North Carolina Campbell PA applicants 2019-2020 upcoming cycle

14 hours ago, alexiscoelho said:

Going to interview on 9/6 and am trying to get my hotel + transportation in order as I am from Florida. Can anyone give me any insight about this?  Probably will fly into RDU and then i guess Uber to the hotel and to the interview? The building where the interviews are held is about an hour from the airport. Does anyone have any insight on helpful transportation methods or hotel suggestions?

Alexiscoelho,

Congrats on the interview.  I’m a 1st year student and getting Uber/Lyft in Buies creek near school can be challenging.  I live in raleigh and commute every day so I did not have to get a hotel or car.  You might want to see if anyone else is going to rent a car/hotel near you and carpool.  Just hate for you to not get an Uber the day of your interview.  It’s a great program and the instructors truly care and are amazing.  Again congrats and ask me if you have any other questions.  

34 minutes ago, mattsully said:

Anyone heard anything yet after yesterday's interview? I'm going nuts waiting. 

Hey, Matt!

I haven't gone for my interview yet, so I apologize that I don't have any updates for you in this aspect.

However, I wanted to ask how long did it take for you to get your interview details follow-up email? I ask because in my interview invitation was sent on 8/8 and the email stated that the details would be sent the following week, and it's been going on 2 weeks now...lol also going nuts waiting.... 

20 hours ago, Packman PA said:

Alexiscoelho,

Congrats on the interview.  I’m a 1st year student and getting Uber/Lyft in Buies creek near school can be challenging.  I live in raleigh and commute every day so I did not have to get a hotel or car.  You might want to see if anyone else is going to rent a car/hotel near you and carpool.  Just hate for you to not get an Uber the day of your interview.  It’s a great program and the instructors truly care and are amazing.  Again congrats and ask me if you have any other questions.  

43 minutes ago, mattsully said:

Anyone heard anything yet after yesterday's interview? I'm going nuts waiting. 

6 minutes ago, salolli said:

Also dying waiting to hear!

Did they tell you at the interview how many seats are filled / still available? @Packman PA, do they tell you these things or no?

2 minutes ago, pqyourpa said:

Hey, Matt!

I haven't gone for my interview yet, so I apologize that I don't have any updates for you in this aspect.

However, I wanted to ask how long did it take for you to get your interview details follow-up email? I ask because in my interview invitation was sent on 8/8 and the email stated that the details would be sent the following week, and it's been going on 2 weeks now...lol also going nuts waiting.... 

PQ-  I didn’t get my email with interview details until 8/14 for my interview on 8/21. Hope this helps! Got my invite on 7/25. 

1 minute ago, salolli said:

PQ-  I didn’t get my email with interview details until 8/14 for my interview on 8/21. Hope this helps! Got my invite on 7/25. 

Thank you for this! Finally some clarity on what to expect! lol

So when they say "next week", they really mean 3 weeks...sending it to you a few days before the interview to keep you on your toes. 

I hope the interview went well for you and wishing you the best of luck!

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 9:14 PM, alexiscoelho said:

Going to interview on 9/6 and am trying to get my hotel + transportation in order as I am from Florida. Can anyone give me any insight about this?  Probably will fly into RDU and then i guess Uber to the hotel and to the interview? The building where the interviews are held is about an hour from the airport. Does anyone have any insight on helpful transportation methods or hotel suggestions?

Hi!

There is a Microtel approximately 4-5 minutes away from campus, which is where I stayed for my interview. The price ended up being fairly comparable to Airbnbs I was finding in the area, and the hotel was closer and included a breakfast. As for transportation, like PQ I ended up renting a car. One of the faculty members mentioned something about Uber not being available in the area, though I did not attempt this so I cannot confirm. Plus, renting a car was nice to be able to check out the area! From RDU, I made several stops to check out some historical sites and parks in the area, and then had some fun checking out Raleigh on my way back to the airport.

3 hours ago, pqyourpa said:

Hey, Matt!

Hi!

I think I got my follow-up email maybe two weeks or so after the initial invitation, so I wouldn't worry about it. Also, good luck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pqyourpa said:

Did they tell you at the interview how many seats are filled / still available? @Packman PA, do they tell you these things or no?

Pqyourpa,

When I interviewed last year they did not tell us how many seats were still open.  I can’t say enough about the program and how much they truly care about the students too.  

• Like 1

Hey guys

For those that interviewed yesterday it can take awhile before you hear back.  Last year I interviewed on a Friday and heard back the following Monday mid morning.  So it might not be till tomorrow or Monday.  We just had skills test/OSCE test yesterday and first big exam today and they will need to look that over as well.  Best of luck and ask if you have any further questions.  

1 minute ago, MedGal1995 said:

hey guys! i am not applying to pa school but my boyfriend is- so i have been using this to help him get info about what's been going on with everyone else! Anyways, he just got the acceptance call about 10 mins ago from Campbell! Good luck to everyone else!! he interviewed yesterday!

Congrats to your boyfriend.  

• Like 1

Just FYI PA admissions asked for applicants to refrain from calling to see if their application is complete -- you will receive a 'complete' email when your application is being reviewed by the admissions committee. Apparently calling was a miscommunication on here! Good luck with applications everyone!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, pa1919 said:

Just FYI PA admissions asked for applicants to refrain from calling to see if their application is complete -- you will receive a 'complete' email when your application is being reviewed by the admissions committee. Apparently calling was a miscommunication on here! Good luck with applications everyone!

Thank you so much for sharing this! I was getting really worried that my application wasn't actually complete. 

• Like 1