University of Tampa 2020-2021 Application cycle!

On 7/26/2020 at 8:51 PM, padeb said:

Does anyone know if human biology will be ok for the gen bio I prerequisite? I haven't taken gen bio so I was going to see if human bio will cover gen I and genetics gen II. 

There is a substitute form you can submit to argue. I would do that or email! They are helpful i am substituting my second bio 2 with genetics 

On 6/21/2020 at 10:10 PM, johncfl said:

The interview process was very well organized in my opinion. We were required to take a 4 hour PA-CAT exam in addition to writing an essay. Otherwise no additional testing. 

Did they notify you before the interview that you'd be taking the PA-CAT? A little nerve wracking since I had no intention of taking that exam

I emailed the program bc I never received confirmation from them, and they said they never received my application so I emailed them the CASPA document and it clearly shows that it was 1) send out to university of tampa, and 2) my status as verified. I would recommend to EVERYONE that didnt receive a confirmation email to talk to the program ASAP because clearly there is an issue with their side of things 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SaschaRochelle said:

Okay I see several comments about the PA-CAT being something done at the interview? Is that something happening this year too or was that a like trial of the exam? Their website states it's not required so just confused what everyone is talking about!

I think it was required during interviews last year purely as a trial run since the PA-CAT had just finished getting developed and one of the people behind this project was a University of Tampa faculty member (or alum?? I can't remember but they had some affiliation with Tampa). I don't know if they'll require it this year as well since they've been pretty tight lipped about it

14 hours ago, orchidlily12 said:

I think it was required during interviews last year purely as a trial run since the PA-CAT had just finished getting developed and one of the people behind this project was a University of Tampa faculty member (or alum?? I can't remember but they had some affiliation with Tampa). I don't know if they'll require it this year as well since they've been pretty tight lipped about it

Okay that was definitely what I was thinking it was, thank you! Guess we'll have to wait and see about it this year!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

If you're going to substitute courses for the Gen Bio I/II requirements, does anyone know if you're supposed to submit the petition form via email, or are you just supposed to submit the request with your CASPA application? It asks you to list the petition form (can't remember how it's worded) under the "downloads" tab, but is that only once the substitutions are officially approved?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 4:49 PM, CCamp said:

If you're going to substitute courses for the Gen Bio I/II requirements, does anyone know if you're supposed to submit the petition form via email, or are you just supposed to submit the request with your CASPA application? It asks you to list the petition form (can't remember how it's worded) under the "downloads" tab, but is that only once the substitutions are officially approved?

i dont think you have to submit the form for those substitutions per their website 

did you all add brand new experiences to reflect updated hours if you submitted other caspa apps previously? i am submitting tampa late and dont know if i should add a brand new experience reflecting the additional hours i have earned at the same job, wondering if anyone experienced the same thing!

You could! They also have you write total hours by Oct 1 in app questions. Both wouldn’t hurt though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 2:24 PM, singerdancer said:

I am getting mixed opinions on the website whether or not I need to submit a form for using substituting Biochemistry for Gen Chem 2, and Genetics for the second biology. According to CASPA they stated on their you didnt have to but i just wanted to be sure. thank you for any feedback! 

Hi there! You are correct that you do not need to submit a form. On CASPA, specifically UT's program, it states "Applicants must submit this form to request prerequisite substitutions (except Chemistry II and Biology II substitutions per website instructions)" The only thing you need to do is to choose biochemistry and select this for the chemistry II prerequisite and choose genetics for the biology II prerequisite when selecting prerequisites in CASPA.

I also emailed UT about the substitutions and they did not mention that I needed to use the petition form for the chemistry II and biology II prerequisite substitutions. I hope this helps and good luck!