University of Tampa 2020-2021 Application cycle!

So I want to congratulate all of you that got accepted and all of you that did not and all of you that applied and didn’t get an interview invite. You are all amazing! Each school looks for different things in their interview invites. 
I want all of you who did not even get an interview to know about a person named Tom Brady. 
Tom Brady was selected with pick number 199, a compensatory pick, in the 7th round of the 2000 NFL draft. He wasn’t supposed to do anything or amount to anything.

He just won the super bowl for the 7th time and for a team that was terrible at the beginning of the season. He was the MVP for this game and he is 43 years old. 

You are all amazing and just because you didn’t get in here doesn’t mean you are not the best PA there will ever be. 

Keep your head up. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I have a question for you all. How many of you are veterans?

It seems that UT has a strong strong preference for veterans. I am not a veteran so I am wondering if it is even worth applying again next year to UT because I am not a veteran and didn’t even get an interview invite. I was strong in 7 preferences but did not have the military experience.

Also, for all of you that are veterans, thank you for your service. 

29 minutes ago, Strpa said:

It seems that UT has a strong strong preference for veterans. I am not a veteran so I am wondering if it is even worth applying again next year to UT because I am not a veteran and didn’t even get an interview invite. I was strong in 7 preferences but did not have the military experience.

I am not a veteran and interviewed, but I was waitlisted! 

On 2/9/2021 at 8:13 AM, Strpa said:

I'm not a veteran and I was accepted.

9 hours ago, kahopkins said:

I'm not a veteran and I was accepted.

On 2/9/2021 at 9:13 AM, Strpa said:

Suggesting those who received interviews and were accepted into the program were only selected because they are a veteran seems a little unfair. Perhaps those applicants just had a stronger application than you did. There were over 2700 applicants for 48 seats. This program is insanely competitive. None of the classes have been 100% Veterans. So, if you feel like you have a strong enough package don’t let not being a veteran stop you from not reapplying. 

• Like 1

Hello all. Just wanted to say congrats to all who were accepted and all on the waitlist! Anyone who was rejected or still waiting, keep your head up and keep working hard, your time will come.

Does anyone know how many were accepted off of the waitlist last year? Or does anyone know when the deadline to deposit for the offered seats are this year?

1 hour ago, JClark11 said:

Hello all. Just wanted to say congrats to all who were accepted and all on the waitlist! Anyone who was rejected or still waiting, keep your head up and keep working hard, your time will come.

Does anyone know how many were accepted off of the waitlist last year? Or does anyone know when the deadline to deposit for the offered seats are this year?

Not sure how many were accepted from the waitlist last year, but deposits are due by February 19th! 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cier29 said:

If the waitlist is not moving anymore and the deadline for deposits has passed.Should it be considered a rejection now ? 
Not sure if anyone knows from last year 🤔🤔

You can still give up your seat even if you’ve placed your deposit! Oftentimes people who are accepted will place their deposit to hold their seat, but will give it up because they’ve been accepted off the waitlist elsewhere which may be their preferred choice. I believe you have until matriculation to be accepted off the waitlist. 

Don’t lose hope! I was in the same boat and was accepted off the waitlist for my first choice & ended up giving up my seat at a school I placed a deposit at so another student off the waitlist could have my seat. I am also waitlisted for University of Tampa & will be declining if offered a seat, so hopefully that will boost you up the list as well 🙂

Edited by momv01016

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 11:35 AM, Cier29 said:

If the waitlist is not moving anymore and the deadline for deposits has passed.Should it be considered a rejection now ? 
Not sure if anyone knows from last year 🤔🤔

Yes so last year that had excel sheet with you caspa ID and that’s how it was updated. If you’re within the 20 top then the likelihood of getting in is high. 

On 2/10/2021 at 8:34 PM, Aztec1993 said:
On 2/9/2021 at 9:13 AM, Strpa said:

You do not have to be a veteran to get excepted to UT. I want to say that maybe 20% of current class is veteran but that does not mean they don’t accept non veterans.

I am not a veteran and I got accepted.

this program is exceptional and amazing in every aspect of it and I would encourage everyone to apply because of the wonderful opportunities we have

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 5:30 PM, Patricia5827 said:

Im listening to their virtual information session right now, anyone applying in April for next cycle, they just said moving forward PA-CAT is now required for admission. Not sure why they dont have it on the website yet

Thank you for posting this! I just emailed admissions to confirm and this is correct. Something to know for people applying this coming cycle.

• 6 months later...
On 3/24/2021 at 10:23 PM, momv01016 said:

I took the PA-CAT this cycle for another school and it wasn’t bad! The questions were straight forward & Exam Master provides you with a course to prepare you for the exam. 

I agree! There are a lot of study resources out there, so definitely don't let it scare you away! 🙂 I took it earlier this year, so if anyone has questions, let me know!