University of Tampa 2020-2021 Application cycle!

4 hours ago, mmjpa said:

I applied and was verified 5/27. Still have not heard anything. Best of luck to everyone. 🙂 

Their deadline hasn’t even passed (October 1st), so after that the review process will start (they’re non-rolling). Their website says you’ll hear from them by middle of December. Testing our patience for sure! 😂

23 minutes ago, EmC2297 said:

Their deadline hasn’t even passed (October 1st), so after that the review process will start (they’re non-rolling). Their website says you’ll hear from them by middle of December. Testing our patience for sure! 😂

HAHA for sure. I posted this in all the schools I applied to so I guess I could have taken out the "still haven't heard anything" DUH I HAVEN'T, silly me. Talk to you all in December I guess! 😅

• Like 1

I got their confirmation email about a week ago.

My sGPA is 3.52

cGPA is 3.5

last 60 credit GPA is around 3.7

PCE: Certified and Licensed Medical Lab Technologist 7000+ hrs which they list as "moderate" PCE

300 hours of volunteering at a 2 PT clinics and 1 skilled nursing facility

First generation college student

what do you think of my stats?

This is one of the few universities that accept my work hours as a lab medical technologist. I really hope I get interviewed, I live right there!!!

I got their confirmation email about a week ago.
My sGPA is 3.52
cGPA is 3.5
last 60 credit GPA is around 3.7
PCE: Certified and Licensed Medical Lab Technologist 7000+ hrs which they list as "moderate" PCE
300 hours of volunteering at a 2 PT clinics and 1 skilled nursing facility
First generation college student
what do you think of my stats?
This is one of the few universities that accept my work hours as a lab medical technologist. I really hope I get interviewed, I live right there!!!

I’m an MLS as well!! I was very excited when they mentioned our job specifically, I have similar gpas and have had three interviews so far and I have less PCE hours than you, I think you got a good shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Rebecca65 said:

I’m an MLS as well!! I was very excited when they mentioned our job specifically, I have similar gpas and have had three interviews so far and I have less PCE hours than you, I think you got a good shot!

MLS for the win! 3 interviews sounds great!! Where else did you you apply? I’ve honestly been applying to schools that accept my hours cause I just need to get in this cycle. So far I have one interview for in 6 weeks. Ahhh so excited

MLS for the win! 3 interviews sounds great!! Where else did you you apply? I’ve honestly been applying to schools that accept my hours cause I just need to get in this cycle. So far I have one interview for in 6 weeks. Ahhh so excited

I’m in Texas so all Texas schools, UMHB, UTMB and HSU. Multiple people from each school have mentioned how well lab people do, there’s a couple in each cohort it seems. I’m still waiting to hear back from one in Texas and one in NM but here’s to hoping for the best! Hopefully we get to meet in an interview soon haha

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NikaS said:

When the university says our applications must be verified by 10/1, do they mean CASPA or by the program? My CASPA is verified, but I have not heard anything from the program. Thanks!

Since it’s so close to the deadline, I would reach out to the program if you haven’t received an email from them stating your application is verified. 

Based on the thread for last cycle, interviews started going out October 18th. This wait has been killer, fingers crossed things aren’t delayed this year due to COVID! 

Email says they would send out invites December 18th. They’re very organized so I doubt they’ll send out anything before then. Last year the email said Oct. 18th and that’s when invites went out.

4 hours ago, Gr8nessawaits said:

Email says they would send out invites December 18th. They’re very organized so I doubt they’ll send out anything before then. Last year the email said Oct. 18th and that’s when invites went out.

Oh, shoot. I took that to mean that all interviews would be offered by December, not that they would begin being offered in December. I double checked the thread from last cycle and you’re right, those emails did say October 18th. Whew, this is rough! 

Oh, shoot. I took that to mean that all interviews would be offered by December, not that they would begin being offered in December. I double checked the thread from last cycle and you’re right, those emails did say October 18th. Whew, this is rough! 

Who knows lol maybe you’re right. It does say “by” December 18th. Could be sooner. Just have to wait and see.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Also just commenting as a place holder. I applied to a dozen schools in CA but my fiancé just got orders to Tampa unexpectedly (we knew it could be a possibility). UT was one of my top choices and now is my #1. Really really hoping for the best. My stats are as follows:

CGPA 3.2

CSGPA 3.0 

(this includes 30 credits with 4.0 post Bach GPA)

Last 60 credits are about a 3.7 or so

Dual science degrees BA/BS

4000+ hours paid in (human) research at a hospital. Working directly with patient care teams.

300+ hours volunteering 

60 hours shadowing a PA 

Good-luck everyone 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Also just commenting as a place holder. I applied to a dozen schools in CA but my fiancé just got orders to Tampa unexpectedly (we knew it could be a possibility). UT was one of my top choices and now is my #1. Really really hoping for the best. My stats are as follows:
CGPA 3.2
CSGPA 3.0 
(this includes 30 credits with 4.0 post Bach GPA)
Last 60 credits are about a 3.7 or so
Dual science degrees BA/BS
4000+ hours paid in (human) research at a hospital. Working directly with patient care teams.
300+ hours volunteering 
60 hours shadowing a PA 
Good-luck everyone [emoji846] 

I have similar GPA stats! Did a complete 180 as a post-bacc so I looked for schools that would recognize that. Best of luck to you as well!
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, mandyq said:

Me too! Hoping for the best.

I really appreciate that UT recognizes the last 60 as important, so many students change study habits and enter more productive states by end of college career, in my opinion last 60 is a far better reflection of future capability in masters programs rather than overall. Wish you guys the best and hope we all hear great news soon!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1