North Carolina Campbell PA applicants 2019-2020 upcoming cycle

6 hours ago, Packman PA said:

Congrats to those that got accepted.  I’m a current 1st year in the PA Program and can say you will love being at Campbell.  

I love how much you love and commit to praising Campbell, PackmanPA. It makes me THAT much more excited and invested in Campbell ☺️☺️☺️

They ought to pay you commission for all the prospective students you bring in lol 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pqyourpa said:

Hi!! 

I’m trying to get a flight to Campbell for the interview on Friday, 9/6. The brief interview invitation email said it was from 11:30a-4p. I’m trying to get a flight back the same day for my cousin’s wedding that evening. Do you recall if the interview day ended at 4 or did the last interview start at 4? From what you’re saying, it sounds like everything ends at 4p. 

Thanks in advance 🙃

If I remember correctly, the day wasn’t done until about 4:15-4:20. That said, our Q&A session at the end of the day with current/former students could have gone a little longer than planned 🙂 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hellofellowapplicants said:

Just got the call from Wes! Been accepted to the PA/MPH program!!

Congratulations! I am in the dual program right now - you will love it! Public health is a lot of fun and gives a new perspective on health. Let me know if you have any questions. I think we probably met during interview day. 

13 hours ago, peanutbutterPA said:

Me too, to the regular PA program! So excited!

See above! Congratulations!

6 hours ago, pqyourpa said:

Hi!! 

I’m trying to get a flight to Campbell for the interview on Friday, 9/6. The brief interview invitation email said it was from 11:30a-4p. I’m trying to get a flight back the same day for my cousin’s wedding that evening. Do you recall if the interview day ended at 4 or did the last interview start at 4? From what you’re saying, it sounds like everything ends at 4p. 

Thanks in advance 🙃

Usually the formal day is over by 3 and there is a student panel from 3-4. It’s probably not a huge deal if you have to leave the panel early if there are no other decent flights available. You can always reach out to Wes and ask him what he thinks is appropriate. 

1 hour ago, Googlebrain said:

I was also offered a seat this morning! So excited!

The day ended about 4:15 as mbartausky said. The former/current students talked a little longer than they were supposed to but it was all very helpful. I think you may be cutting it close but could possibly make a flight that evening!

Congratulations! Let me know if you have any questions!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mbartausky11 said:

If I remember correctly, the day wasn’t done until about 4:15-4:20. That said, our Q&A session at the end of the day with current/former students could have gone a little longer than planned 🙂 

17 hours ago, Googlebrain said:

I was also offered a seat this morning! So excited!

The day ended about 4:15 as mbartausky said. The former/current students talked a little longer than they were supposed to but it was all very helpful. I think you may be cutting it close but could possibly make a flight that evening!

15 hours ago, aspiringpa2016 said:

Usually the formal day is over by 3 and there is a student panel from 3-4. It’s probably not a huge deal if you have to leave the panel early if there are no other decent flights available. You can always reach out to Wes and ask him what he thinks is appropriate. 

Thank you all so much for this information!!

23 minutes ago, shack said:

Does anybody know if CASPer is still a requirement this year? I applied last year and it was, however I no longer see anything about CASPer on Campbell's website. 

CASPer is no longer a requirement!

3 hours ago, aquacamel said:

Has anyone gotten an email/notification about a Facebook group for accepted students?? 

I got the acceptance call Monday!!

Congrats! I have not yet gotten a notification about a group for accepted either

• Upvote 1

for those who got the invite to interview, how many days after did they send the email with more information about the interview? got an invite to interview on 9/6 on august 8th and Wes said he would sending an email sometime this week with more info, but has yet to send anything. 

8 hours ago, mer1987 said:

for those who got the invite to interview, how many days after did they send the email with more information about the interview? got an invite to interview on 9/6 on august 8th and Wes said he would sending an email sometime this week with more info, but has yet to send anything. 

Hey! I'm also interviewing on 9/6!!!  Excited for you and excited for me! Hopefully we'll get to meet 🙂 

I called Wes today to follow up on my flight clarification, and he picked me up right away and advised me on what to do. He didn't mention anything about the more detailed interview email (I also didn't ask lol). I think we can follow up on Monday if there's no email by tomorrow.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ProspectivePAGT said:

Did you all get a confirmation email after Campbell received all of your materials? 

Hey, yes!

