University of Tampa 2020-2021 Application cycle!

On 9/28/2020 at 6:47 AM, christian7447 said:

I got their confirmation email about a week ago.

My sGPA is 3.52

cGPA is 3.5

last 60 credit GPA is around 3.7

PCE: Certified and Licensed Medical Lab Technologist 7000+ hrs which they list as "moderate" PCE

300 hours of volunteering at a 2 PT clinics and 1 skilled nursing facility

First generation college student

what do you think of my stats?

This is one of the few universities that accept my work hours as a lab medical technologist. I really hope I get interviewed, I live right there!!!

Do you know if this program look at cGPA/sGPA also? from what ive seen on the website they only look at the last 60 and the prereq GPA. 

On 10/30/2020 at 8:51 AM, ARHEES said:

Do you know if this program look at cGPA/sGPA also? from what ive seen on the website they only look at the last 60 and the prereq GPA. 

There website claims to look at applicants holistically, so I believe they take everything into consideration, but if I had to say, I think they place a greater emphasize on the last 60 when it comes to GPA. You can always try emailing them to see what they have to say 🤷‍♂️ 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Akua92 said:

Has anyone heard anything yet?? 

I read through last years post on this program and, if I read it correctly, they told everyone literally on the day that they mentioned, which I think was November 15th, specifically around the afternoon at 5 PM-ish I think. Then they kept emailing people if some dropped their acceptances and left spots open for a couple weeks afterwards. I think it’ll be the same for us, except it’ll be December. So we have quite a wait. Disclaimer!! This is just from what I remember and I don’t know for sure, but I thought you guys might wanna know 🙂

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Guest Paapp20202021
On 11/9/2020 at 9:55 PM, christian7447 said:

I read through last years post on this program and, if I read it correctly, they told everyone literally on the day that they mentioned, which I think was November 15th, specifically around the afternoon at 5 PM-ish I think. Then they kept emailing people if some dropped their acceptances and left spots open for a couple weeks afterwards. I think it’ll be the same for us, except it’ll be December. So we have quite a wait. Disclaimer!! This is just from what I remember and I don’t know for sure, but I thought you guys might wanna know 🙂

We should be hearing anytime from now and December 18th! I called and asked! 

Edited by Paapp20202021

13 hours ago, ARHEES said:

Does anyone mind sharing stats?

I don't mind. GPA is a bit low but let's hope for the best 🙂

cGPA-3.55

sGPA.3.4, last 60 is around a 3.8

PCE> 2000 as an MLS

research-570

volunteer->600 

HCE-150

Leadership- charge tech, four years as a college athlete, two years as team captain

Shadowing- 150ish

Hoping we hear back soon and get some interviews, would love to meet y'all! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rebecca65 said:

I don't mind. GPA is a bit low but let's hope for the best 🙂

cGPA-3.55

sGPA.3.4, last 60 is around a 3.8

PCE> 2000 as an MLS

research-570

volunteer->600 

HCE-150

Leadership- charge tech, four years as a college athlete, two years as team captain

Shadowing- 150ish

Hoping we hear back soon and get some interviews, would love to meet y'all! 

your GPA seems high to me. they only look at the last 60 so I think you're good! I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. plus great volunteer and shadowing hours 

Hey everyone I am  Tampa native and Air Force at the nearby base. I was able to find out of the UT PA program from a supervisor who is in the program. She looked over my transcripts and I only need Microbiology and Bio II to be eligible. I knocked those out Jan-Apr 2020 and place my application. I was worried about GPA for science but CASPA App calculated it higher than expected. My background is Exercise Physiology from South Florida 2006, Practical Nursing Tech/Medical Tech/EMT in Air Force Reserves and now Active Duty since 2011, and Acupuncture Physician/Holistic Doctor since 2016 

My stats are:

cGPA- 3.59

sGPA.- Overall 3.63, last 60 is around a 3.98

PCE - 5,620 as a Med Tech Air Force and Acupuncture Physician 

Volunteer- 777 Shaolin Temple and College Leadership

HCE-1113 Shaolin Temple, Med Tech Air Force and Acupuncture Physician

Leadership- 664 and 9 years in the Air Force with various leadership positions ( hard to quantify so I addressed in my personal statement).

Shadowing- Didn't quantify but stated my constant interaction with PAs in the military in my statement.

I wish y'all luck and Happy Turkey Day. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 3:13 PM, ShaolinDoc said:

Hey everyone I am  Tampa native and Air Force at the nearby base. I was able to find out of the UT PA program from a supervisor who is in the program. She looked over my transcripts and I only need Microbiology and Bio II to be eligible. I knocked those out Jan-Apr 2020 and place my application. I was worried about GPA for science but CASPA App calculated it higher than expected. My background is Exercise Physiology from South Florida 2006, Practical Nursing Tech/Medical Tech/EMT in Air Force Reserves and now Active Duty since 2011, and Acupuncture Physician/Holistic Doctor since 2016 

My stats are:

cGPA- 3.59

sGPA.- Overall 3.63, last 60 is around a 3.98

PCE - 5,620 as a Med Tech Air Force and Acupuncture Physician 

Volunteer- 777 Shaolin Temple and College Leadership

HCE-1113 Shaolin Temple, Med Tech Air Force and Acupuncture Physician

Leadership- 664 and 9 years in the Air Force with various leadership positions ( hard to quantify so I addressed in my personal statement).

Shadowing- Didn't quantify but stated my constant interaction with PAs in the military in my statement.

I wish y'all luck and Happy Turkey Day. 

You will definitely get in you seem very competitive. may I ask what your prereq GPA is?

On 11/23/2020 at 7:32 AM, ARHEES said:

Does anyone mind sharing stats?

My stats are: 

cGPA: 3.8 

sGPA: 3.57

PCE: 1,100hrs as CNA 

Volunteer: 500hr through Sorority, Nursing Home, and starting a special education program called Elk Buddies 

Leadership: cant remember exactly but over 500hr for holding 6 positions within my sorority, VP of all greek life on campus, and starting the special education program 

Shadowing: 20hr 

Really hoping for the best! Im an out of state candidate! 

14 minutes ago, Page11 said:

My stats are: 

cGPA: 3.8 

sGPA: 3.57

PCE: 1,100hrs as CNA 

Volunteer: 500hr through Sorority, Nursing Home, and starting a special education program called Elk Buddies 

Leadership: cant remember exactly but over 500hr for holding 6 positions within my sorority, VP of all greek life on campus, and starting the special education program 

Shadowing: 20hr 

Really hoping for the best! Im an out of state candidate! 

how about your prerequisite and last 60 GPA? 

Guest Paapp20202021
2 hours ago, Page11 said:

Sorry i wasn't clear. My science GPA listed 3.57 is the last 60 of my science courses taken. Prereq GPA is 3.81. 

I understand you guys are nervous...we all are ...but posting your stats on here is not going to solve anything..regardless of stats, some people get in for other reasons so can we please post about if anyone received interviews?

Edited by Paapp20202021

Guest dean227
3 minutes ago, Paapp20202021 said:

I understand you guys are nervous...we all are ...but posting your stats on here is not going to solve anything..regardless of stats, some people get in for other reasons so can we please post about if anyone received interviews?

Omg thank you for posting this lol