2015-2016 Augsburg College Application Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! My name is Fay! I applied for the Augsburg Physician Assistant Studies Program, and have been on this forum for quite some time. I thought this would be a good time to just write a post, and get to know other candidates and (hopefully) matriculates for Fall 2016. Thank you Tenesha for your post, and hopefully we can keep each other in the loop like you've said! faPA35, I have not received a confirmation email either from Augsburg....

Anyone have any updates? 

Augsburg is currently moving to a brand-new department this week. This is probably putting a freeze on the application process at this time. Interviews typically don't start till October, so try to be patient. I know it's hard! If you have any questions in the meantime, let me know. I am a current student. In regards to moving, the PA program will be located on Luther Seminary's Campus in St. Paul starting next week. It is an exciting upgrade for the program!

• 2 weeks later...

I have not heard back at all from Augsburg wondering if I should be worried? I didn't even receive a confirmation email when CASPA was verified or when I submitted the secondary.

I received a confirmation email when I submitted my supplemental. I don't remember when I submitted it, but I'm sure it was within 2 weeks.

I received the email regarding the reception of the supplemental app way back when it was mailed it (just before my CASPA was verified), and I'm getting a wee bit nervous that I have not received the email saying the CASPA portion of the app was also received. They sent back an automated email saying my email was one of many and that they would answer it according to when my email was received.

But now, is it a matter of the program sending out app review notifications to only those who made it through the "first hurdle" aka the competitive apps? Or do they notify every single applicant? 

This waiting game is quite the marathon! 

Good luck to everyone~ 

Hi all, 

Has anyone, either experienced or still pending statuses, been told exactly how applicants are notified? If they do adhere to their supposed/rumored schedule of notifying applicants near the end of September, do they both email and call applicants they wish to interview? I've been refreshing my inbox like it's my job, but am quite sure it is still considered a bit early for notifications to go out.

Thanks!

I know how you guys feel. The wait game is practically consuming me, not just for Augsburg, but for other programs that I'm applying to. 

I sent my CASPA in mid June, had it verified I think in early July, taking about 4 weeks to verify. I submitted the supplemental application the same week of when my CASPA was verified. Shortly thereafter, I got an email that my supplemental was received along with the check, hence I took that as the sign that my application was complete. I got another email that my application was under review, it took some time so it will happen. 

Now I have a question for anyone who has received an interview offer. I don't know if Augsburg has a rolling basis, my suspicion is that they do this, but I'm worried about the timeline of things. When do you typically receive interview offers? I heard that it can go well into January or February. Did I submit my application too late? 

I know how you guys feel. The wait game is practically consuming me, not just for Augsburg, but for other programs that I'm applying to. 

I sent my CASPA in mid June, had it verified I think in early July, taking about 4 weeks to verify. I submitted the supplemental application the same week of when my CASPA was verified. Shortly thereafter, I got an email that my supplemental was received along with the check, hence I took that as the sign that my application was complete. I got another email that my application was under review, it took some time so it will happen. 

Now I have a question for anyone who has received an interview offer. I don't know if Augsburg has a rolling basis, my suspicion is that they do this, but I'm worried about the timeline of things. When do you typically receive interview offers? I heard that it can go well into January or February. Did I submit my application too late? 

From what I have seen on other forums, posts, and heard from speaking with current Augsburg PA students at my job, they typically alert applicants at the "end of September" and that telephone interviews will proceed to begin filling seats up through the months of October, November, and January. There is NO rolling admission for Augsburg as was stated during their info session! 

Here is what I have written down as notes from their info session I attended: 

There are major points of the application process broken down into this timeline: 

1) Aug 1st: finalize file and start reviewing for those applications that are ready 

2) October: Interview and begin offering seats, non-selected students are "rolled" to their "still-building" pool 

3) November: same process

4) January: offer final seats

5) February (first week of): all applicants are given final status of acceptance or rejection

For those lucky to receive a telephone interview, they typically last 30 minutes in which the candidate is invited to interview on campus. 

Hope that helps!! Best of luck to everyone~~ 

Archived