North Carolina Campbell PA applicants 2019-2020 upcoming cycle

On 8/12/2019 at 11:18 AM, Googlebrain said:

I interviewed on the 9th. We had a big information meeting with all the applicants then split up into groups of 6-8 students I think (my group had 6). We had a tour of the campus, informational meeting about what sets Campbell apart, a group activity, and then a 2-1 interview (2 faculty, 1 interviewee). Ultimately the day was pretty relaxed and the staff was awesome. They seem to genuinely care about their students and they just want to get to know you during the interview process. I was nervous because it was my first interview but it was very relaxed and is nothing to stress about!

To everyone who's gone through the interview - I just received the interview details email for the 9/6 interview (finally!!! :D), and it mentioned a group interview and an individual interview, so I'm trying to get clarification.

Is it a group interview or a group activity? If it was a group interview, did the faculty and staff ask you questions that had you compare yourself to the other members of your group? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by pqyourpa
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, pqyourpa said:

To everyone who's gone through the interview - I just received the interview details email for the 9/6 interview (finally!!! :D), and it mentioned a group interview and an individual interview, so I'm trying to get clarification.

Is it a group interview or a group activity? If it was a group interview, did the faculty and staff ask you questions that had you compare yourself to the other members of your group? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You are separated into a small group (4 people) and discuss an ethical situation. Then you discuss how you think you worked with each other. There are two evaluators that do not give input, but just evaluate your interactions. I hope this helped!

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 11:20 AM, pqyourpa said:

Hey! I'll also be interviewing on Sept 6! I'll send you a PM 🙂

In terms of the photo release, I assumed that it was for the interview day and I filled in the date for 9/6/19 and sent it to Shanetta. 

I have an interview 9/6 as well, but was not aware of a photo release form.  Where can I get this form?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NiYa13 said:

You are separated into a small group (4 people) and discuss an ethical situation. Then you discuss how you think you worked with each other. There are two evaluators that do not give input, but just evaluate your interactions. I hope this helped!

Thanks for this insight, NiYa! Oooooh I'm excited!!

8 hours ago, vpcloud said:

I have an interview 9/6 as well, but was not aware of a photo release form.  Where can I get this form?

Wes emailed them to us. I'll send it to you in a PM 🙂 I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post them on the internet lol. 

1 hour ago, vpcloud said:

The hurricane has shifted and looks like it MAY come to the Carolinas late next week.  

giphy.gif

I hope not!!!!

On 8/12/2019 at 3:05 PM, hellofellowapplicants said:

Just got the call from Wes! Been accepted to the PA/MPH program!!

I just got an interview invite for the PA/MPH program for 9/20. Any insight to what the MPH portion of the interview was like? Or info on how the dual program works? (is there more or less seats, etc) TIA! Congratulations!

12 hours ago, GDSPA said:

I just got an interview invite for the PA/MPH program for 9/20. Any insight to what the MPH portion of the interview was like? Or info on how the dual program works? (is there more or less seats, etc) TIA! Congratulations!

The dual program is great- the interview process is the same. However during your 1:1 you’ll have a public health professor also sitting in on your interview. They award ~6 seats to dual students. In regards to how it works you’ll do a year of public health courses fall, spring, and summer and have about a week off until pa starts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kmanring said:

The dual program is great- the interview process is the same. However during your 1:1 you’ll have a public health professor also sitting in on your interview. They award ~6 seats to dual students. In regards to how it works you’ll do a year of public health courses fall, spring, and summer and have about a week off until pa starts.

Thanks so much! do they also question you or just listen to your answers with the PA staff?