UNT 2019-2020 application cycle

4 hours ago, dsmith12 said:

Howdy, 

Mine was under review during the aforementioned time frame and I received any interview invitation this morning. Chose to do morning on Sept 21st

Cheers, 

D

What day were you under review? Because it seems like people who have received an invite so far were all under review the first week of June.

51 minutes ago, Curivity said:

What compelled you guys to apply to UNT specifically, or did you guys apply to all the Texas schools? 

I really want to go to PA school in Texas, but I'm only applying to UNT, UT-Southwestern, and Baylor. UNT seems like it has a really genuine community and faculty and Fort Worth is a great area.

• Like 1

I’ve heard that unt does not extend interview invites to those who make below a B in any pre req course. The only C I ever made in undergrad was intro chem. I looked at their website and they don’t specifically list general chemistry as a pre req even though organic chem is (made a B in that course). So would gen chem be considered a listed pre req by unt? 

18 hours ago, Hmhguy95 said:

I’ve heard that unt does not extend interview invites to those who make below a B in any pre req course. The only C I ever made in undergrad was intro chem. I looked at their website and they don’t specifically list general chemistry as a pre req even though organic chem is (made a B in that course). So would gen chem be considered a listed pre req by unt? 

I have the same question! 

Has anyone had issues with their Organic Chemistry prerequisite? I got an email from them saying they will not accept my Orgo class. I took both Orgo I and II with labs but my university happens to put them in the 200-level, and they emailed me saying I need to complete an upper-level Organic Chemistry, which in my university only Chemistry majors actually take.

I also took Gen Chem II (unfortunately also 200 level) that I think they might accept so I'll ask but wondering if anyone else got an email/issue from this?

EDIT: Got it figured out, nvm

Edited by anaira18