• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, oan14 said:

Has anyone had an email confirmation that the school is reviewing their app? I submitted both the CASPA and supp in the beginning of May and haven’t heard anything. Just got a email saying that’s for the $50 app fee. 

Nothing for me - just confirmation of supplemental being paid

55 minutes ago, oan14 said:

Has anyone had an email confirmation that the school is reviewing their app? I submitted both the CASPA and supp in the beginning of May and haven’t heard anything. Just got a email saying that’s for the $50 app fee. 

Augsburg utilizes a non rolling admission, so you probably won't hear from them until after their deadline of August 1!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, AndrewPowell said:

Just got an email saying my application and supplemental app has been verified!

I just got this now too! Were you verified a while ago? Just wondering because I was CASPA verified in May and just got this now. (I'm hoping I wasn't assuming I was verified when I wasn't!)

• Like 1

Question for everyone! As expected, I’ve accrued more pce hours since applying back in May. Does anyone know if I should contact the school about it so they can update my file, or should I add the additional hours to CASPA? Thanks in advance, and good luck to everyone! I also received the email today about being verified! Very excited! 

18 hours ago, Pagirl4023 said:

Question for everyone! As expected, I’ve accrued more pce hours since applying back in May. Does anyone know if I should contact the school about it so they can update my file, or should I add the additional hours to CASPA? Thanks in advance, and good luck to everyone! I also received the email today about being verified! Very excited! 

I was also wondering this....I think I'm going to add them on CASPA with the word "update" in parenthesis following that- which is what a school recommended last year-then I'll hit the "update application" button on CASPA. Not sure if I want to bother schools by emailing them...but if someone has had positive feedback from emailing the schools I'd love to hear that too!

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, EashleighPAtobe said:

Anyone else get the email that Augsburg has an accreditation-probation status? Yikes. I know its still an amazing program, but I wonder what happened...

Yep. I appreciate that they addressed it though. I'm curious as well. I'm sure they will address this at the interviews?

I don’t think this is a good news because if you were accepted and you started  on summer 2020, you would be in big problem if Augsburg’s program lost their accreditation summer 2021.. the whole class would be in terrible and might drop out. It’s good they mentioned on the email, but it’s risky and unsafe for us. Just in my opinion,  If anyone get accepted somewhere else and the program accreditation is in good status, you should take it no matter how good Augsburg is. 

Edited by Rm770

7 hours ago, Rm770 said:

I don’t think this is a good news because if you were accepted and you started  on summer 2020, you would be in big problem if Augsburg’s program lost their accreditation summer 2021.. the whole class would be in terrible and might drop out. It’s good they mentioned on the email, but it’s risky and unsafe for us. Just in my opinion,  If anyone get accepted somewhere else and the program accreditation is in good status, you should take it no matter how good Augsburg is. 

I disagree. Augsburg released a statement that specifically states they are still an accredited program during this time and that prospective students can still graduate and take the national boards. Nothing changes while under review, I just think they may have had an issue with reporting data properly leading them to a "probation" status. Augsburg is still a great program- educating very competent and successful PAs- and I don't think this status should deter you from applying or accepting a spot. If I were accepted, I would still be very excited to be part of their program (but that's just my opinion-which is why I applied to this program in the first place). 

3545.PNG

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EashleighPAtobe said:

I disagree. Augsburg released a statement that specifically states they are still an accredited program during this time and that prospective students can still graduate and take the national boards. Nothing changes while under review, I just think they may have had an issue with reporting data properly leading them to a "probation" status. Augsburg is still a great program- educating very competent and successful PAs- and I don't think this status should deter you from applying or accepting a spot. If I were accepted, I would still be very excited to be part of their program (but that's just my opinion-which is why I applied to this program in the first place). 

3545.PNG

You are correct in that nothing changes for current or prospective students while under review. According to the ARC-PA, probationary accreditation is still an active accreditation status, meaning all students who start a program under probationary accreditation are eligible to sit for the PANCE exam. If for some reason Augsburg were to lose accreditation at their next review, it would not affect their current students or students applying this cycle, because they would have already matriculated while under an active accreditation status and would be able to take the boards. Plus, Augsburg’s program is a well-established program having been around since 1995, and the email we received sounded like they were on top of making any improvements necessary to gain back their continued accreditation, so it seems like we don’t have much to worry about!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone that applied to Augsburg did not receive the email that they were placed on accreditation probation? I did receive an email earlier this summer from Augsburg stating my application was verified and complete so I know they have my correct email address. Should I be worried that I didn’t receive it? I even went back and checked my junk email and still received nothing.

2 minutes ago, TaylorRose said:

I was wondering if anyone that applied to Augsburg did not receive the email that they were placed on accreditation probation? I did receive an email earlier this summer from Augsburg stating my application was verified and complete so I know they have my correct email address. Should I be worried that I didn’t receive it? I even went back and checked my junk email and still received nothing.

I too did not get an email regarding the accreditation status.

12 hours ago, TaylorRose said:

I would not be worried if you received an email from them stating that your application is complete!