UNT 2019-2020 application cycle

22 hours ago, anaira18 said:

Has anyone had issues with their Organic Chemistry prerequisite? I got an email from them saying they will not accept my Orgo class. I took both Orgo I and II with labs but my university happens to put them in the 200-level, and they emailed me saying I need to complete an upper-level Organic Chemistry, which in my university only Chemistry majors actually take.

I also took Gen Chem II (unfortunately also 200 level) that I think they might accept so I'll ask but wondering if anyone else got an email/issue from this?

EDIT: Got it figured out, nvm

Hey just wondering- did they accept your Orgo class? I also took orgo with a lab, but it wasn't "upper level." Hope I don't run into the same problem too. 

3 hours ago, Haley124 said:

Hey just wondering- did they accept your Orgo class? I also took orgo with a lab, but it wasn't "upper level." Hope I don't run into the same problem too. 

They did! From the email, they only accepted my Orgo II, not Orgo I. My college is weird and doesn't call it Orgo, which was the issue.  I think it was also not accepted at first because my college puts both Orgos in the 200-level, so it looked even more lower-level. After I cleared it up and sent the course description it was fine.

6 hours ago, Hmhguy95 said:

@AshleyB Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats? I was under review 6/5 so I’m really anxious to hear back. This is my second time applying to UNT. 

This is my second time too.

I graduated from Austin College with a degree in Biology

GRE: 296

Cum GPA: 3.56

non-science GPA: 3.75

Science GPA: 3.43

HCE: 354 (hospital and hospice volunteer) 

PCE: 187 at time of application. (I am a nurse aide/tech)

other volunteering: ~60

Shadowing: 138

Piano teaching experience: 2000+

Also had many extracurricular hours for playing in symphonies/orchestras

For everyone doubting themselves, this just goes to show you that you do not have to have the best stats to earn an interview! However, I do feel that my essay was very strong this year compared to last.

3 hours ago, 1stgenPA said:

@AshleyB

Congrats! 

what did you do differently that you feel helped you? 

Thanks! I completely rewrote my personal statement and I really feel that it was so much better than my essay from last year (and you always hear people say its the essay that gets you the interview). I was able to pull a lot of experiences from my job as a nurse aide/tech which I feel strengthened my essay a lot. Also, my previous essay focused on why I would be a good PA and my new one focused more on why I want to be a PA. As far as my application, I  did not have any PCE last time and barely had any HCE so I really focused on getting more hours!

• Upvote 1

Just got my interview invitation for September 21st!! Is anyone else interviewing in the afternoon (12-3:30)? Good luck to everyone else applying!! 🙂 

submitted on CASPA on 6/25, was verified 6/27, and received an "application under review" email from UNT on 7/11 (i realized i forgot to pay the supplemental application fee, which is why it was so late after my submission)

2 hours ago, Hookemhorns said:

Just got my interview invitation for September 21st!! Is anyone else interviewing in the afternoon (12-3:30)? Good luck to everyone else applying!! 🙂 

submitted on CASPA on 6/25, was verified 6/27, and received an "application under review" email from UNT on 7/11 (i realized i forgot to pay the supplemental application fee, which is why it was so late after my submission)

Congratulations!! Would you mind if I asked what your stats are? No worries if you don’t wanna disclose!:)

6 hours ago, caseyv said:

Congratulations!! Would you mind if I asked what your stats are? No worries if you don’t wanna disclose!:)

Thank you so much! And no I don't mind at all! 

Cumulative GPA: 3.72

Non-science GPA: 3.74

Science GPA: 3.70

HCE: 84 hours

PCE: 848 hours (worked as a Medical Assistant) 

Volunteering: 73 hours

Shadowing: 26 hours

I wish you the best of luck! 🙂

On 7/18/2019 at 1:21 PM, FuturePAyeee said:

Are you sure you got your under review on July 11th? It seems way past the time frame of everyone else getting interviews on here. Trying to see where I stand on review. 

21 minutes ago, EnnaF said:

Do y'all believe its too late for me to get an interview? I just sent my application and I haven't even got it verified yet.

Not at all. The application hasn’t even closed yet. I wouldn’t panic. You’ll hear from them later, but I wouldn’t just say you’re out of getting an interview. It’s still too early. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, astoldbykarina said:

Not at all. The application hasn’t even closed yet. I wouldn’t panic. You’ll hear from them later, but I wouldn’t just say you’re out of getting an interview. It’s still too early. 

Thanks this makes me feel much better! I took too long on my personal statement and loss track of time.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2019 at 11:59 PM, EnnaF said:

Thanks this makes me feel much better! I took too long on my personal statement and loss track of time.

Enna, that's me, plus I waited longer for my GRE.

I'm still finishing a Micro class, and thought I should wait until I finished to submit, but I talked to admissions and they said to get it in by the end of July, which is what they call "the end of early." Good luck! 

Just now seeing this forum!!

CASPA submitted May 4

CASPA verified May 20

Paid supplemental fee May 30

Interview Offered May 31 - Excited to meet everyone doing the afternoon session!

Still needed two pre reqs at time of application! Just finished one and working on the last one now.

Edited by FuturePA2518