University of Tampa 2020-2021 Application cycle!

Guest Paapp20202021
6 hours ago, Strpa said:

It probably says dec 17 because they need to see how many more invites they need to extend according to how many declines they got and send them on the 18th 

I called them. They told me interviews will be sent out in small batches leading up till the 21st of December because that’s their deadline of when they want to send out interviews. If you don’t hear back after the 21st, most likely a rejection

Edited by Paapp20202021

Guest dean227
6 minutes ago, ARHEES said:

Ive just attended their informational session and was told that all 120 invites have been sent out today and they are just waiting for people to accept the offers. 

So if we didn’t get one we should assume we have gotten a rejection? lol 

9 minutes ago, ARHEES said:

Ive just attended their informational session and was told that all 120 invites have been sent out today and they are just waiting for people to accept the offers. 

Odd that they seem to be offering conflicting information from what you heard at the informational versus what someone else was told over the phone earlier. Nothing we can really do now other than wait (some more lol) and see. Good luck everyone! 

23 minutes ago, Strpa said:

I kind of figured this was what was happening. It makes the most sense. Oh well. Maybe next year. Good luck to you all on your futures!

Don’t give up so easy ! I was also in the info session. Yes, they sent out all 120 invites today BUT people have been getting accepted elsewhere all fall and as they decline we will be offered a spot. Keep your hope alive, honey !! 

Guest Paapp20202021
12 minutes ago, Mlogan said:

Don’t give up so easy ! I was also in the info session. Yes, they sent out all 120 invites today BUT people have been getting accepted elsewhere all fall and as they decline we will be offered a spot. Keep your hope alive, honey !! 

Did you receive an invite?

Guest Paapp20202021
3 hours ago, Paapp20202021 said:

I called them. They told me interviews will be sent out in small batches leading up till the 21st of December because that’s their deadline of when they want to send out interviews. If you don’t hear back after the 21st, most likely a rejection

I just find it odd that the pa counselor told me this and you guys are giving me a different story lol...guess we will have to wait and see..

Edited by Paapp20202021

Guest Paapp20202021
2 minutes ago, Strpa said:

Mlogan, why would you say you are hopeful based on the information at the session? I thought they said all 120 had been sent...?

I’m just so lost strpa.... I called today around 4 a clock and the lady I spoke to was talking to admissions in the pa department and received an email letting people who call know they will be sending invite emails December 15,16,17,18, and 21 and if you did not hear back about an invite on the 21st, then it’s most likely a rejection

Edited by Paapp20202021

Guest dean227

I guess the only thing we can do for those who didn’t receive an interview invite today is wait until later this week. I hope there’s good news soon for everyone!
Is anyone surprised they’re doing in person interviews at all? The other interviews I’ve had have all been over zoom so it’s kinda surprising it’s in person lol. 

4 minutes ago, dean227 said:

I guess the only thing we can do for those who didn’t receive an interview invite today is wait until later this week. I hope there’s good news soon for everyone!
Is anyone surprised they’re doing in person interviews at all? The other interviews I’ve had have all been over zoom so it’s kinda surprising it’s in person lol. 

I know it’s going to be a big advantage for those who can attend in person, greater chances to increase rapport and be  memorable but it’s a pandemic 😷 so it’s understandable for virtual. Also it’s convenient 

I agree eschulte. I was certain we would find out on Friday. This has been crazy that today was the day. I am a bit surprised though that only 2 people have informed us of interviews on this thread. I know not everyone who will get an invite is a member here but it does seem weird only 2 have responded with invites.

Just now, Strpa said:

Good morning to all and congratulations to all that have received invites to interviews. I did not receive and invite. I really thought my application was very competitive. I am an older applicant and this may have hurt me. Good luck to you all!

Older as in age? I am 32 -> 33 and there is an existing person in the program almost 50 

One thing I do worry about is what if your application didn’t even qualify? What if you made a mistake and put a class in the supplemental application from your transcript and it was the wrong class? Would they find the correct class on your transcript or would they just throw it out and call it incomplete?