North Carolina Campbell PA applicants 2019-2020 upcoming cycle

On 7/10/2019 at 3:26 PM, ClearyPA said:

Hello everyone! I submitted my application and supplemental well over a month ago and haven't received word that my file is complete. Has everyone who has submitted received some sort of email?

I submitted back in May and never got an email stating my file was complete, didn't realize I should have gotten one until I saw people on here discussing it. I then spent about a week and a half trying to get ahold of someone there about it. They didn't return my emails and no one answered my calls for several days. Finally got ahold of someone and then they finally sent me my confirmation just a few minutes later. 

Kind of frustrated because I applied so early and then still missed out on the first interview date because of the error, which I'm sure puts me at a slight disadvantage. But I got an interview invitation for 8/21, so I still have a chance!

Edited by mattsully

2 hours ago, qwerty0984 said:

Thank you, that's quite a few people! How did you feel about the experience? 

Ultimately disappointing because I didn't get in! But the experience itself was good. Everyone seemed very nice and it was a pretty relaxed environment - no one was trying to trick you or trip you up. They seemed to just want to get to know you and see how you interact with your (potential) colleagues. 

14 hours ago, mattsully said:

I submitted back in May and never got an email stating my file was complete, didn't realize I should have gotten one until I saw people on here discussing it. I then spent about a week and a half trying to get ahold of someone there about it. They didn't return my emails and no one answered my calls for several days. Finally got ahold of someone and then they finally sent me my confirmation just a few minutes later. 

Kind of frustrated because I applied so early and then still missed out on the first interview date because of the error, which I'm sure puts me at a slight disadvantage. But I got an interview invitation for 8/21, so I still have a chance!

Did your "confirmation email" just say "Thank you for applying to the Campbell University physician assistant program" in the subject line? Got that email but haven't heard anything else. 

On 7/26/2019 at 10:48 PM, RegalEagle said:

Did your "confirmation email" just say "Thank you for applying to the Campbell University physician assistant program" in the subject line? Got that email but haven't heard anything else. 

Yes the confirmation email is different. I actually reached out to the school recently, and they sent me a confirmation email about an hour later. A little frustrating but at least they replied in a timely manner. 

23 hours ago, Bananataters said:

Yes the confirmation email is different. I actually reached out to the school recently, and they sent me a confirmation email about an hour later. A little frustrating but at least they replied in a timely manner. 

I ended up having to do the same thing, frustrating! Hopefully it doesn't affect our chance to interview. 

20 hours ago, turnitblue1234 said:

I didn't receive a confirmation email so I tried emailing and did not get a response. I called admissions and he was super helpful and confirmed that they had my full application and would make sure it's reviewed. 

I’m on the same boat as you were.. what phone number were you successful with? I haven’t been able to reach anybody over the phone or email which is so frustrating 

• Like 1

I just received my interview invitation for Sept 6. Is anyone else attending that interview? The interview is from 11:30 am - 4 pm - does that mean that interviews are done by 4 pm or that the last interview is at 4 pm?

Does the program start in July 2020?

Edited by PQNguyen

On 8/8/2019 at 8:49 PM, Packman PA said:

Wanted to say good luck to the people interviewing tomorrow. I’m a current student and can say Campbell is an amazing program and the interview process is not stressful at all.  

Can you share what the interview style was like? Did they ask questions to get to know you personally or was it knowledge-based questions?

On 8/6/2019 at 10:30 AM, jkim1206 said:

I’m on the same boat as you were.. what phone number were you successful with? I haven’t been able to reach anybody over the phone or email which is so frustrating 

Yeah totally. I think I just googled allied health sciences there and was transferred over to the PA school department from someone else. From there, I stated my name and he checked while I was on the phone. I haven't heard anything since then but it's good to know that the application is complete and under review! 

• Upvote 1

On 7/26/2019 at 10:21 PM, ahath said:

Does anyone remember what the interview format was like/what it consisted of?

Thank you!

I interviewed on the 9th. We had a big information meeting with all the applicants then split up into groups of 6-8 students I think (my group had 6). We had a tour of the campus, informational meeting about what sets Campbell apart, a group activity, and then a 2-1 interview (2 faculty, 1 interviewee). Ultimately the day was pretty relaxed and the staff was awesome. They seem to genuinely care about their students and they just want to get to know you during the interview process. I was nervous because it was my first interview but it was very relaxed and is nothing to stress about!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Googlebrain said:

I interviewed on the 9th. We had a big information meeting with all the applicants then split up into groups of 6-8 students I think (my group had 6). We had a tour of the campus, informational meeting about what sets Campbell apart, a group activity, and then a 2-1 interview (2 faculty, 1 interviewee). Ultimately the day was pretty relaxed and the staff was awesome. They seem to genuinely care about their students and they just want to get to know you during the interview process. I was nervous because it was my first interview but it was very relaxed and is nothing to stress about!

Awesome, thanks so much!

12 hours ago, Googlebrain said:

Hi!! 

I’m trying to get a flight to Campbell for the interview on Friday, 9/6. The brief interview invitation email said it was from 11:30a-4p. I’m trying to get a flight back the same day for my cousin’s wedding that evening. Do you recall if the interview day ended at 4 or did the last interview start at 4? From what you’re saying, it sounds like everything ends at 4p. 

Thanks in advance 🙃