University of Tampa 2020-2021 Application cycle!

5 minutes ago, ptokki said:

Oh wow, I had no idea they required the PA-CAT.  did you study a lot before taking the PA-CAT for the interview? Did you start studying as soon as you found out it was required for the interview or were you studying for it way before that?

Well they said that you didn't need to study for it so I didn't, but then again i was waitlisted.

2 hours ago, Gr8nessawaits said:

The interview last cycle was done in two days. The first day they did a presentation of the program where you talk with current students and after that you take the PA-CAT. The next day is the actual interview. Not sure if this year will be the same.

They only have interview dates for the last 4 Fridays in January on their website. Were you given two consecutive days last cycle? 

30 minutes ago, Aztec1993 said:

They only have interview dates for the last 4 Fridays in January on their website. Were you given two consecutive days last cycle? 

29 minutes ago, Mari1992 said:

Did you have to pay for the PA-CAT? What did you think of the exam?

I honestly don't remember, but I'm pretty sure they had two days listed. This year they might not even do the test, who knows. They were doing a "trial" on the test when I took it and the scores were not being considered for admission. They also listed the test on their website. Many things were different. They extended interviews in Oct not December like they are doing this year. I would just wait and see, they are very organized and let you know exactly what's going on so you'll always know your status.

No, we did not have to pay. I don't think the test was terrible just way too long lol. Hopefully they don't do it this year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/22/2020 at 7:12 PM, FloridaPA21 said:

Thank you for answering. The essay was on the computer or on paper? Also, did you take the PA-CAT on the interview date and on the campus?

Computer. PA-CAT was the first day of interviews. It was being done as a pilot study. I don’t know that this round of applicants will be asked to take it.

21 minutes ago, Johnny0513 said:

I'm taking Biochem at Doane University and the class will be done by 10/10/20, would that still be ok?

Applicants must earn a "C" or better in prerequisite courses, and they must be completed at a regionally accredited institution by Oct. 1. 

This is what it states on the website, so I believe your class and verification would not be done by Oct 1st. 

On 5/25/2020 at 2:59 AM, CrystalGemPA said:

Hey, I second the last two replies! Judging from last years thread, applicants received confirmation emails from the program a couple of days/weeks after their application was verified. And then around the 3rd/4th week of October they started sending out interview invitations. So, we have a little bit of a wait to say the least, haha! Good luck to everyone! 

Hi there! Since they send out invitations pass October, are we allowed to email the school to let them know that our direct-patient care hours have increased throughout? 

8 minutes ago, ceejthefuturePA said:

Hi there! Since they send out invitations pass October, are we allowed to email the school to let them know that our direct-patient care hours have increased throughout? 

From their website “You may send one email to pam@ut.edu alerting us of all changes to your application after submission but not later than Oct. 1, 2020. The changes should also be uploaded to your CASPA application. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, aarmst25 said:

From their website “You may send one email to pam@ut.edu alerting us of all changes to your application after submission but not later than Oct. 1, 2020. The changes should also be uploaded to your CASPA application. 

Thank you!! So when I went on my CASPA app to update my hours , I'm locked out. This is what I see, the button to change it is grayed out. 198175393_ScreenShot2020-07-01at2_00_35PM.thumb.png.bcad01b8b3504735f01325c167b7b559.png

24 minutes ago, ceejthefuturePA said:

Thank you!! So when I went on my CASPA app to update my hours , I'm locked out. This is what I see, the button to change it is grayed out. 198175393_ScreenShot2020-07-01at2_00_35PM.thumb.png.bcad01b8b3504735f01325c167b7b559.png

You can not make edits to previous entries you must create a new experience

12 hours ago, ceejthefuturePA said:

So create a new experience but upload the same one I have for the PCA position with updated hours? 

yes! so add a new experience with the 200 hours or however many hours you have worked since you submitted. I’ve gotten advice to only do this one a month at most.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, ceejthefuturePA said:

Sorry for the late reply. I agree with what ceo1218 and aarmst25 has said. I've also heard that it is better to add the experience closer to the deadline in order to not be repetitive and to just have one lump sum available to them. Good luck! 

Edited by CrystalGemPA
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 3:18 PM, Mari1992 said:

I applied last month but haven’t heard back from the school in terms of them letting me know my application is under review. Is that normal? 

I got an email from them the day my CASPA was verified saying they received my app and will review in the next coming months. 

On 5/24/2020 at 6:19 PM, Galganmm said:

I was verified on 5/11 and still haven’t heard any thing!  

Edit: I received this email on 5/28!

Your application for The University of Tampa’s Physician Assistant Medicine program is now verified! Our admissions committee will review your application over the coming months. Please review the important information below regarding next steps:

• Applicants are selected for an interview based on the strength of their CASPA application, including a review of their academic preparation and the program's preferences.

• Interview invitations will be extended by Dec. 18, 2020.

• Interviews will be held Jan. 8, 15, 22 and 29, 2021.

• Professionalism throughout the application process is considered.

To ensure your application is reflective of your skills and hard work, please be sure to thoroughly complete the "Experiences" section of your CASPA application, found under "Supporting Information." This section includes areas such as non-healthcare employment, research, volunteer, patient care experience, etc. You won't be able to edit or delete existing entries, but you can add new experiences.

Best of luck to you!

Sincerely,

The University of Tampa

Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies

Physician Assistant Medicine Program Admissions

open?upn=bzWMsITA8CvJJIQ8xuXgfX5M85lNAmL

I have received this email from UT at least 4 times now? Anyone else having this happen to them?

Thanks! Good luck to everyone 🙂