2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

1 hour ago, D0011 said:

Hello everyone! I had a quick question. 

I see everyone talking about their admissions counselor and their communication with them. How did you find out who your counselor was? I’ve completed both interviews and attended the information webinar last week, but I’ve never actually spoken with a counselor.

I went back and checked my email to see if I missed anything, but they all are signed as admissions department. I haven’t heard from them aside from the initial email for my application, and the interview/post interview webinar email. I’m just curious to see if anyone else has had a smiliar experience. 

Best of luck everyone!!!

I think the first time you contact them you get assigned someone. I had emailed them over a year ago with questions about prereqs and Grace responded and she now seems to be my counselor. At least she was the one that called to see if I had sent my supplemental application fee in. Other than that I haven't had any personalized contact other than the interview related emails. 

If you never contacted them I'm assuming you get randomly assigned to someone. If you really want to know who it is I'm sure you could call/email and ask. i don't know that it really matters if you don't have a reason to contact them.

3 minutes ago, anthrobiologist said:

Anyone else with Sanjay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with Sanjay! 

I also received an email this morning from admissions saying they received my supplemental application fee. But I'm still waiting for CASPA verification, LOEs, and CASPer score to be released. So I don't think I'll be under review until August.

I had Grace as a counselor; she was amazing! Just a little heads up, the first calls for acceptances happened in the evening, mostly between 5-9, if Im not mistaken, and I believe they were all done on the same night. I am in no way saying they will do the same this time, but that has been my experience. :):) I know the wait is rough, just breathe!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jlnisbett said:

I had Grace as a counselor; she was amazing! Just a little heads up, the first calls for acceptances happened in the evening, mostly between 5-9, if Im not mistaken, and I believe they were all done on the same night. I am in no way saying they will do the same this time, but that has been my experience. :):) I know the wait is rough, just breathe!

Thanks! What about people who interviewed and got rejected? Do you know when they found out? 

Thank  you!

30 minutes ago, Jlnisbett said:

Thank you! I think we’re all on pins and needles.

• Like 1