North Carolina Campbell PA applicants 2019-2020 upcoming cycle

• ClarissaB changed the title to North Carolina Campbell PA applicants 2019-2020 upcoming cycle
39 minutes ago, PQNguyen said:

Do you remember of what the supplemental application consisted?

I don't remember what it consisted of sorry.  I do remember having to take the CASPer test last year.  It consists of videos you watch and have to answer questions and there were some written out scenarios as well and having to answer questions.  I did not study for that test as it is more about just being honest in how you would handle situations.  All of my scenarios were non-medical ones but the overall scenarios are what I would describe as real world ones.  Believe you can go to the CASPer home page to learn more about the test.

1 hour ago, PQNguyen said:

Do you remember of what the supplemental application consisted?

I do not remember exactly what was on the supplemental application, I remember it was easy though, basic information I believe....and it was a separate fee of $50. The CASPer also was pretty easy and straight forward. Scenario-based ethical sort of questions like Pacman PA mentioned, no studying required for it. You can google/youtube that for more info. I think it is $25 also and is only offered twice a month online. If I remember correctly once you apply to Campbell, they will send you an email link to sign up for the test.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 11:17 AM, Packman PA said:

Hey guys.  I will be starting at Campbell this coming fall.  If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them and help if I can.  Good luck everyone 👍

Hey Packman PA! I applied to Campbell last year and was rejected. I applied for their Hprep program in May and just received a rejection from that. I am from the midwest, not the coast. Is that important to them? Campbell is my #1 school but I don't want to waste my time applying again if they can't even accept me for the HPrep. Did you get any insight as to what really mattered to them during interviews? 

22 hours ago, AAschwaegel said:

Hey Packman PA! I applied to Campbell last year and was rejected. I applied for their Hprep program in May and just received a rejection from that. I am from the midwest, not the coast. Is that important to them? Campbell is my #1 school but I don't want to waste my time applying again if they can't even accept me for the HPrep. Did you get any insight as to what really mattered to them during interviews? 

Hey AAschwaegel,

I’m sorry to hear about your rejections.  I know for a fact there are some in my class from Utah,Texas and florida so in state does not matter to them.  They were suppose to have a web q&a I believe today where you could log on and ask questions and get answers from the school.  Sorry I don’t have the link and believe it’s 4-5 est but don’t quote me on that.  I myself got rejected from Campbell the first time and just took more post bac science courses to help my gpa and drive to learn medicine.  I took pathophysiology and endocrinology.   

1 hour ago, George16 said:

Packman PA do you mind if I ask your patient hours and type? Prereq gpa?

George,

My patient hours were from the Air Force as a medic/medical lab tech over 4 years active duty back in 92-96.  I then did volunteer hours at the ER.   My prerequisite gpa was roughly a 3.8.   Feel free to ask me anything else.  

59 minutes ago, dottie7 said:

Where do most Campbell PA students live? I want to apply but will have a dog so not really sure what the options are.

Dottie7

I myself will be commuting from raleigh but know a lot of students are getting apartments near the campus about 15-20 mins away.  Not sure if any have a dog but I’m sure some of the places allow dogs just have to pay pet fee 

13 hours ago, MW2017 said:

Wow, I'm glad this thread has gotten started! I'm thinking about applying to Campbell as an out-of-state option. Does anyone know how many out-of-state spots Campbell offer out of the 54 seats? I tried looking on their site but couldn't find any stats of sort.

MW2017

As far as I know there is no certain number they stick to when it comes to out of state students.  I know of a few in my class starting in July that are from Utah, Texas, Florida to name a few and sure there are more.  If I were you I would just see if your current stats are close to the class profile.  Feel free to ask me any questions and will help if I can.  Good luck

• Like 1