University of Tampa 2020-2021 Application cycle!

7 minutes ago, kprepag said:

Did anyone else get an email asking about experiences discrepancies?

I know I didn’t exaggerate/lie.

Hmmmm, btw, email said interviews & updates would be given on December 18th.

I just received the same email as well and was wondering the same thing. I have not had any programs bring up any discrepancies thus far in my application but I suppose I will have to take another look. Good luck all.

20 minutes ago, ClevelandJ said:

I just received the same email as well and was wondering the same thing. I have not had any programs bring up any discrepancies thus far in my application but I suppose I will have to take another look. Good luck all.

I did not receive that email? Hmm. I have a boat load of hours in medical field ?!??

30 minutes ago, kprepag said:

Did anyone else get an email asking about experiences discrepancies?

I know I didn’t exaggerate/lie.

Hmmmm, btw, email said interviews & updates would be given on December 18th.

I am so glad you posted this! I got the same email and was like what! I went into my caspa application that was submitted and went through and calculated all my hours on there and they are all fine. I am not sure where they are getting these other "self-reported" hours from. I went through their custom questions and there wasn't a section where you had different hours questions. They had questions that said by Oct 1 how many PCH will you have obtained... My hours are actually the same that I put in CASPA. I am super confused. 

45 minutes ago, ClevelandJ said:

I also got this email! Wondering if it was a generic email sent to everyone or if the "examples" were individualized because the numbers don't seem to be anywhere close to what I reported…?  Either way, I made sure to calculate my hours manyyyyy times before submitting to avoid any discrepancies, so I'm super confused. 

26 minutes ago, Aztec1993 said:

I also got this email! Wondering if it was a generic email sent to everyone or if the "examples" were individualized because the numbers don't seem to be anywhere close to what I reported…?  Either way, I made sure to calculate my hours manyyyyy times before submitting to avoid any discrepancies, so I'm super confused. 

Not sure that this was a generic email, I didn't receive one and I had a significant number of hours both logged and projected. Doesn't mean it couldn't have been a glitch in the system though! Seems odd that so many people would receive it yet you guys know for a fact that your numbers line up. I would try calling ASAP.  

Okay so I sent an email and got a response... I went back through and checked all may inputs and they are correct... this was the response I got:

Hello,

Thank you for your message. The bullets listed in the original email were just examples for reference, not anyone’s exact responses. If you input all of your experiences, then you can disregard the original email.

Thank you,

The University of Tampa

Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies

Physician Assistant Medicine Program Admissions

41 minutes ago, HMcConney said:

Okay so I sent an email and got a response... I went back through and checked all may inputs and they are correct... this was the response I got:

Hello,

Thank you for your message. The bullets listed in the original email were just examples for reference, not anyone’s exact responses. If you input all of your experiences, then you can disregard the original email.

Thank you,

The University of Tampa

Well that is kind of a scary email to send applicants...😂 I never got this email, but I also do not have too many hours, so I'm sure they weren't worried about me exaggerating lol

I got the same email and it gave me a panic attack. My hours reported on the self report and CASPA match up. I checked many many times before I inputed everything. I just sent them a detailed email about my hours even underlining my CASPA application with the hours. Seems like a glitch or something. Hope this does not affect our interview chances. 

44 minutes ago, Futurehuman said:

Wondering if they are sending this email to everyone they plan to interview trying to make sure everything is accurate in the applicants they are interested in. I didn’t receive one ☹️

I don’t think that’s it. Maybe they were reviewing their applications now, and in a way it’s to let them know their applications are being reviewed. So if there is anything they would like to correct now would be the chance. 

Also I didn’t receive one but maybe they just haven’t gotten to mine yet

Edited by anizam
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, anizam said:

I don’t think that’s it. Maybe they were reviewing their applications now, and in a way it’s to let them know their applications are being reviewed. So if there is anything they would like to correct now would be the chance. 

Also I didn’t receive one but maybe they just haven’t gotten to mine yet

They could be reviewing in order of the CASPA submission date. I applied early in the cycle. I did get that email and I had mini freak out moment about "what discrepancies". I think they are giving everyone a chance to review and edit one last time before sending out final interviews in December. So for the others that didn't get that email, I would assume there is plenty of time to receive it. IMO

28 minutes ago, Vet2PA said:

They could be reviewing in order of the CASPA submission date. I applied early in the cycle. I did get that email and I had mini freak out moment about "what discrepancies". I think they are giving everyone a chance to review and edit one last time before sending out final interviews in December. So for the others that didn't get that email, I would assume there is plenty of time to receive it. IMO

That’s true, those are good points. The waiting through these processes makes me think of any and all possibilities but trying to remain optimistic. Hoping for good news. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HMcConney said:

Hello,

Thank you,

The University of Tampa

Thanks so much for sharing this! I got the email too yesterday and spent way too much time trying to figure out how they got the #s in the email as they seemed so off to my actual self-reported and CASPA hours. Just to confirm if you got the same 'examples' i did, was this the first bullet in your email?

" - Applicant self-reported 1,000 hours of community service, but there are only 200 hours listed under the community service tab in the experiences section of CASPA."

I do wish that they would let us know specifically what discrepancy they found so I could address it directly... I think I may just try and address every single part of the reported #s to make sure I cover all my bases.

Good Morning Everyone,

I got the same email in regard to the discrepancies in my application. After a mild panic attack, I went into my CASPA app and there is a mild difference in hours that I should update. Do I just "add" the amended experience in CASPA?  I also need to amend the question part under program materials for UT. Has anyone had to do this? I emailed them two days ago and left a VM.

Additionally, for the community service hours- do we add up the hours that we labeled as PCE, HCE, etc.? The place I currently volunteer for- I have shadowed, preformed hands-on tasks, and completed other tasks that would fall under HCE that I added up for my community service as well as some non-healthcare volunteering. This has me doubting all my experiences lol. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/27/2020 at 10:02 PM, Futurehuman said:

Wondering if they are sending this email to everyone they plan to interview trying to make sure everything is accurate in the applicants they are interested in. I didn’t receive one ☹️

I also didn't get the email, and now this post kind of has me worried haha. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing that I didn't get it.. this whole process is nerve wrecking! 

I didn't have a crazy amount of clinical hours on my CASPA, only about ~5000, and I made sure for the question about how many hours expected by 10/1 to have it as accurate as possible based on how many hours that I put I worked per week on CASPA. I submitted the first week of June. 

Edited by nervousformyclasses

14 hours ago, eschulte said:

Good Morning Everyone,

I got the same email in regard to the discrepancies in my application. After a mild panic attack, I went into my CASPA app and there is a mild difference in hours that I should update. Do I just "add" the amended experience in CASPA?  I also need to amend the question part under program materials for UT. Has anyone had to do this? I emailed them two days ago and left a VM.

Additionally, for the community service hours- do we add up the hours that we labeled as PCE, HCE, etc.? The place I currently volunteer for- I have shadowed, preformed hands-on tasks, and completed other tasks that would fall under HCE that I added up for my community service as well as some non-healthcare volunteering. This has me doubting all my experiences lol. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

I had to update my hours after discovering I reported the wrong number of hours... AND THEN I realized that the fixed hours were reported under the wrong category (PCE vs. HCE)!! 🤦🏻‍♀️  I emailed CASPA asking what to do, and they advised to enter the correct hours and email schools letting them know I updated my application (don't forget to also send your updated app through the CASPA portal! I attached a screenshot).

For program materials, the portal doesn't allow changes once you've submitted your app. I think the best thing to do is reach out to the school directly, which you already did. Hope this helps!

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 12.07.13 AM.png