University of Tampa 2020-2021 Application cycle!

On 5/29/2020 at 1:57 PM, cbacon25 said:

What should I do if I never received a confirmation email from them? My application was verified on 5/9.... Is there a person I can email from that school to verify? I received confirmation from all 6 other schools I applied to.

I would say to email the school to double check that they received it but also check your spam folder because I’ve heard some people say that their confirmation emails get put there since they’re automated. 

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys! my CASPA was verified 6/10, I still did not get an email from Tampa with their verification

im an avg applicant, but hopefully I get an interview!

my stats (gpa calculated by CASPA)-

sGPA: 3.6

cGPA: 3.9

PCE: 1,300 hrs (I got furloughed from my position; I worked as an ICU patient technician)

PA shadowing hrs: 92 hrs

Volunteering: 300 in Nepal in the ER and OT

Leadership/community service: 2,000 as a Polish School Tutor and TA

Hi everyone, 
I am attending UT's program. If you have anyone questions about the application process let me know. 

How competitive of a school is this. I applied end of May I was confirmed. Just waiting to here back for an interview. When do they usually send stuff out? Also how has covid impacted your learning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/20/2020 at 2:53 PM, Popup123 said:

How competitive of a school is this. I applied end of May I was confirmed. Just waiting to here back for an interview. When do they usually send stuff out? Also how has covid impacted your learning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They aren’t rolling admissions, so every applicant that is selected for an interview will hear the same day regardless of application submission date. The tentative date should be posted on their website. 

The class before me moved online for a bit. However the program director is keeping all things in-person for the fall semester.

Edited by johncfl

On 6/20/2020 at 3:08 PM, FloridaPA21 said:

How was the interview process? Any additional testing ? 

Thank you for reaching out

The interview process was very well organized in my opinion. We were required to take a 4 hour PA-CAT exam in addition to writing an essay. Otherwise no additional testing. 

1 hour ago, Trapster92 said:

@PA2020MC Would you mind sharing if you had interviewed with the program last cycle and what were your stats? Thanks 

Hi! I did not have an interview and at the time my stats were different then they are now but I’m pretty sure I just met the minimum requirements and had about 6000 hours. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, johncfl said:

The interview process was very well organized in my opinion. We were required to take a 4 hour PA-CAT exam in addition to writing an essay. Otherwise no additional testing. 

I was planning on taking the PA-CAT for another school so I guess that’s good then. How was your experience taking it? I’m a bit nervous. 

21 hours ago, johncfl said:

Thank you for answering. The essay was on the computer or on paper? Also, did you take the PA-CAT on the interview date and on the campus?