trying to make accommodations, some more information would be helpful. Thank you 🙂

I haven't received anything else after sending in the RSVP. It sounds like the last group didn't get any information right away either. 

Edited by olipajoli
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, HelaAspiringPA said:

Congratulations ! 

Would you mind sharing your GPA and Patient care hours, shadowing, volunteering hours please ? Your response will help us where we are and to be hopeful. I applied almost two days before due date. 

Thanks 

My stats are on the lower side but thought I'd share to help others out! 

sGPA: 3.56, cGPA: 3.41

PCH's: direct experience is about 3000 hours as a phlebotomist and extra 1500 working as a scribe

2800 hours of healthcare experience as a medical technologist

120 hours of shadowing various PA's in multiple different specialties

I think my strong letters of recommendation,medical volunteer trip abroad and my undergrad and work experience as a medical technologist are what make up for my low GPA. 

Edited by FuturePA091011
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, FuturePA091011 said:

My stats are on the lower side but thought I'd share to help others out! 

sGPA: 3.56, cGPA: 3.41

PCH's: direct experience is about 3000 hours as a phlebotomist and extra 1500 working as a scribe

2800 hours of healthcare experience as a medical technologist

120 hours of shadowing various PA's in multiple different specialties

I think my strong letters of recommendation,medical volunteer trip abroad and my undergrad and work experience as a medical technologist are what make up for my low GPA. 

Whoohoo! Glad to hear an MT got an invite! I just recently finished my MT degree. Congrats and hope all goes well!!

23 hours ago, FuturePA091011 said:

Wow that is awesome to hear there are other med tech's applying to PA school! I have yet to find any pre-PA students who have a degree in medical technology until now. I'm glad I'm not the only one! Good luck to you guys!

Also an MT here! Good luck, you'll do great. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/7/2019 at 10:19 AM, Alinka said:

Also an MT here! Good luck, you'll do great. 

Also a med tech applying!!  So far I’ve received 3 interviews, and every school has loved the uniqueness of my application. We most definitely have an imperative role in patient care, as we work hand in hand with doctors in helping to diagnose our patients! Proud of the contributions we preform as med techs!

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 7:24 PM, HelaAspiringPA said:

Congratulations ! 

Would you mind sharing your GPA and Patient care hours, shadowing, volunteering hours please ? Your response will help us where we are and to be hopeful. I applied almost two days before due date. 

Thanks 

cGPA: 3.82

sGPA: 3.78

BCP: 3.63

PCE: ~1900 in hospital as a CNA, ~2000 in home care as a PCA

Shadow: 16 hours 

GRE: 161 verbal (88%), 154 quant (53%), 4.5 analytical (81%) 

Edited by ryannie

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:32 PM, LRitchS said:

I can make one if one hasn't already been made!

What's it called? I'd like to join! I interviewed in the Thursday morning session end of September. Got a call the next day and my first deposit is paid.

Thrilled to be starting at Augsburg this May.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2019 at 8:27 AM, sydcorn said:

Hey everyone, I received an email for an interview on Oct. 25th. Can anyone share some insight on what types of interview they use? Thank you(:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, there are 2 group interviews. You are in a group with 2 other people and you sit down and have a very conversational interview with 2 faculty members. Each interview lasts about 30 minutes or so. Other than that, there is a Q&A session and tour of the campus.

• Like 2

Hello everyone, 

Do you recommend  emailing them to know the status of my application ? My GPA is 3.6 with 2000 hrs DPC and over 100 volunteering hours, 48 hrs of PA and MD shadowing. I applied  the last date. Is the October 25th interview is the last session. I just need to know if I should give up.

Any suggestion appreciated !

Thank you!

2 hours ago, HelaAspiringPA said:

Hello everyone, 

Do you recommend  emailing them to know the status of my application ? My GPA is 3.6 with 2000 hrs DPC and over 100 volunteering hours, 48 hrs of PA and MD shadowing. I applied  the last date. Is the October 25th interview is the last session. I just need to know if I should give up.

Any suggestion appreciated !

Thank you!

too am waiting for an update regarding the status of my application. Since I haven't received a flat out rejection from them yet, I can remain optimistic that my application is still being reviewed and considered. I know it's difficult, but I'd sit tight! 

• Like 1