I sent in my CASPA app on May 15.

Received a confirmation email on July 18.
Email from Wes below:
"We would like to inform you that your file is now complete! We've received your CASPA application, supplemental application, and GRE scores. Faculty will be reviewing your application in the upcoming weeks to determine if you will be selected for an interview.  Please keep in mind that if you are still working on the completion of the required prerequisites or healthcare experience, you must plan to complete these requirements by December 31, 2019. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions concerning your application. "

Received an interview invitation on Aug 8.

2 hours ago, matt24 said:

Does anyone know if Campbell has cadavers? Does anyone have any info on where they place you for rotations as well? I’ve just received an interview for the 6th and I’m trying to gain as much info as possible. Thank you guys for any insight. I am incredibly happy 🙂 

Matt24,

Im a current first year and can say yes we do use cadavers for our anatomy lab.  They are already prosected by the PT students so this allows us more time to study and learn and don’t need to do any of the dissection.  As for rotations I’m not sure exactly but was told they are in N.C. and if you say we’re to live in raleigh. They try and make the sites within about a hour drive.  But I’m not sure of the exact details.  Good luck and congrats on getting an interview   

1 hour ago, Packman PA said:

Matt24,

Im a current first year and can say yes we do use cadavers for our anatomy lab.  They are already prosected by the PT students so this allows us more time to study and learn and don’t need to do any of the dissection.  As for rotations I’m not sure exactly but was told they are in N.C. and if you say we’re to live in raleigh. They try and make the sites within about a hour drive.  But I’m not sure of the exact details.  Good luck and congrats on getting an interview   

Thanks Packman! I appreciate it. Sounds like you are really liking the program so far 

6 hours ago, Googlebrain said:

Any updates on a facebook group? Put my deposit down! It was not fun seeing the money come out of my bank account but really excited for the program! Lol

On 8/15/2019 at 12:22 PM, aquacamel said:

Has anyone gotten an email/notification about a Facebook group for accepted students?? 

I got the acceptance call Monday!!

Here ya go! https://www.facebook.com/groups/645825692572170/

On 8/16/2019 at 4:12 PM, ProspectivePAGT said:

Did you all get a confirmation email after Campbell received all of your materials? 

You might want to call the phone number on their website to ask about getting a confirmation email. I think this happened to a couple of people on here including myself.

Confirmation email has a different subject line than below.

“Thank you for applying to the Campbell University PA Program”

On 8/15/2019 at 3:24 PM, mer1987 said:

I just emailed Wes to follow up on the interview details. Fingers crossed that we'll get an update soon!!!

Going to interview on 9/6 and am trying to get my hotel + transportation in order as I am from Florida. Can anyone give me any insight about this?  Probably will fly into RDU and then i guess Uber to the hotel and to the interview? The building where the interviews are held is about an hour from the airport. Does anyone have any insight on helpful transportation methods or hotel suggestions?

13 minutes ago, alexiscoelho said:

Going to interview on 9/6 and am trying to get my hotel + transportation in order as I am from Florida. Can anyone give me any insight about this?  Probably will fly into RDU and then i guess Uber to the hotel and to the interview? The building where the interviews are held is about an hour from the airport. Does anyone have any insight on helpful transportation methods or hotel suggestions?

Hey, congratulations! I’ll also be attending the 9/6 interview 🤗 My name is PQ and hopefully we’ll get to connect there! 

I'm flying into RDU from Chicago on 9/5 and am staying at an Airbnb in a nearby town that’s 15-20 mins away. I chose a closer location to the school (as opposed to the airport) because 1) I wanted to check out the area to see if I can see myself here; 2) the short commute will be a smart idea to avoid running late due to traffic or any anomaly. I rented a car for transportation. I’ll only be there for a day or two and it’ll be more convenient to run on my time versus Uber. 

I hope this helps! 

Edited by pqyourpa
Clarification
  • Like 1

I know its late in the cycle but I finally submitted to Campbell a few days ago. I was wondering if anyone with similar stats to mine has received an interview. I will be using the last 60 hrs calculation because my overall is under 3.2. I have a 3.97 last 60hrs GPA which includes almost all prereqs except A&P 1 and Stats, I took them prior. I have 14,000+ hours of PCE as a Lead paramedic, over 1,000 volunteer hours. A's in all prereqs (including genetics) except a B in stats. Hoping its not too late!